It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can someone help me with basics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have no idea how to post youtube videos or alternate media links here on ats, or anywhere else. i have VERY basic knowledge of computer functions and url, links, and such are entirely foreign to me!

if someone can spare the time to give me basic step be step instructions, i'd be very grateful. sounds ridiculous in this day and age, but i'm absolutely lost, like a two year old driving a car.
thanks for your time and whatever help any of you can give.

rachael.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

What you are looking for is someone to adopt you.

I am happy to help you with your questions.
Send me a U2U with what you can't figure out and I will try to assist you.

You tube videos: On the url of every youtube video page there is a list of numbers and letters after the "=" copy that, when you are creating your post and you want to embed that video, click on the "youtube" button just above your post box and paste there.

Does that make sense?

Edit: You can also find additional help on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/23/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
thanks, schroingers dog for your help. I tried u2u, but can't since under 20 posts.
through your advice, i found the url on you tube, but ( i am dense), have no idea how to copy or paste. copy to where? sorry, i'm computer iliterate.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hi orderedchaos, welcome.

Copying and pasting is fairly easy, when you get the knack of it. You use the mouse to highlight some text, by clicking and dragging while holding the left button. Then, when it's highlighted, you click on it with the right button and choose "copy" from the menu that pops up. You can then go to an editor or browser or anywhere else you would normally type, and click again with the right mouse button and choose "paste". This will move the text like you'd retyped it.

It's easy to do, but a little convoluted to explain. Suggestion: my local library has free basic computer classes, maybe yours does too? It can be 10 times faster to learn stuff in person rather than trying to follow a tutorial or book or something.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
He's right buddy,
A few hours of tutoring from somebody will be fairly cheap and get you past the beginners learning curve much faster than asking individual questions. It's worth a little bit of time. You will see fast results.
The dummies book of basic computer skills is pretty good too.
Good luck.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hey Order
you are not alone and i was very much the same as you lol So i made some threads that where step by step picture guides

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this thread exp;lains using pictures on how to do stuff,

If you have any issues let me know and im more than willing to make up a step by step picture guide if its not on the above thread,

Let me know! And ill walk you through,

top topics

join