It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 3 Helpers Guide!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Can someone please help me.

I dont want to complete the game (by completing project purity), but i heard this is the only way to be able to train to be able to wear Power Armour without having the downloadable extension pack.

I want to be able to wear the Power Armour, but I dont want to finish the game. Can someone help me out here.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
After you train with the power armor, just dont go into the jefferson memorial to finish the mission to end the game.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the quick reply QBSneak....also, I was having trouble being able to get down 'Murder Pass' (in Little Lamplight) so I could get into Vault 87.

Ive tried talking to both Joseph and McCreedy...Nothing, no option when talking to them that would let me choose to go down Murder Pass. Ive also talked to Princess and Sammy and did that whole 'nickname' thing, as well as the fungus deal with Lucy. Just wondering what else I have to do to be able to get into Murder Pass

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Adam West]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I dont remember, sorry. but I believe there is more than one way into the vault other than murder pass

[edit on 11-4-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hope so, but I know that the front entrance to it is blocked by rubble and whenever I try to get near it the radiation levels spike up exponentially (I got up to 10rads/sec before I turned back).

Also could you elaborate a little more on my previous post regarding Project Purity. I went to rivet city and talked to my 'dad'. He told me he was going somewhere and I said I wouldnt follow him just yet but he said to join up with me later on. I didnt want to go with him because I think (if I remember correctly) he was going to the Jefferson Memorial and I remember your post saying not to go there if I dont wish to finish the game.

Could you help me out on this one. How far can I take this quest before Im stuck and have to finish it off...I just want to do the Power Armour training (or even possibly get into the Citadel so I can get a quest from someone in their that will allow me to do the Power Armour training)

Thanks for your help so far by the way

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
going into the citadel and getting the power armor training doest finish the game.

THeres still a lot more to do. I believe the game is near the end when you get taken to the headquarters of the president guy. after entering the vault 87 i think and you get the device. Theres a friendly supermutant that gets the device for you due to high radiation. but on trying to leave, you get ambushed and taken to the presidents base (ravenrock) i think. Its not until after that that when you go to the jefforson memorial that the game finishes after doing a few things there.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
going into the citadel and getting the power armor training doest finish the game.

THeres still a lot more to do. I believe the game is near the end when you get taken to the headquarters of the president guy. after entering the vault 87 i think and you get the device. Theres a friendly supermutant that gets the device for you due to high radiation. but on trying to leave, you get ambushed and taken to the presidents base (ravenrock) i think. Its not until after that that when you go to the jefforson memorial that the game finishes after doing a few things there.

I know doing the power armour training or going into the citadel doesnt finish the game. Thats why I want to be able to do this. Its only that the only way I know how to be able to do this is by doing the project purity (which ultimately will end the game).

And about getting taken to this president guy....Im guessing this is during the Project Purity quest ? I dont mind going forth with the project purity quest as long as I dont complete it (thus finishing the game for me). How long am I able to go forth with this quest without getting stuck in it and having to finish it ?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The game ends in the Jefferson Memorial. So as long as you dont go in there, you're good to go.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hahahaha, alright fair enough. Ill just stay away from their I guess. Thanks for clearing that up

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Adam West

Greetings Adam West! Nice to see you are too enjoying this great game!
Sorry I was not here to directly answer your questions.. But looks like you got it all cleared up..

Now to say I did cover your question somewhere in this thread.. Its all here! You just have to be able to take the time to fully read all the posts..
The answers you seek are already set in stone.. hehe kinda a big thread so not sure off the top of my head what page...

But to answer you personally.. All you need to do to get the power armor without finishing the game.. Is get to the point where your dad is killed and you go back to the Main Brotherhood HQ.. Speak to the dudes about training in power armor and you will be all set to que up and finish all the other quests in the game... Have fun and best of luck to you!!!

I just started playing the game again...

Now there is one thing that bothers me in Megaton.. With Walter the Water processing plant guy..
Sometimes he kills himself by falling off a ledge and you can no longer turn in the scrap metal there...
Not sure what triggers his death..

Some games, Walter lasts the whole time.. But in this new game.. I turned in a couple Scrap metals.. And then he was gone.. Found his body however on ground level near the bomb you disarm..
Hmmmm

Anyone else have issues with Walter being dead and no longer able to turn in the scrap metal?

I know you can save your Scrap metal and turn it in at undercity...
But I liked the exp and caps you got from Walter.. But he is dead in my new game.. hehe DOH!!!

Whats your exp with this???

Oh yeah... Been gone for a couple months.. But is nice to be back for the weekend!

Peace out!
Zysin5

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
After you train with the power armor, just dont go into the jefferson memorial to finish the mission to end the game.

Just how do you do the power armor training?
It seems my next step is to go down into the Jefferson Memorial (in that main story anyway) but i have yet to train in the armor, I have it stashed at my megaton place but cant use it.

I also have a question about Mr Tenpenny, I dealt with the Hotel situation by being the diplomat, and get most to agree to let the gouls move in (had to force some too).
Well now Tenpenny is dead, (I know this because the goul in underworld gave me a list of peeps to kill, it said tenpenny is already dead) now I didn't kill him, i'm sure the gouls didn't, does this always happen?
Oh I also opened the security gate in the hotel basement, but I then killed all the feral gouls that came through so I don't think they killed him.

Anyone know why he died?

What a great game. I have borrowed it from a friend who's Xbox is broke, i'm just wondering how many times you guy's play through it, or do you keep one game going so you become almost godlike.

Added: Because i've only borrowed the game i'm taking the consequences of my mistakes, (like killing the vampires) I gained the doormans trust then killed him to rob his stuff, (I saw what happened to the parents and didn't know any wiser, I do now though), it then took me ages to kill the vamps at the low level I was at with limited ammo, but it turns out I could have been friendly with them, do they give you any missions?

Added again: The thing I love most about this game is that there is a story or idea behind everything, I just saw on that escaping as a baby vid, there is a sign outside the vault door saying "We're Dying A-holes" as if someone was sitting out there trying to get in, or my personal favorite thing I have found, the town bathtub at (Arefu? the bridge town) the bath tub is right behind the last building were no one obviously goes because you can't make it across the bridge, little touches like that make a great game better.
Some real care and attention to detail went into this game, and for the size of the wasteland it would have been so easy just to replicate so many things around the landscape but they didn't.

Has anyone noticed the missile silo's in the ground at Fort Bannister?
There is/was a house around it, but the house now has the biggest circular shaped space from ground to roof, just the walls are standing, I was thniking maybe this is were a nuke was launched from to cause this wasteland.
If you at the steps to go underground in the fort, this silo is further back/north in one of the wrecked houses. Check it out.

Also, can I get a doggy friend? I thought the animal perks would allow a dog or other to follow me around, they only stop them from attacking and helping me out if their in range.

ALSO: I have been wanting to get in the Megaton Armory since I began and it's still not open, how can I get in there?

I know there's a whole thread of info here, but I have read through most of it and not seen most of what i've asked here.
So all help is appreciated.

One last thing: If I go into Jefferson Memorial and complete the father mission, is that "credits roll, game over, have to start again"???

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

DOH! I went to the Memorial with Dad and got stuck trying to figure out what's next.......at level 9

Oh well, time to start over and do all the exploring and side quests before I head into DC. The 1st time I went right to DC at lvl 2 and was wonder why this game was so challenging on 'Easy' mode

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join