It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Encounters : Alor & Pantar islands, Indonesia, 1959

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KembaraLangit

Ah, so THAT is what they were looking for?...

The rhinestones for their jumpsuits and their wigs. Then it is off to the Oakland Colleseum.

*Humms a few bars of Suspicious Minds*

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by searchforknowledge
Perhaps we may have here a case of a foreign government having people on the ground (dare I mention the CIA word or equivalent) who were heavily engaged in searching out communist activities across the region at that time [...] You need to remember around this time, the USA, the Brits and the Australians were very active in the region and most of their activities were not above board, and they would certainly be "aliens" to these islanders... just a thought..

Intriguing input searchforknowledge
I've thought of the same thing too but -so far- the only covert western intelligence/para-military operation in Indonesia, around the 1950's-1960's I've came to know is that in support of the PRRI Permesta insurrection, between 1957-1961. One which involved CIA 'trained' pilots such as the downed Allen Pope. But this 'black-ops' is only limited to the Sulawesi & Ambon area. Not all the way to Alor & Pantar, in the lesser Sunda area..

Nevertheless, I've yet to look more into the communist party's influence in the lesser Sunda area.So thank you for the idea.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by KembaraLangit]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by carlosox

That is most interesting carlosox
I've got some materials that I'm currently looking into about those sea borne UFOs..Where, if I may know, where you working at? Is it on an offshore oil platform in the Jawa sea? I wish I had known you sooner & could know more foreigners with keen eye & interest for UFOs working here in Indonesia, to talk with. Because, as you say it clearly, most people here (though not necessarily connected to them being a muslim) tend to think of such things as paranormal/supranatural phenomena. Thinking that they might be UFOs is actually considered ridicolous...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hi Kembara,

Thank you too much for sharing this amazing info with us. That is very good of u indeed. Especially, I am concerned with the USOs or Underwater UFO phenomena. Do you have any type of information or case history in relation to Unidentified Submerged Objects from the Sunda Strait etc. or Indonesia in general?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Greetings mate & thanks for the appreciation

So far I'm still looking at various data about these USOs..Some websites have these phenomena briefly discussed, such as in the waterufo & ufodna sites. Similar cases can also be found in the beta-ufo website under sightings, incase you are interested

Do you have any other links that I should check? I'll appreciate it a lot if you can give me such heads-up

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KembaraLangit

Excellent encounter case, I have not heard of this one. The retired Indonesian Air Force officer is a very good witness, and researcher. This case should not be tossed out, as there is much more that can be learned from it. Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Great thread - here's a recent article about the sightings and a shameless bump!

ALOR & PANTAR ISLANDS: STRANGE VISITORS IN 1959

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join