It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Does anyone remember the 70's news story about the "alien" discs found in Mexican caves?

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just glanced over the dropa stone's thread and remembered my mother telling me about a story that she read in the 70's about a room filled with disc like objects deep underground in some cave in Mexico. If anyone has any more details about this find it would be great?

PS-remember how the British special forces were caught spelunking in Mexico not to long ago? Could they have been searching for more alien items?




posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
i know of a number of these such things, could this be one or more of them?

www.viewzone.com...

skepdic.com...

www.encyclopedia.com...

images.google.com...

?



posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
i know of a number of these such things, could this be one or more of them?

www.viewzone.com...

skepdic.com...

www.encyclopedia.com...

images.google.com...

?





No, apparently the room was filled with objects beyond the technology of our times.



posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hmmm. Interesting... Glad you brought it up I certainly don't remember hearing about this.

Source 1

Source 2

Just google British in Mexican caves. I too would appreciate some more info about this. Anyone know anything more?



posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

Source 1

Source 2

Just google British in Mexican caves. I too would appreciate some more info about this. Anyone know anything more?


Reads like a ...Mission? military personal from different arms of the British defence establishment. You have to ask yourself: why does the Mexican President get involved over tourists in a cave, the cavers wave off help despite their predicament? Very interesting indeed.



posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotrice
I just glanced over the dropa stone's thread and remembered my mother telling me about a story that she read in the 70's about a room filled with disc like objects deep underground in some cave in Mexico. If anyone has any more details about this find it would be great?

PS-remember how the British special forces were caught spelunking in Mexico not to long ago? Could they have been searching for more alien items?


friend, she may have gotten that info from a book by Eric Von Daniken, maybe "gold of the Gods?"

I think that is where I read about it, but it had been so long ago...

perhaps I can dig something up.


seeker



posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
You are thinking of the "Dropa Stones"

The story goes that a cave was found with many graves in it at the Chinese\Tibetian border. Inside the graves were bodies of small humanoid beings that the explorers thought were misshapen human bodies. The skeletons had unusually large heads but small frail bodies.

Also in the cave were dozens of stone disks with undecipherable hieroglyphics on them, printed in dual lines of text spiraling in to the center from the outside.

After 2 decades of sitting on a museum shelf, someone finally deciphered the stones only to discover that they told a story about a group of extraterrestrials that crash landed on Earth and were mostly killed by terrified humans already living in the area.



A good story. Unfortunately, there is not one surviving Dropa stone left nor is there a single picture of them (at least publicly). There are many sites out there , including the link above, that show pictures of stone disks alongside the story , but the disks they show are are of the common variety found in China, called bi-disks.



__________EDIT_______________

I need to learn to read better.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Tiloke]



posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

Originally posted by hotrice
I just glanced over the dropa stone's thread and remembered my mother telling me about a story that she read in the 70's about a room filled with disc like objects deep underground in some cave in Mexico. If anyone has any more details about this find it would be great?

PS-remember how the British special forces were caught spelunking in Mexico not to long ago? Could they have been searching for more alien items?


friend, she may have gotten that info from a book by Eric Von Daniken, maybe "gold of the Gods?"

I think that is where I read about it, but it had been so long ago...

perhaps I can dig something up.


seeker


Well my mother used to read books by Eric Von Daniken, but she definitely remembers reading about the cave with discs in Mexico in a newspaper.



posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
You are thinking of the "Dropa Stones"

The story goes that a cave was found with many graves in it at the Chinese\Tibetian border. Inside the graves were bodies of small humanoid beings that the explorers thought were misshapen human bodies. The skeletons had unusually large heads but small frail bodies.

Also in the cave were dozens of stone disks with undecipherable hieroglyphics on them, printed in dual lines of text spiraling in to the center from the outside.

After 2 decades of sitting on a museum shelf, someone finally deciphered the stones only to discover that they told a story about a group of extraterrestrials that crash landed on Earth and were mostly killed by terrified humans already living in the area.



A good story. Unfortunately, there is not one surviving Dropa stone left nor is there a single picture of them (at least publicly). There are many sites out there , including the link above, that show pictures of stone disks alongside the story , but the disks they show are are of the common variety found in China, called bi-disks.



__________EDIT_______________

I need to learn to read better.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Tiloke]


The dropa stones made me remember the story my mom told me when I brought up the subject of UFO's.



posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
OK, I just called my mother to ask her about the room filled with discs in Mexico. She added that this room was discovered in Mexico City while a foundation for a new building was being excavated. There were many room found. Some with gold statues of animals and one "library" filled with discs on shelves.

What is interesting, is the location - Mexico City. Mexico City was built in an area that was graced with similar pyramids to those found in Egypt. No one knows who exactly built them...

If this news story was indeed true, remains of an ancient civilization or alien items could have been found.



posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
if its true why dont you show a picture or go there and get one
roll:



posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrice
What is interesting, is the location - Mexico City. Mexico City was built in an area that was graced with similar pyramids to those found in Egypt. No one knows who exactly built them...



Er, they do actually. Mexico City is built on the site of Technochtitlan, the Aztec capital. the Pyramids, which are of a completely different design to the one's in egypt, were built by the Aztecs.

But, that's not to discount any Alien involvement with them, as they have some interesting myths and legends. I just wanted to correct the above statement.



posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
We are coming soon, and we want our discs back.

UFO pilot

(lol)



posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Mmmmm potential Alien discs found in the 70's then a bit later compact disks are 'invented' by humans, could there be a link even a tenuous one?

There is a wide proliferation of pyramid like structures of differing types all over the world from different historical era's which makes one think there is a common link between the pyramids.
Now with these disks being discovered in Mexico City which was built on a pyramid site then it would seem that we may have found the link.

It would be very interesting to actually be able to see one of these disks and it would be good if the Mexico City officials would make some kind of statement about such finds although it is highly unlikely that either thing will occur.

Be they ancient tech or alien tech either way they are an important find and it would seem that like most important technological finds that they have been spirited away by some government or other and supressed, one day an average person will find something in their backyard and put it on public display for all to see this disabling anyone from supressing it.



posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Your question is about stone discs found in S-A. (Mexico). To my knowledge is there up till now, not any stone disc found in that area.


Stone (and other) discs were found in Tibet and China (Baian-Kara-Ula mountain area), half 20th Century.
Said to be found by Dr. Tsum Um Nui, who allegedly wrote up his findings an plubished them in a paper entitled "The Grooved Script Concerning Spaceships Which, as Recorded on the Discs, Landed on Earth 12,000 years ago".

Disc of Phaistos is from ancient Greek origin. clear picture: picasaweb.google.com...
info: www.ite.gr...

The Lolladoff plate (disc) is to be believed a hoax from somewhere in 70S.


Maybe you indeed do mean the Ica Stones, about which there is still doubt that ALL found stones are ancient ones. They show f.e. man & dinosures living together and ancient surgery.


Location related:

1. The Diquis Stones (Stone Balls Of Costa Rica) - (believed to be man-made)

xenophilius.files.wordpress.com...

[External Quote] Hundreds of stone balls have been documented in Costa Rica, ranging in size from a few centimeters to over two meters in diameter. Almost all of them are made of granodiorite, a hard, igneous stone. These objects are not natural in origin, unlike the stone balls in Jalisco, Mexico that were described in a 1965 National Geographic article. Rather, they are monolithic sculptures made by human hands. [/Quote]
source: jafproject.net...

(Some images carved on one ancient spheres corresponded to star-chart of constellations, said a researcher.)

Map & Stones: www.viewzone.com...
Mysterie Spheres: www.mysteryspheres.com...

2. Stone balls Piedras Bola, Jalisco, Mexico: they are formed by Nature like the boulders in New-Zealand.



posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke
 


Earlier this year the Chinese dropa stone story was shown on mainstream TV in the UK - they had video of the cave in which the stones were found, some stone fragments showing the grooves etc and other associated pictures and artifacts, and very interesting interviews with locals about the legends associated with the place. Hmmm - it is posssible I recorded it - will have a look....




top topics



 
5

log in

join