It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are dreams an out of body experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Now i have this theory that stemed off of RUMI a muslim sufi.

When we sleep, our spirits are set free from the shackles off this body. they go to places in this or another realm. when they come back the brain translates the spirits adventures. This is why most dreaming happens during REM.

there is more to the actual theory, but i will gradually introduce the many aspects of it to anyone who is interested.

build off the theory , debunk it, whatever. i just want to hear your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yes i think thats totally true!

I believe ive been 'off' somewhere whilst dreaming, an OBE.
Ive definitely felt ive seen things off wordly whilst asleep, and sometimes i feel like im jolted back into my body.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

I believe that also,and I believe we visit many places,and many people,people we know and people we used to know,also think we see our guides in our dreams.

Theres times Ive had deja_vu whilst out and about and theres been strangers there at that time,,I think when that happens I might have already seen that stranger in a dream and that persons spirit knows but the person doesnt know but still looks at me.

We see strangers on a daily basis,,some look at us as if they know us,,,its the spirit that is recognizing us.

We dream of places and sometimes when we go somewhere we know that place,or can tell whats around the corner,even though we've never been there.

Some people can remember their dreams and some never do,,wonder why that is then?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

because the spirit is the subcincious mind, sometimes a connection etween the memories doesnt always happen, so the councious mind doesnt exactly register it

top topics

join