It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the best Vehicle for an extreme survival situation....?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
obviously , non of the new models.

cars with computers can be disabled, tracked, and stopped remotely.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Buy several world war 2 jeeps and make one good one.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
80 series cruiser setup with solar power, and a zero electric dirtbike on the back

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: anumohi
the best vehicle, is the one that isn't registered to you, that can go off road and has enough room for extra fuel and supplies while getting great gas mileage...a toyota 4x4 pickup perhaps?
just make sure you cover it in flat infrared absorbing paint and insulate the tailpipe and motor compartment thoroughly

and don't forget to unplug the brake and running lights

I agree. Extended cab, to store weapons/food/extra room to sleep.

I'd take a Geo tracker, or Suzuki samurai. Dead simple mechanically, easy to repair. Smaller and more fuel efficient than a Jeep, but still a manual transfer case. Again extremely fuel efficient.

We took off on an off-road trip, at 6a.m and got home 27hrs later. The land cruiser needed fuel twice. One of the Jeeps had mechanical problems, and another lost the alternator. We still had 1/4 tank. The samurai was running all 27hrs to winch and charge the Jeeps battery.

They have the ability to tow a small 4x4 or 4x8 utility trailer, teardrop camper trailer, or a motor cycle. Plenty of room for two +supplies. Being so small, they are easy to hide, and can get places most atv's can.

Geo tracker, Suzuki sidekick, Suzuki Vitara, grand Vitara, Geo tracker (2 and 4 door), & Suzuki samurai all share drive train parts, most share engines with Suzuki cars too.

So Suzuki 4x's tick all the boxes for me.

It's either that or a school bus with mechanical diesel for me, but I'd rather be a low key asset. Most see a compact 4x and figure you're not carrying enough supplies to bother with.

Just a thought. A lot big of diesel rigs can burn oil in a pinch. After all the other cars are dead and out of fuel, you could drain their oil, and transmissions for fuel. (along with any other heavy equipment that has hydraulics/fluid)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RFBurns
None of those will be of any use if there is no fuel to power them...ya?

Best vehicle...simple....it is alive and is very faithful and wont run out of gas or need gas and can get its fuel from just grazing...

..a HORSE.

Cheers!!!!
This...hands down.

2nd would be some type of bicycle.

You could cover a lot of ground quietly and it'd be easy to maintain.Flat tires would be a problem unless you had a tube repair kit and a hand pump for air.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join