It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economic crisis will get worse it’s in our nature.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The economic crisis will get worse it’s in our nature.

The whole world is talking doom and gloom. We are actually talking it down just by talking in a negative way. Yes I know it’s hard to talk positive and we probably won’t be positive until we hit the bottom. Even that’s a negative statement in its self just bring up the discussion.

The news, TV, Papers, internet everyone is finding negatives. These guys live on bad news it sells much better than good news. We need to find some good news in all this to lift our spirits. Once we do that we can start to re-build.

Well that’s the way it appears to me – how about you.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No the problem is extremes, when it's going up they talk it up too much so the bubble bursts, then 'volatility' aka denial, then gloom and doom until things readjust and we start to come out of recession. Then the whole cycle starts over again. Oh the herd we are......

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You cannot stop the bad news. It's just like that trading mantra: Never go against the trend. Let the bad news take its course, manufactured or not. All we can do is sit, watch or panic.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Everyone is in a high state of sensitivity particularly those on the market floor. I think if you were there and clapped your hands they would fly just like a flock if birds.

Eldard – what I’m saying is we need more positive talk from the TV News and papers, instead they look for the doom and gloom. It’s the nature of news reporting.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

And how would you like them to do it? Concoct false reports for positiveness' sake?

The bad news is a rolling snowball. It can't be stopped try as you might. Besides, it's backed by non-imaginary data so it's hard to put pixie fairy dust into it.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I think that in a nation that unemployment is at its highest and that 45 percent of foreclosures can not be sold with million more to become homeless what kind of news can you put out there to lift spirits?

You can not lie to people and expect them to stay all happy when the crap hit their ceilings.

I guess we should start feeding "happy thoughts" to people so they can fill their plates at the table when money is not there to buy food.

Is better to be ready for the worst than wait for the worst to hit you first to be ready.

Americans are becoming unemployed by the thousands as companies weather the recession at the cost of their hardworking employees. In the midst of America’s woes, an industry lurking outside of our borders is reaping the benefits of America’s misery: Outsourcing.

It is sad when in America amiss the decay our nations industries and companies rather than preserving jobs in the nation take them to developing countries at the expenses of hard working Americans.

How can you bring good news with all this happening right now.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So what makes you think this crisis is limited to the USA. Sure the US is perhaps the hardest hit, you would expect that because thats where the problems started.

News reports are often over reactive its true particularly newspapers, it sells papers. True you cannot ask the public to be happy or positive but news shouldn't be overly negative.

top topics

join