It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 employee calls Art Bell in frantic worry...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

Originally posted by DigitalKid

Art said they found out what the problem was: Their satellite had Lost Earth Lock. What would have the power to do something like that?

It deffinatly gave me chills.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by DigitalKid]

Oh right, because you cant possibly imagine what would cause a satellite to malfunction in such a way so it must have been the government... right......

Or it could have been orbital decay, a orbital course correction error, mis alignment due tobeing hit by aparticle or something.. one of a ton of things that ACTUALLY HAPPEN..but no, thats not big enough for you..for you this needs to be an x-fils government conspiracy that rises to the highest levels of government and power. Get real.

Before I reply to you, whats with the aggresive tones? Do you need to get laid or something? #

Also did I say it was Government that made that happen? Stop making assumptions on me/my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
hoax, more than likely.

a guy rang Art some time later, on air, claiming to be the hoaxer, and did an encore performance. don't have the link but its on utube.

it is freaky tho -- gr8 acting

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Art said they found out what the problem was: Their satellite had Lost Earth Lock. What would have the power to do something like that?

It deffinatly gave me chills.

Oh right, because you cant possibly imagine what would cause a satellite to malfunction in such a way so it must have been the government... right......

Or it could have been orbital decay, a orbital course correction error, mis alignment due tobeing hit by aparticle or something.. one of a ton of things that ACTUALLY HAPPEN..but no, thats not big enough for you..for you this needs to be an x-fils government conspiracy that rises to the highest levels of government and power. Get real.

Before I reply to you, whats with the aggresive tones? Do you need to get laid or something? #

Also did I say it was Government that made that happen? Stop making assumptions on me/my thoughts.

My agressive tone is the fact that in a arena of research whos question and answer are so important - what are UFOs and where do they come from - a question that deserves serious scientific scrutiny - people like you who spout sensationalist and proof less claims, who have no proof, are too lazy to do research, and spread these wild claims as if they were fact without even stopping to question it because "How would we confirm that" are the very reason why the UFO phenomenon and researching it over all now has been relegated to society's "nutter pile".

Hardly anyone in the scientific community will take a good look because to do so would be smear on their career. Credbile witnesses dont come forward due to chance of ridicule.
Cults, psuedo religions and end of the world aien messiah etc people have spread far and wde.. again? Because people spread claims without proof and shove them down peoples throats as if it were gospel, and darea skeptic want to question the claim, otherwise its the evil skeptic. People you have turned the UFO research arena into what it is today, a circus of hoaxery and fantastic claims were a arena of UFO authors each copetes for the best sales were in the stories need get more fanastic more hard to believe lest the books dont sell, A arena where the truth isnt the ulimate goal but the almighty dollar or in some cases religion is the goal,
a arena where the UFOlogical equivalent of Jesus second coming - "UFO Disclosure" is always around the corner. A Arena where crticial thinking and true analysis went out the window a long time ago.
Yes are are some in the field, and even some here on ATS who do approach things from a scientific point of view but the numbers are to few to make a dent in the armor of conspiracy theory, alien messiah 2012 niburu fbi mulder and scully art bell greer covering up crashing alien abduction scene.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If he was acting then who cut the radio station off?

Obviously there is a chance he is faking but if the station went down (which it clearly did) how can that be explained?

Obviously if there was truth in his statements a cover story would have to be made?

To tell you the truth of what I think happened.... Art had reserved a special telephone line that night for any Area 51 employees to call in.... I think the government interferred with that call and radio broadcast as soon as the caller sounded legitimate and started saying some things that hit head-on. It would be an awfully wild coincidence if it were anything otherwise... actually too wild. No one can really change my mind on that.

As to whether or not the caller was legitimate... I do not know.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains

Obviously there is a chance he is faking but if the station went down (which it clearly did) how can that be explained?

Obviously if there was truth in his statements a cover story would have to be made?

To tell you the truth of what I think happened.... Art had reserved a special telephone line that night for any Area 51 employees to call in.... I think the government interferred with that call and radio broadcast as soon as the caller sounded legitimate and started saying some things that hit head-on. It would be an awfully wild coincidence if it were anything otherwise... actually too wild. No one can really change my mind on that.

According to what I've found looking into it, 50 stations got a cut off at that time from the satellite being knocked off track.

All I'm saying is its a mighty coincidence, since this day(1997) the Georgia Guidstones have been errected etc, claiming they want a population of 500,000 etc, wat he actually said may of really scared someone listening in.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

According to what I've found looking into it, 50 stations got a cut off at that time from the satellite being knocked off track.

All I'm saying is its a mighty coincidence, since this day(1997) the Georgia Guidstones have been errected etc, claiming they want a population of 500,000 etc, wat he actually said may of really scared someone listening in.

"mighty coincendence" Ok so art bells station was 1 of 50 that went off the air..further hurting your story. So if 50 went offline how can you now possibly prove that it was on purpose? of those other 50 that went off how could you say it wasnt because of their content? Or if one of those stations happened to be playing the alex jones show, does that mean the crap that nutball says is true?

1. The satellite was probabaly knocked off track by natrual means as mentioned before
2. Now your using the coincendence principal aweak argument.

Think of how many times people have said "If X is true then may Y happen!" to themselves, a common one being something like

"If i am lying, may lightning strike me now"

Now, if all the times thats been said, if it actually happens once, does it mean anything? NO.

Your argument is BS.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Your argument is BS.

If you care to read my posts instead of being so aggresive on my first post I mearly stated it was worth checking out and listen for yourself.

I never declared anything for truth I mearly stated my opinion on matters, your attitude towards things is BS!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Your argument is BS.

If you care to read my posts instead of being so aggresive on my first post I mearly stated it was worth checking out and listen for yourself.

I never declared anything for truth I mearly stated my opinion on matters, your attitude towards things is BS!

Oh please. dont give me that. Anyone reading your posts can tell what your getting at. I am agressive in my pursuit of the truth.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Are the Georgia Guidstones now in place? Do they back up the claims that "they" want the population reduced?

I would say conclusively yes.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Are the Georgia Guidstones now in place? Do they back up the claims that "they" want the population reduced?

I would say conclusively yes.
no and no.

psuedo science hoaxes all around.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Your responses are so agressive and in such a negative tone that if I didn't know any better I would label you as a disinfo agent. This board is for people with open minded veiws to post their theories on what they think may, might, did, actually happen. Coming off with an agressive tone will not be well received. Maybe you should try a different aproach at getting people to listen to what you have to say. The second you start forcing your veiws is the second you will have nobody to share your veiws with.

As far as the radio station going offline along with 50 others make me believe even more that someone heard something that was too close to the true accurate situations and took that satellite offline. Calling back and retracting your statement does not make it untrue simply because nobody knows the circumstances. Everything is based on heresay and speculation so neither side could possibly be proven nor debunked try as you may.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I swear, this comes up several times a year.
Posted last month or so, even.
I'll post again the short reply:.
I heard it live, and numerous times over the 11 years since in replays.
The same (so he claimed) caller did call back and claim it as a hoax.
Art is a master broadcaster, and I wouldn't put it beyond his talents to flip a switch at a critical moment for dramatic effect.
Numerous persons have postulated that this was an early iteration of the infamous "J.C." who is so right wing and so redneck that he can't possibly have survived any real world life.

Still, the second most memorable moment in C2C history.
The most memorable was the time the whole Amargosa Valley communication system, from ground to satellite, internet and wifi, dropped completely during a controversial guest, knocking out C2C satellite feed and even backup isdn lines.
As this took out a whole valley, it did make the Las Vegas papers.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by NavalFC

Your responses are so agressive and in such a negative tone that if I didn't know any better I would label you as a disinfo agent. This board is for people with open minded veiws to post their theories on what they think may, might, did, actually happen. Coming off with an agressive tone will not be well received. Maybe you should try a different aproach at getting people to listen to what you have to say. The second you start forcing your veiws is the second you will have nobody to share your veiws with.

As far as the radio station going offline along with 50 others make me believe even more that someone heard something that was too close to the true accurate situations and took that satellite offline. Calling back and retracting your statement does not make it untrue simply because nobody knows the circumstances. Everything is based on heresay and speculation so neither side could possibly be proven nor debunked try as you may.

Hahah there you go folks! I am a CIA dis information agent. What? you cant come up with information to back up your frivelous claims? Nothing? simply call the skeptic a Disinfo agent! its a tried and true way to win any UFO related debate!

No, the 50 stations going offline makes this even less probabale. Becuase there are all sorts of perfectly natural phenomenon that intefere with satlites, and if you read the satellite didnt go offline, it lost Earth Lock temporarily.

So now, out of 50 stations going off you have to prove now that
A. The satellite was intentionally knocked off course. No proof.
B. That if it was knocked off course, that out of the 50 stations that went offline. that it was art bells in particular that was "targetted"
you cant. Your taking a phenomenon that does happen with satellites from time to time and with NO PROOF WHATSOEVER blowing it into something out of proportion and not reality.

And when I show how this is all wrong, your only come back is that I am a disinformation agent. Bra-vo. Bra-#ing Vo.

Your post captures the current state of UFO research PERFECTLY.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by NavalFC]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalKid

This was bogus. The guy called much later and proved he was the one who initiated the call.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by DigitalKid

This was bogus. The guy called much later and proved he was the one who initiated the call.

No whats funny is digitalkid and those who agree with him on this thread will believe the caller right off the bat without ANY PROOF what soeever when he says what they want to hear, because they want to believe..but when the same source calls back and says something they dont want to hear - hoax- they dont believe it. See how funny this is>

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Wow can you read? Did I call you a disinfo agent? Nope I said sounded like. You should learn how to read and digest what you read because in my post I stated that this could not be either proven nor debunked simply because its all heresay.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by NavalFC

Wow can you read? Did I call you a disinfo agent? Nope I said sounded like. You should learn how to read and digest what you read because in my post I stated that this could not be either proven nor debunked simply because its all heresay.

if the guy called back saying it was a hoax.. do the math

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow, what a wierd call. To be honest I am not sure what to make of it. The caller sounds very convincing. I had the feeling that at the very least the caller truly believed what he was saying.

as for who cut the transmission im not sure, If this caller was legit it very well could have been the government.

Either this was legit and the government interviened before he could give out to much info, he was crazy and truly believed what he was saying and the transmission cut was a coincedence or it was a fake and the cut was a coincidence.

I wonder also of the possibilty that this was a stunt. Sort of like orson wells and his war of the worls news story back in 1938(?).

I dont know. I havent heard this clip before and chose not to read the posts just yet so it would not infuence what I make of the call. (I will read them in a sec)

Too me it sounds like the caller is being genuine. At the very least he truly believes what he is saying. If it is a fake the caller is a very convincing actor (IMO)

EDIT: He called back and admited it was a hoax? I am impressed. the guy was very convincing to me. ah well, It was fun to listen to. I found the clip of him calling back but some how I cant get this wierd feeling that the call back saying it was a hoax, was the hoax. Mabye im just paranoid?

[edit on 23-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

[edit on 23-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

if the guy called back saying it was a hoax.. do the math

And you take his word for it? Wow. Who's gullible now?

This reminds me of that top official who said "we don't torture". Then guess what, the news of waterboarding at Gitmo exploded.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hey check this out eleventh down from the top

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join