It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology security shoots man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Scientology already scares me enough. Armed guards now? What do you guys think. Are they going to start shooting protesters next? Armed scientologists scare me, and I love guns.

Source

Your thoughts ATS?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Actually, it seems perfectly normal to me.
CoS in Hollywood, catering to the stars and always under fire from critics and naysayers. It seems logical that they would want armed security for the safety of their clients, or members.
As to the man being shot? I work out with swords. I am pretty fair with them. I would never go after a man armed with a gun just using a sword. If I were in that guards position, I would have unloaded on him as well.

The only thing left to clear the matter in the news source up is, was the guard licensed to carry the weapon. Clear that and this entire thing will most likely be little more than a footnote in a month.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
umm.... he showed up with samurai swords??

edit: not a one liner

to add, the report states that he just showed up randomly and was threatening the security guards.

It doesn't state that they were Scientologists with guns, but an actual guard, whether or not it was a licensed guard I don't know, but it also states that they're going further in the investigation.

edit: again, we don't know the whole story ^.^ Cheers

[edit on 23-11-2008 by bandaidctrl]

[edit on 23-11-2008 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ahhh I didn't consider it was a a hired guard. I thought they just employed members of the church to do their security. I would have unloaded on the guy with swords as well. I would have shot him if he was just threatening me with a knife. I just hope they will refrain from doing this to protesters.

top topics

join