It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God sadistic? *Cristians help me see the light*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok, so God is all knowing and all poweful, check.

So that means that he knows a person's desteny from the moment they're born or even before, who knows.

Why would he intentionaly give that person/conciousness that life if he already knows that this individual is going to end up in hell?

He is intentionally sending people to the eternal burning fires of the abyss and never ending suffering if thats the case, isn't he?

I'm really confused.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
bump, c'mon I need the light here.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Double, sryy!!

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Would it make you feel any better if I told you that the "hell" you are thinking about does NOT exist????

It sure does not make any sense that a loving God would create such an awful place, right?

Hope this series of articles can shed a little light

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
God is the nature of the universe.

The pattern to existance that is evedence of laws.

Infinity has a design an order..... that is god.

Youve already made the choice. Youre just here to find out why.

Many have had the chance to avoid pain by seeking the awnsers, this is the easy way. There are those who refuse to look... to think, or to understand the world around them, that is the choice of the hard way.

there are 4 choices: Learn from those wiser than you to avoid problems, Learn from other peoples mistakes, make the mistakes yoruself and learn form it, and last do nothing and just assume that theres nothing you can do to help anyone around you or yourself.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I believe my question was dodged there better than Sarah Palin vs Katie Kurick.

C'mon guys see my question answer it as simply as I put it. Non of this moon man talk.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

I'm really confused.

Ok.

May I help clear up the confusion? Paul answered this (emphasis mine):

Romans 9:13-24 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
First of all redneck from hell. I doubt that, you are not from hell. I don't believe you are an evil person.

Redneck? If you like nascar racing then yes you are.

Now the fact is, is that God creates baised on peoples will. meaning God works with free will in creating more humans.

God gave humans free will to have sex. Sex causes people to be born wh don't know if a soul wil end up in hell. God fortifies that will by creating a human being and even though he knows whether they will make it or not, doesn't mean our wills our decided for us.

we cannot spend life guessing where we will end up, we make that choice today, right now.

Now another fact is that people in hell are so evil that their sufferings (they would rather have) then to worship God. They don't want to be in heaven, they are hardened in spirit by sins. And so their state of soul is so black, so bad, so detestible and hateful towards God that their suffering is just.

It's not how you describe it. You describe it like hell is full of innocent people who are vulnerable to torture.

No no, these people are like hitler, yet hitler hated humans, and people in hell hate God and humans.

you don't understand the spirit and how they are hardened in evil. You know how you get rebellious inside?

I feal it too alot.

but it goes way deeper then that, and the ones in hell are hardened to the point of no return.

peace.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You say God knows where we will end up, but we decide or something like that. So GOD KNOWS bottom line. He is all knowing so he knows who will make it or not, making the process sadistic because he GOD from the moment he creates us he in a way already sends people to hell.
You also say our wills are not decided for us, but thats besides the point because when it cames down to it some will make it some will not, those that will and not are already known by god, which means he created some already knowing that they'd spend eternity in hell.
It's all very silly.
Did I catch the drift? By the way the breaking down of my name I was just........................... like that.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Redneck listen, you missed the point too.

It's not sadistic because God gave souls free range to have sex and create kids. God couldn't of just said.

" Look, have sex but do it in this circumstance and do it only when I say so "

No God gave us free will, and so that's the chance God takes, and the fact is, you're missing the point. EVERYBODY has the chance to make it to heaven. The ones in hell chose to be there and their wills don't want to serve and are hardened in evil.

meaning they have no love in them. And so if hitler was in hell then you say what?

That idiot deserves it.

Ok, everybody in hell is hardened like Hitler in pure evil. You don't understand the spiritual rhelm redneck and so like I said, they are worthy of that suffering.

you will see what I mean when God shows you the state of their souls.

I cannot explain it in here and I see your understanding is still worthy of milk instead of meat. meaning you are a baby in spiritual understanding.

and so the saga continues, you can't explain to understanding that hasn't reached it's true calling yet.

Just because God knows doesn't mean he's satanic. He loves souls too death and gives us every oppurtunity to CHOSE on earth where will will spend eternity.

Now I could see your point if God didn't give us a choice, but he did.

peace.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
you are having problems with your reasoning this out because you have some misconception

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
You say God knows where we will end up, but we decide or something like that. So GOD KNOWS bottom line. He is all knowing so he knows who will make it or not,

this is true, god does know. but your rushing past the freewill which is the base of it all. god created us with freewill because he wants us to serve him out of love, not compulsion.

making the process sadistic because he GOD from the moment he creates us he in a way already sends people to hell.

this is misconception number 1. god did not create in a way that we would be damned. when adam was created, he was declared perfect. when eve was created, she was created perfect. THEY are the ones who decided to rebel. just because god anticipated it, doesnt mean he designed them specifically to rebel. he designed them with the possiblity to make up their minds on their own. they decided to rebel, just as jesus decided to remain faithful.

You also say our wills are not decided for us, but thats besides the point because when it cames down to it some will make it some will not, those that will and not are already known by god, which means he created some already knowing that they'd spend eternity in hell.

exactly, it doesnt make sense right? if we are punished, it logically means that we have freewill. if we have freewill, it logically means that god didnt design us with predisposition, because if he did, then we werent created with freewill

btw hellfire was a metaphor for eternal destruction, not torture

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

You will never find the answer you are looking for. Starve your ego and feed your soul and the facts come, but they are ugly.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
o.k. I'll say it...

since god does not exist - god is not evil; actually god is another word for crutch...

god/organized religion = proverbial crutch

But, and a big but(t) here, if god did exist than yes, god would be a bi-polar, omnipotent being in need of prozac...in addition, god would need to stand trial for letting his "employees" break several child labor laws, not too mention the whole tax audit issue with all the beligerent donations...

So there - I didn't describe it in an Inbred language, but I will assume that you get the point...

top topics

join