It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4000 Year Old UFO Found In Grand Canyon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
First of all, I did a preliminary search to see if a thread on this existed, and I couldn't find one. So I apologize if it has been mentioned.

Secondly, I don't know much about the site that posted this information, but I thought my fellow ATS'ers would appreciate it, regardless.

I read it, and while a lot of it sounds questionable to me, I would consider myself selfish to not share it.

So check out this article, and tell me what you think:

4000 Year Old UFO Found In Grand Canyon

Supposedly, this group of scientists discovered the UFO, did some carbon testing and said it crashed around 2000bc. I'll let you all read it, and share your thoughts...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Bah... okay, well.. I made my first ATS mistake. I searched under other words in the title and found 2 other threads that were written back in 2004. I'm sorry. I've been careful to avoid making this mistake and have done good so far. lol

Interesting nonetheless... I'll go read those threads now.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Could you perhaps link those threads?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I'm finding it a bit hard to believe, particularly this part:

According to reports filed by the scientific team, the spacecraft was lodged in limestone rubble at the base of the canyon not far from an area called Comanche Point.

I don't see how it could stay lodged in limestone for 4000 years, the amount of erosion over that time would be massive, nothing would be left.

Also the story contradicts itself:

A thorough inspection of the landing site revealed that the spacecraft's occupants left their ship and lived near it for a number of years after it crashed.
The finding proves the existence of a space alien colony on this planet nearly 3,500 years before Columbus!

The secret report said all traces of alien occupation disappeared within 50 years or so of the crash date. There is no indication of what might have happened to the extraterrestrials, the documents reveal.

Pretty poor effort really.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is an obvious fake. They mention they found Indian paintings of the aliens. Problem is there were no Indians in that area 4000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Seems legit...in fact!

www.youtube.com...

But before I allpiane appels and organge into one veletly mold, let me say this....wait, oh yea, the site in presentation is all off. I meany I dont wannt ot ojudge a book by its coivery,, just dyaugn.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey
Could you perhaps link those threads?

4000 yr old alien craft recovered from Grand Canyon! (Allegedly ...) (year 2004)

4000 Year Old UFO Found in Grand Canyon (year 2005)

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
This is an obvious fake. They mention they found Indian paintings of the aliens. Problem is there were no Indians in that area 4000 years ago.

I think that they are referring to the stuff that can be found here:
www.angelsofmars.it...
www.angelsofmars.it...

the only articles regarding this story, seem to be the one of the OP (BY LISA MERAKIS, reported by many sources) and this one. I couldn't find anything else so far

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Interesting, but I have some doubts... The article contradicts itself several times, like this obvious one:

The scientists [...] inspected the spherical craft
vs.

It measurers about 50 feet across at its widest point and it is 102 feet long.

How is this spherical at all?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Wow, you all actually decided to thread on it, despite my blunder. lol I feel redeemed. Fresh discussion and new evidence could perhaps be a good thing!

I personally didn't think it sounded plausible. And after reading the other thread(s), I'm even less inclined to believe it.

Just the carbon dating testing of it sounded fake to me. But regardless, I found a question regarding the article on yahoo answers and thought I should present it. Jebus how things have a way of recycling themselves...
lol

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

Ridiculous statement. Anasazi are just one type of people who have been known to inhabit the grand canyon, just not as permanent residents. The Havasupai are the permanent residents for at least 800 years, but before then there is absolute factual evidence of human habitation.

Whether it's a fake or not, I don't know. What do we have to judge but this report?

Sounds good but I don't really have an opinion of whether it's true or not. Not enough info.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
What really gets my goat reading such stuff is that in spite of it being an expedition consisting of scientists, members of a highly secret joint military task force on UFOs, etc, etc, etc there is NOTHING to back up their claims?

NO vids, NO stills, NO nothing!!!

They inspected the spherical craft and found it to be in good condition made of an unknown metallic substance and emits low levels of radiation, according to leaks from highly placed sources. It was immediately removed from the site and is now in a secret location.
-From the Ops link.

Oh yeah! It was top secret! I should've known. So no nothing! Duh! So what's new??

*Shrugs, shakes head and walks away to the bar*

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
NO vids, NO stills, NO nothing!!!

Yeah, not even an old Meier photograph pasted in just to give it more credability!

But on the flipside, I've seen worse. I think.

new topics

top topics

join