It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point, if any, does the soul leave the body?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

The Bible says that when the body dies the soul returns to the Father who made it. S I guess my answer to your question would be at the time of brain death and heart stoppage. They can keep brain dead people alive on a machine so I think it would require both brain and heart stopping to really be dead.

Just my opinion from the WORD.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

The Bible says that when the body dies the soul returns to the Father who made it. S I guess my answer to your question would be at the time of brain death and heart stoppage. They can keep brain dead people alive on a machine so I think it would require both brain and heart stopping to really be dead.

Just my opinion from the WORD.

In physics........"energy can neither be created nor destroyed mearly change states" imho the soul is that energy!!! and goes somewhere.... the residual electrical currents and charges may cause so called phenomena to the cellular body (not hair and nail growth that is proven false)

doubt residual currents??? charge a large capacitor...........remove all sources of charge..........leave it a while and put it on ya tongue!!!!
thou shall not doubt again!!! lol

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LittlePinky82

I agree. About a year ago, I had an oobe and found myself at my sisters house, who lives four hours away and was able to tell her things I saw in her family room, that hadn't been there before.

Our mind is not matter and it can function outside of the living cells of our body. I'm no scientist but millions of people support each others testimony, through experience. It's like saying man's word isn't as valid because science can't test it.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

elysium fire I starred your post well put!

Aislin ,I'm glad if you had a moment like that thinking about these things should bring more moments like that

'death' is actually our friend it's a gift ,without it transformation is not possible

YAY Death

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Remember all those ESP shows mad in the 70's and 80's? There was one where they had peopel ready to die, laying on scales. At the moment of death, they claimed to take pictures of a mist leaving the body that could sometimes be photographed, but not seen, and in all cases the body looses several ounces of body weight. Maybe tha't the soul?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Hey elysumfire...i find your findings from Slawinski very interesting do you happen to have more info about the light-shout theory then? If so please post...

As i posted back in october a photo of my dog dying, (yes kinda morbid maybe) but i wanted to know if what i saw and is visible in the photo(surrounded in white light) is his spirit ....so dumb me, i posted this question in a thread about spirits ..and asked if what i saw was an aura.......really almost no soul" gave an answer?! or didn;t know all of a sudden what an aura was...

But then a month later i read your post about slawinski and since i cannot reallly find much about his finds....im very curious myself now if you have more information about this light-shout..

WhicheverAnyways thanks for trying.....

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I recall Jesus telling of two men. One was Lazarus who was poor, diseased, and pitiful. He begged the scraps from the table of a rich man. They both died.

The rich man "awakened" in great torment, recognized Lazarus across the great gulf, and asked Abraham if Lazarus could dip his finger in water and tough his lips, for he was in great torment.

Due to the great gulf, no one could cross.

Just from this alone, we appear to go pretty damned quick, we have bodies of some kind which are recognizeable, and we are already determined good or bad, and only await the final sentence.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Interesting question, but I don't believe the soul is "in" the body in the first place. I believe there is a non-physical bridge between the two (or more. Light body, soul body, physical body, mental body, etc) So some time after the point of death, the transfer of energy/information stops. Nothing leaves, it just stops flowing. As for when it happens, who knows. Maybe when all brain activity ceases, or maybe when the higher self knows that there is nothing more to gain from keeping the connection open (some coma patience?) With so many unknowns, it's a lot of guess work. Science can only tell us what physically happens, so there's only one real way to find out...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There was a case with an African man who was considered clinically dead for a period of 2 days. In this period of time the man claims to have experienced the spectacle of death, and coming home to the 'light'. He gave a brief description about how he reviewed his whole life and went on to speak about saints and angels. He claims there exists a place of unparalleled beauty and comfort.

Now, there was a poster who speculated external radiation responsible for the visual and auditory experience, I do doubt the energy acquired is enough to even induce slight flashes of memory, let alone full blown consciousness. All this occurs while the patient is clinically dead mind you, no ongoing electrical activity through the brain or other organs. This man was put in the moratorium, ready for burial.

Interesting to note as well, his family and friends were praying for his resurrection upon seeing his deceased body.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am happy this thread is a hit. Unfortunately, I will have to fully respond later. Thanks to all who are participating/reading!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Tibetan Monks are experts in death and dying ,they have the worlds record for a comprehensive grasp on this subject ,
they speak of something they call a light body
and that is when one among them is sufficiently skilled in his understanding of the relationship between 'what we understand as life and death' to upon 'dying' have a body that simply ceases to exist in this world

It vanishes from our sight in a flash of light!

there is an article in Scientific American as of sometime this year about this
and the accounts of people who witnessed it!

Pretty cool huh?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I notice that there is a consistent presupposition, and only if you make that presupposition can you ask a question about the soul leaving the body. Why assume that the soul is contained in the body, or equivalently, that the body is primary ad the soul enters and leaves it.

Consider an alternative way of looking the the situation. We are all one, all part of a giant pattern in intelligence without individual distinction, like the water in a lake. At some point, there is a “thickening” of this spirit matter into a nodule that is able to take on a density sufficient to interact with structure in the form of matter. This interaction produces the effect we call the body.

After a while, the node within the spirit field becomes finer and the matter structure evaporates. The process is not instantaneous and requires the matter to “evolve” from conception through to decay. The soul never enters of leaves because it doesn't really exist independently other than as a pattern or ripple in the spirit field.

Thought and spirit are the only reality, and all matter is a state of spirit, which is why so many wisdom traditions have identified a fundamental law of the Universe: thought is the basis of all physical manifestations.

Or not.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by metamagic]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

I enjoyed your post metamagic

very well put and is in the vain of what lots of us suppose things are like
well said

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I honestly don’t think the soul leaving your body has anything to do with the growth of certain things, I mean if u have no soul u have no life, but I believe every one is different, and ppls soul leave the body in different times of there life, and it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are dieing or dead. for example my grandmother once was very sick in the hospital after giving birth to one of her kids, she said the story how she just all of a sudden appeared in my grand mothers house hiding behind a tree, she remembers seeing my mother and her mother ass well and all the other little kids...the story goes on but at the end she said how she woke up and was back in her body in the hospital....there are many roaming souls out there whether ur dead or alive, there for just because ur soul is out of your body doesn’t mean ur body is dead. I once read a report thought that at times when ur should is out your body for whatever reason other roaming souls can come in and take over your body....then eventually leave ....I also knew this one guy during college who said he had the ability to get his soul out of his body and go were ever he wanted at night, of course this wants something that happened occasionally but at times, he said at first is hard to control it but then after wards u sometimes are able to control it.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
why can't anybody accept that when you die, it's lights out!!...forever!!! nothing more!!! dead!! kaput!!! sayonara!!! bon voyage!! all electrical impulses that run the brain are gone, shut down, power button off with no CMOS battery to hold info. this is why you live each day like it's your last one on earth. quit worrying about what's going to happen after your dead, and live every day while your alive.

This would be wrong to assume saying that when you die there is not an anti-you.

Also - Energy is never destroyed.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

The Tibetans say to stay away from the blinding bright light and chose the softer one ? I don't know what that means at all ,but that's what they tell the souls that they are guiding

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
the body is just a vehicle to experience this reality
our consciousness can be anywhere
everything is everywhere at the same time ...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet the soul leaves the body whenever you are unconscious.

Sleep included.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I did not read through the whole thread, so this may have already been mentioned. However, what if the reality we perceive as real is actually an illusion? Who says the soul leaves the body? Who says the soul is even IN the body?

Perhaps everything around us including ourselves is a mere illusion of a physical experience?

I always find subjects like this interesting. Another one to post is: Who says we are actually separate from each other? Or is it just our reality that gives us the illusion of separation?

Ponder!

EDIT: metamagic mentioned similar thing to what I am talking about a few posts before mine (I just read back upwards!)

[edit on 26/11/08 by realist00]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

you should look up out of oobe.. soul is the driver car is the body the car can move with out the driver its just rare but they are unrelated

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join