It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you create a good argument to debunk Niburu/2012 stuff?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Common sense and scientific evidence doesn't seem to be enough to convince people that youtube videos on the subject are wrong. So how can I go about convincing them to be rational and getting them to admit the faults in their arguments for the existence of 2012 and Niburu? Something has to be done about all this misinformation that people are profiting over. I don't want to see any more people get scammed.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Firstly they must understand that if nibiru existed we would have seen the approach affects already, you can stress that point and also, everyone has their own opinion regarding things, so if they believe nibiru exists let them think so and imagine the look on their faces after 2012 and if they get scammed then its their fault, just leave with a warning.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wether or not this whole planet X BS is going to happen (if that isn't obvious) i can with almost 100% certainty tell wether or not it will be a good or a bad thing.........

24-12-2012 is going to be on a friday and what ass**** lets our calender end on a friday. If they had good intentions they would let the end of time begin on a monday morning pref. before 08:30. So i guess IF this is to happen don't expect any good thing coming from this.

But seriously....how many predictions have there been on here that never happened. The whole Blossom FOL story should have been a good indication of things to come. How can a brown dwarf enter our solar system within 3 years witout being detected. We're talking about a planet with about 15 to 75 times the mass of Jupiter. Does anybody have any idea how freaking big that is???

I guess people will buy just about anything and their will always be people taking advange of them.......i know you have to keep an open mind but believing this is just stupid!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So what
You starting a thread on a conspiracy forum to talk about the crazy conspiracy theory's out there?

What I have found while spending a lot of time reading and looking in to this subject. Is that there seems to be a definite effort in removing information from the web concerning this subject.

I am not trying to be arrogant in my approach. It's just I cant help but notice this, it's fairly obvious. I say this while giving a genuine effort not to biased on the information at hand.

Something is coming and its not good. The Government knows it. And they know when the masses find out what it is that's "coming" They are going to Pop!

That's why arrangements have been made all over the country in order to deal with massive amounts of terrified pissed off people.

And no I do not have any evidence for you sorry. It's just my opinion I'm entitled to it and I'm taking it.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I think its safe to say that you will never convince anybody of something they truely believe in, evidence or not. There will always be an argument for and against with the believers fiercely defending their side of it and skeptics alike.

I've read many books/articles on Mayan beliefs/culture and you can see why people believe there may be some kind of global catastrophe. To the general 'person on the street' all information available has to be taken on face value. The same could be said about almost anything. Unless you are able to clarify the information for yourself you have no choice but to read and interpret it in your own view.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
As far as Nibiru goes, maybe it's there; all the evidence to date indicates that it doesn't exist. That does not preclude the possibility of such a 'rogue' planet existing, it is a statement that the probability is so low it is ignored by most people. I seem to recall several times in our history that what was "known" to be impossible was demonstrated to have actually happened, and the reverse is just as true, that what was thought to be real, just wasn't so. Keeping that in mind, I'm ready and willing to change my present moment world-view when more information comes into view, pun intended.

The end date of the cycle of the Mayan calendar is 13.0.0.0.0 if I recall correctly (and I'm sure that here I would be corrected in short order). The number 13 is embedded in the consciousness of many people, and it starts a kind of fractal in some people, is my hypothesis, not that I'm going to write a paper on it. Just one more thought on this date I had recently is that the calendar becomes ineffective after that date, possibly due to knowledge of an event that alters the sky map.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
Firstly they must understand that if nibiru existed we would have seen the approach affects already, you can stress that point and also, everyone has their own opinion regarding things, so if they believe nibiru exists let them think so and imagine the look on their faces after 2012 and if they get scammed then its their fault, just leave with a warning.

www.kryon.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Belle

Thanks for the laugh.

A link won't convince me that Planet X is real. You'll have to get photographs of it... real photographs of it would do a better job at convincing me of its existence rather than with invisible math.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

So how can I go about convincing them to be rational and getting them to admit the faults in their arguments for the existence of 2012 and Niburu?

Hi Frankidealist, although I personally agree with you in that all this nibiru/2012 stuff is just ridiculous and false, I disagree with your approach on this matter. And many people, just like you take this unnecessary approach of attempting to debunk anything that doesn't agree with them.

The answer to your question is quite simply DON'T.

People will always believe things that may completely disagree with your own logic and common sense, but that doesn't mean that they're wrong and needed to be proven wrong and have no logic or common sense themselves.

The approach I personally take when I see people believing something I consider to be false is to AVOID it all together and focus my efforts elsewhere.

Whenever I see threads about nibiru/2012 and similar stuff that I disagree with, I don't go out of my way to convince others of MY beliefs or my version of my what makes sense and what doesn't. Maybe I'll express my own opinion on the matter but it ends there. I fail to see why you and others feel the need to force your own conclusions on others.

Sorry if I seem to make myself out to be a saint when it comes to this issue, because I have made this mistake once or twice in the past myself. Often attempting to do this only disrupts an open minded discussion that may have lead to something with far more substance that perhaps everybody could have agreed upon.

Peace all,

Majorion

[edit on 12/12/08 by Majorion]

new topics

top topics

join