It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Season Finale of Entourage Tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Season 5 of Entourage ends tonight and the painful weeks and months will drag on until Season 6 begins. There was a huge gap between season 4 and 5, hopefully we don't have to wait so long this time.

Any fans of the show?

It was only about a year ago that I started to watch the show. Inside a few days I had picked up every episode on DVD and just started watching them one after another. I was fortunate enough to come down with a dreadful case of the flu and had justification for laying on the couch for days on end.

If you don't watch the show, start! Best show on television.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I myself am also a big fan of the show and Im wondering what direction the show is heading..I never knew Turtles first name until last weekend and its nice to see him land a girl but jow long is that going to last. Ive read that this show is based arounf the good and bad times of Mark Whalberg and if it is then we all know how Vince turn out in the long run. I wish it was on longer than a half hour. Sundays and Mondays are my days for TV.

Sunday- Entourage, True Blood and Californication(awesome show)
Monday- Sara Connor Chronicles and Heroes(although Im losing interest)
and Fringe on Tuesday..I love Anna Torv

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Turtle's character is certainly taking on a whole new perspective. I think in the upcoming season we're going to see him branch out on his own.

I wish the episodes were an hour long and that the season had 35+ episodes. But even that probably couldn't fill my insatiable appetite for this show.

Did you find this season less comedic than the others? I don't mean this as a slight towards the show but maybe an effort to get away from humor intentionally with certain episodes. Some episodes were absolutely hilarious, Joshua Tree, but others seemed intent on being a little more serious.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

HBO confirmed on October 6, 2008, that Entourage has been renewed for a sixth season, with filming set to begin in January 2009. The episodes are set to air in summer 2009.[17] Gary Cole has been confirmed to be joining the cast as a regular for the new season.

Entourage Season Six

That is good news.

[edit on 11-23-2008 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I like the comedy in the show and I can say I have not been disappointed yet,The latest episodes with Adrien and Stellan Skaarsgard have been pretty dramatic and has kind of kept me on the edge of the couch with questions of his future as an actor.. Ari Gold has some of the best lines in the show and his character is great and so is Johnny Drama, He gets on my nerves a little but is always putting a smile on my face especially with his facial expressions. My only dislike is probably Seth Green, I dont like him in the show and to be honest Im not a big fan of him in anything he does.

Gary Cole is funny, I will always see him as Lumbergh from Office Space and maybe help get the crew back on track in the next season. Looks like I will post back later after its over...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I can not stand Seth Green, but his most recent episode was great because E & Charlie (Bow Wow) rolled around the floor stomping his ass out. That was a beautiful scene!

Ari & Drama literally provide the comedy for the show. E & Vinny keep the plot rolling, but they don't really provide the laughs. Ari & Drama are where the laughs are at and had some of television's most funniest scenes throughout the seasons.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I remember that fight scene now!!.., I cannot believe I forgot about that part with E and Bow Wow and Seth Green. That was a good part and you were right with Vince and E do keep it rolling but I feel maybe a bit more comedy can come from their part..If I had to pick my favorite character from the show it would have to be Ari, He sure does have a silver tongue.What abotu you..How do you like?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Would it be a stretch to say the greatest episode of the whole series?

Man, I am pumped after watching that.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Its 22:00 here and Im about to watch the finale...and yes that last episode may be one of the best....

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I dont know what time zone you are in Chiss but all I will say for now is OH WOW

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I wasn't sure if you had seen it yet so I wouldn't post any spoilers.

But what an amazing episode. Seeing Vinny get upset like that was a whole new experience and the dialogue between he and E out on the street was great. I'm really glad it ended on a high note though instead of on the possible downer it could have.

Now the miserable wait until Season 6.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Im in the eastern time zone and Im glad you didnt cast any spoliers..I thought it was indeed the best finale yet, I finally got to ses Vince and E act!! and I really thought that was the end of the friendship and business relationship, I was not sure what was going to happen and I was in suspense. I figured that E would go back to California and the boys would stay in NYC, But it was great to see them back in Queens. Im going to assume that alot of the next season will be in NY.

Was that Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps that E bumped into on the street when he was walking to Van Zandts office?..It looked and sounded like him..The wait is now on so I will wait with bated breath for the new season!!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I had read somewhere earlier that he was making a quick cameo in it and it was definitely him. I love how Entourage throws these celebrities into the mix in such casual roles that you could easily miss. It's also a huge credit to the show how they bring old characters back to smoothly with the same actors playing them.

Vinny & Johnny's brother, Ronnie, was in it last night and hadn't been in it for a season or two. They were out to buy that baseball jersey in a scam in a previous season. Or Sloan, E's ex-girlfriend, how she got brought back into the mix for an episode this season. Ari's two kids, that made an appearance this season, are the same actors. Well the son was too young at the beginning of the series I believe, but the daughter is the same actress.

It just creates a level of realism for the show, which is a huge factor in it's success.

A co-worker of mine who loves the show as well was talking about it all day today. I was just as happy to engage because it was such a great episode. I'll be watching a rerun of it today on my OnDemand network.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The Gary Cole character, Andrew Klein, is named after a fraternity brother of mine. He's Doug Ellin's childhood friend. The constant barrage of Andrew Klein's a loser was so much fun to listen to.

I'm guessing they'll be filming more shows in NY for next season. When they shot the finale this summer I missed a trip to the set by one day. Doug was at my beach club with another fraternity brother and he invited a few guys to watch them shoot that day's scenes. That was one of the few days I wasn't at the club.

I've said it many times but it is, without a doubt, one of the best shows on tv.

Chissler, we've got similar tastes so, when I remind you that the other current shows (not on at the moment) that can stand up to Entourage and should not be overlooked, Rescue Me and Californication, you should make sure you start watching them.

I didn't put the others in there because I know you're watching Prison Break and 24 (great show last night by the way).

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
David Duchovny is amazing in Californication and you can get caught up on Showtime ON DEMAND, Its a great show and Chissler if you like Entourage which I know you do then Californication is the show for you...When does Rescue Me return to TV?..I need my Denis Leary fix and soon.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

March 09 for Rescue Me

sorry for the sidetrack Chiss.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'll have to finally give Californication a shot. And Rescue Me, I've seen plenty of clips with it but still have never given it the time of day. I have so many shows that I currently like that my DVR is constantly at 85% or more. And it is a major pet peave of mine when it's backed up. The episode of 24 last night has been recorded and I'm hoping to get to it this week.

I'm jealous at the very thought of you getting to spend a day on the set of Entourage. If I were ever introduced to Kevin Dillon, he'd hate me because I'd be constantly asking him to give us a "Victory!" or just randomly curse for no reason.

What I love about Entourage is that it has actually stayed strong. There was a few moments this season when I began to question it's longevity.. but they'd be quickly squashed.

I'll issue a promise today that I'll make a concerted effort over the next few weeks to come down with something real good and wind up on the couch for a few days. And I'll spend those days taking on a few new shows. Californication is up first. lol

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

you won't be disappointed with californication or rescue me, I promise that. Added bonus, women seem to find both leads to be appealing, even if they are womanizing, drunken cads. thus, you get to watch male oriented shows without the nagging "can't we watch grey's anatomy instead" issue.

I'll do my best to get on the set and get a little vid of personal VICTORY for you.

I wasn't great friends with Doug in college, he wasn't in my fraternity but we hung out often. I last saw him 2 years ago but I can say this, he has a penchant for using names from his past and at least 2 or 3 times each season, specific dialogue has been lifted from conversations I was a party to. It makes it that much more fun for me.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Not to get off topic Chissler but Kevin Dillion would be great to hang out with..Did you happen to catch his character in Platoon?...Id like to see him more in movies..

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

did you ever see the remake of The Blob?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join