It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy's Littoral Combat Ship - opinions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Anybody have an opinion on this?

I personally think its a waste of money that would be better spent on purpose built mine warfare vessels and patrol vessels (of which the US Navy is sorely lacking in).

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

The LCV will be capable of mine warfare, antisubmarine, and patrol duties. They will be mission tailored with "packages". You are right on the mark by saying we do not have enough coastal patrol and mine warfare vessels. Those are not as sexy as aircraft carriers.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think anything the USA makes for the purpose keeping us safe from terrorists and terrorist activities is a good thing.

If there are also things we need, then the USA should be making those things as well.

I personally hate war, but as long as there are people trying to force their ways on the planet they should be stopped. As long as there are people who want to take from those who are defenseless, there will be war.

When Jesus comes to rule for a 1,000 years there will be no more war. Jesus will stop anyone from hurting the innocent. Jesus will stop trade as being a source of wealth. Jesus will not allow a banking industry during His reign. Jesus will stop anyone from human trafficking! Jesus will increase anything that is for the betterment of mankind! Jesus will do many things and prevent many things that are in life as we know it!

So, since we must do the only thing we can do for now, we need every device we can get to stop the terrorists!
When Jesus comes He will change everything and everybody!

new topics

join