It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our "PERFECT" World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
According to the dictionary the definition of perfect is:
1 a: being entirely without fault or defect : flawless b: satisfying all requirements : accurate c: corresponding to an ideal standard or abstract concept.
www.merriam-webster.com...

In our minds we know there is nothing that is truly "PERFECT".
Yet it seems to be what we strive for most of all. We are bombarded every day with thousands of images and messages on how to make our lives more perfect.
The Perfect sexy body.
The perfectly decorated home.
How to land the perfect partner and have perfect sex.
How to raise perfectly well rounded and successful children.
How to land the perfect job.
How to dress perfectly and co-ordinate your wardrobe
How to perfectly balance all of the above, HOME , FAMILY and CAREER.
IT NEVER ENDS.

Perfection is like beauty. It's all in your perception.
What makes us see the flaws in everything, the negative, the "What's Missing?" or "What do I need to change to make this better?"
Is it in our DNA somewhere, our mindset, to always look for ways to be better, have better, or change things to make them closest to perfect as possible?
Or is it the fuel of society that has tapped into our brains begging us to be better consumers, and striking just the right cord so that we actually BELIEVE we must keep up with the Jones's or outdo them all together.
What is missing that keeps us from being happy, no matter how much we strive for and attain?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I tried to explain this to my sons GF's daughter the other day, it is like all mind stuff and lack of gratitude for what we have. When you get the house and the car and the dream woman in your bed, then you become instantly looking for more bigger better. The mind just endless with its creation of wants and desires, but once you get them they loose their meaning.

Like a magician's hat the desires just keep coming with no satisfaction other than the desires. Wheu! I sometimes wish life had been kinder and given me the richness and the kinds of things that would make me feel more comfortable in my surroundings, but then I stop, take a breath and count my many blessings.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yeah, perfection is just a word that applies to each persons perspective and each persons situation, wants and needs.

I try to accept things for what they are...good, bad & ugly. That acceptance is my perfection and it's constantly changing.

I look in the mirror and see a big nose, rough skin and bags under my eyes but the person smiling back at me is all the perfection I need.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would say its all about greed.

Gold is made to be your god, its only what you truly worship.

To be perfect, you need money... To be perfect, you have to earn more money, and slave yourself to great master, just to be perfect in your greed, and pleasures. But its not the enjoyment of achievements, what slaves you, but everything you have achieved in your past, thats really is your chains in present day... Your past, witch has turn from achievement to your routines, and standards.

To keep all that together, and achieve even more, that you get that addictive "perfect" feeling back, at least for a while... Thats really makes you a poor, and powerless slave of Bankers - Your Greed.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Gold is made to be your god, its only what you truly worship.

Naaaaa! I prefer silver.

Oh, and your signature obviously needs updating...

Originally posted by JanusFIN
"We should be able to entertain speculative views without feeling compelled to accept or reject them." - Henry Makow

[edit on 23/11/2008 by nerbot]

new topics

top topics

join