It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rather be a vampire and live for 1000 years, or be human and live for 1000 years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've began wondering if my obsession with Vampires was purely the immortality point of view. But now (or if they were, per se) that humans are "getting closer" to being able to prolong human life, would you rather live as a vampire for 1000 years, or a human?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I put vampires in the same category as the Easter Bunny.

So if I was to fantasize about something I prefer the "I can fly" scenario.

so to answer your question.... I would like to be a flying Easter bunny who will live for a 1000 years.

P.S. who also gets lotsa hot chicks.-for a 1000yrs.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If I had the choice, I'd live as a human for 1000 years. I'd want to age with the rest of my family and peers. I believe vampires don't age? ( At least the vampires on HBO's True Blood don't.)
And they don't eat food. I likes my food way too much to give it up.

I'd hate to have to get a new set of peers every hundred years, and I'd miss my family. One cool thing is that I'd get to see my descendants, but that's about it.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Clark W. Griswold]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'd have to go with being a vampire if I was going to live 1000 years because of the whole no aging thing. I'm falling apart enough as it is, why would I want to continue aging and falling apart for 1000 years? Losing friends and family would be a definite downside, but if I were a vampire I could just turn them as well. Right? Then again after dealing with the same drama for a few hundred years, I might start regretting that decision...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, as vampires are not real its hard to say because it would depend on the characteristics of the "vampire." If its the True Blood or Twilight style "always young, lots of superpowers" - then I'd much rather go the vampire route.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I haven't gotten around to watching True Blood, had great advertising tactics though. Is it much like Twilight? Went to see Twilight movie on Friday night, VERY disappointed, can say that it's at the top of my list of movies - the WORST movies I've seen! But the book remains near the top.

My theory about vampires and immortality - borrowed from someone else - is that they do age, but very slowly. A gunshot to the heart would kill them like any old human, but the possibility of living for an extraordinarily long time is there. Do you think there would be many differences between a human and a vampire then, besides the diet? I haven't thought about it until recently, but immoratlity was the main bonus of being a vampire for me.. I mean, what other bonuses are there? I don't know what else I would "realistically" (it seems ironic to use the term 'realistically' when speaking of a supposed myth) stereotype as a vampire trait.

-L

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
id rather be a vampire with the life span of the average human because id be able to fly and turn into a bat but would still be living with my family and friends.
if i was the only person living for 1,000 years then i would miss my family too much and would have to change jobs and friends before the found out that i was a freak that 10 times longer then most humans

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
definitely a vampire if they're all they're portrayed to be ...i'd be ticked though i wouldn't be able to eat some garlic bread sticks anymore ....

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What the hell kind of question is that? Of course most people would rather be human. Make it 10,000 years for vampires and they might reconsider.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The only downside of being human and live for a thousand years is you'd feel like a thousand years old. lol.

Vamps don't age as fast as humans so I'd go with Vamps. Plus, only having to consume blood and not the food pyramid would be a hellavu lot more convenient.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Well? There's got to be conditions.

A tipical 110 person is really old these days. God love them, but they are crusty little buggers and they don't do much, nor can they do much as many of their senses have left them. So are we talking living as a human for 1000 years as an extention of one of these crusty little buggers at 110 and then +890 more years? I'd gather if that were to be then they would be about a pile of dust that would start blowing away around 900.

Strangely so two would a vampire be, a pile of dust blowing away at its end.

What's the rate of decay? How if I were a vampire would I depart the plan after only 1000 years?

Come on, you can do better then this!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'd say neither because both fleshy units have to "FEED" on/off someone/thing else just to survive on this darn planet.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If I looked like Edward from Twilight, and was just as irresistible, I think I would want to be a vampire. Assuming of course I had Bella too.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Vampires aren't real so I'll take human. Though I'm not fond of either species per se. lol

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
100% Unequivocally Vampire.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Does it really matter?

Either way you will only live to be 1000 years old.
Either I die looking old or I die looking young. Both ways you die at 1000. I don't see the advantage of either.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
A vampire.

Definitely a vampire ...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Would the Vampires 1000 year life be contingent on whether or not it went out into the sun, or didn't get enough blood sucking for the week?

I'm going by what I have heard about the more popular habits and weaknesses as illustrated in sci-fi. If this is the case, then technically picking the Vampire would potentially make you quite vulnerable and somewhat limited.

As far as the 1k year old Human, well as long as you didn't get in some sort of tragic accident or caught up in deadly foul play you could live the 1k without doing anything exceptionally abnormal to sustain your years.

You also could enjoy a good sun rise.

I'd pick neither, but I'm leaning toward "human".

- Lee

top topics

join