It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox 360 Live NAT setting problems...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hey,

So i decided to get an xbox 360 live the other day and got a few games, got gears of war 2 so i could play it with multiplayer on live.

But I keep getting an issue that says my NAT is "moderate" and it could prevent me from playing games on live.

I checked on the net and found a few options that might work, like opening new ports and setting it to push through to your xbox with a static IP etc on your router etc.

Still at work now so no chance to try it yet, was just wondering if there are any other ppl on here who had the same issue and found a way to fix it ?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
me, i am an avid xbox 360 gamer...god knows i have had my issues. could you be more specific?

if it says your nat is moderate, but you can still play, then it is a non-issue.

mine has said before that my nat is open, which it should be, but i never had a problem, and it went away after awhile, all while i did nothing.:shk:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

It says it's moderate yeah, but it doesn't allow me to play gears of war 2, can't find anyone in the lobby, so when i do a network connection test everything passed except the NAT, and from what i have read your NAT is supposed to say open, not moderate or strict...

apparently your supposed to change some settings in your router, like opening port UDP 88 and UDP 3074 but it's not guarunteed that that'd even work.

So i'm not really sure what to do here.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alucard Hellsing

ahh.....i have had this problem, trying to think how i fixxed this.

have you tried resetting your modem and router?

im sorry im trying to help you, thinking is not my thing right this second....

maybe installing new firmware in your modem/router would help?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yeah man, i have reset the damn thing and all, and i know we have the latest firmware on the router..

Dude, can't you check on your router what settings you have set for your xbox ?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

ok, what brand of router and modem are you using, what speed, what ISP.....i need details....otherwise i cant help.

also....make sure that your pc and xbox do not have the same IP address. set the DNS to automatic in your 360 dashboard.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Changed my router settings, tweaked em abit and opened up ports 88 and 3074, it FINALLY worked after doing that!!

Played GOW2 and it rocks, but now my god damned headphones i got with the xbox won't work...i can hear someone talking every once in a while and then it drops out for a long time...ffs

can't things just work 1st time round

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

good man....try checking your setiings for headphones, click on your gamer pic/profile......or is it in the dashboard?......one of the 2. the headset is probably just a setting.

peace

top topics

join