It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 3 Helpers Guide!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Add on to my post I ran out of room.... LOL..

AS I stated before in some of my posts above, and other posters said..
I want to dedicate this post to inventory space!!

You think your running out of space? You just cant carry all that stuff?

Well no worries!!! All you have to do is find a desk, or a container anywhere in the world.. Best bet would be to use your house in Megaton.. Or just find a dumpster somewhere and remember where it is..

Dump all your stuff in there, and when you go threw a zone, or go threw a dungeon place.. Fill up on everything!! travle back to your dumpster or locker and just drop EVERYTHING off there!! Besure that your drop zone is near a merchant or vendor.. This will make lugging all that stuff back to them that much eaiser!!!

So horde up everything you can get your hands on!! dump it off and head back out!! Max out your weight and head back.. repeat until your hearts desire!!!

And no need to sell everything you have right away at low levels!
Wait until your char. is a little higher, or you throw some points into barter skill! This way when you do sell all that junk and stuff you get as much as you can for it!!!
Now merchants will run out of Caps fast.. So be sure to run around to all the merchants! Use up their caps.. and be sure to barter for ammo and well needed spare parts of stimpacks.. What ever it is you might need!!

Keep this up and before you know it.. YOu will be extreamly rich!!!

It didnt take me long to earn over 25,000 bottle caps!! and tons and tons of ammo!!!!
Now anything I want.. I have it NP!!! I can buy up everything in a store!

And I tend to try to make my main vendor get tons of caps!

AS you can make your merchants rich too!!!
Just have them repair all your crappy stuff. and this way..
Like the crater supply shop in Megaton..

I make sure I have her up to atleast 4,000 caps before I start to buy and sell off her..
But be sure to use that up in the 1 week time..
Her cap level will go back to the set standard in 1 week.

From what I can tell if you raise their bottle cap income.. then each week their standard bottle cap pool will be raised!!!

This way you can sell them much more junk you wouldnt need!

But totally remember not to sell stuff like lawnmower blades, and stuff you can craft!!!
Just sell the junk.. LIke burntbooks, forks, plates.. ect ect!!!

Keep all that other stuff in your holding zone!! that way when you can make stuff you can use all that stuff to create your custom made stuff..

Plus keep your tin cans.. It can be used as ammo with the Rock it launcher!!!

Great fun on that one!!!

And save all those Pre-War books.. You can inturn sell them for I think 100 caps each in the LIbary.. to the brotherhood scribe!!!

Great money maker there!!!

So this was a bit of a repeat of what I said before.. But I thought it was worth rehashing here.. As this is the most important part of the game is understanding you can horde stuff!!!!

And just becasue you put something somewhere doesnt mean it will just go poof! And be gone.. Nope this game is smart and will remember what you put where!!
Even if you drop something, becasue you ran out of room.. Come on back when you have room in your inventory.. It will still be on the ground!!!

So get out there and become a pack rat!!!

Horde all that stuff up, and be like Sanford and son!!! HEHEH

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Head on over to canterbury commons if you want some réal business from the merchants.

The guy acting as mayor of the place can be persuaded to act as intermediary to have the caravans upgraded.

Nor only will you be able to sell more as they will be richer, their repair skill will soar to around 60. plus they'll have better stuff that just might be interesting.

You'll need about 6k bottlecaps I believe to upgrade all 4 upgradeable caravans.

*edit to add: all caravan leaders you speak to, will mark canterbury commons on your map if you talk about their caravans. :w:

I hope this helps

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Phatcat]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Update:

I just bought the game tonight and went to town on it for about 4 hours......very cool game....but also very overwhelming. So much stuff...so much space...so many places and wierd fiends to fight.

I got stranded out in the badlands with nothing but a knife.. having run out of bullets.....they didnt screw around on this game. It is one constant assault after another. I am still looking for any sign of friendlies...seems that everyone I run across wants to shoot me...lol. Also my guy may already be an alcoholic....hahaha.

Im not very far into the game yet but I am loving it so far...the elementary school was pretty crazy...also I ended up killing the dear leader before I broke out of the vault...I hope that doesnt come back to haunt me later but he tried to beat me with a baton and I smoked him.

I will update on my progress as soon as I make some new ground. So far worth every penny.

Oh yes...when I bought the game itself the guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted to cop one of the guide books they had on sale and I told him no need..I have the Zysin MEGATHREAD to get me through..

Thanks for the wealth of info dude...it will definitely come in handy.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Killing the leader of the vault does have an effect later on in the game but I believe its only how his daughter reacts to you.

After leaving the vault don't waste time exploring. Head directly to Megaton and go to the shop girl and help her with her survival guide quests. On her first couple of quests, one will take you to the supermart were you will find a lot of things to bring back and trade for ammo. looting the bodies of the guys you kill there and selling it to the shop girl will also help. Depending on your strength, take their armor too. Usually its worth 28 to 40 caps depending on the condition.

If you are wanting to play a good character don't kill the random friendly ghouls you find in the wasteland.

As for the not exploring too much......later in the game a mission will take you to the museum of history and the ghoul city. Once there, go to the medical office located in the back. On one of the beds you'll find a woman passed out. If you can get the Dr to wake her, she will give you a mission to help save her Rangers (Reily's Rangers). After completing that mission she will ask you to help map the wastelands and for every new place you discover she will pay you a large amount of caps. (2000 to 4000 for every 4 or 5 places found)

Reilys Ranger's Mission - best way to do this is to make sure you go slow and kill every super mutant on your way up to the roof where you find them. Once you start leading them back down through the building and elevator, best thing to do is rush ahead with the combat shotgun and kill the super mutants with a couple of well placed V.A.T.S. shots to the head of each. (takes about 2) that way they dont kill any of the Rangers and you complete the mission saving them all. once finished Reily will also offer you a choice of one of her members miniguns or Rangers combat armor.......I went with the Armor just because I wasn't a fan of using the mini gun. Plus as a good character every once and a while you will be ambushed by Talon Mercs trying to kill you. You can use their armor to repair yours to up to a total of 40 Def.
(in the hospital you will find a lot of stims and blood packs) if you have done the mission for the girl in the bar at megaton and rescued her brother and stayed friends with his captors (vampires) they will teach you a skill that will help very much. Instead of only gaining 1hp from blood packs, they will teach you to b able to get 20hp from them.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Speaking of the Wilderness Survival Guide, the molerats you have to test the repellant on do not have to be the ones from the place the map refers to. I recommend the Robco plant to 'harvest' those, much closer to Megaton.

If you're playing for good karma, you can have best of both worlds for the quest with the firebreathing ants.

First, just kill the guardian ants, like the doc wants you to do. Go back to the scientist, and get the ant-might perk (or the other one, but I think strenght is the best one personally)

After you receive the perk, head on back to the Queen's chamber and kill her.. this will give good karma (and will trigger 3-dog actually finding out what happened and not let him go on about 'the town has gone quiet' routine.

Just reckoned I'd mention it, first time I played the game I reckoned it was an evil thing to do to go back on the deal with mr brainiac, second time I was there I was playing evil and lost bad karma in the place.. thank the maker for autosaves!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As for the best weapon in the game.....

The Alien Blaster - travel to the, I believe its the MDPL-13 power station then head north, When your radiation counter starts going off its close. You'll find a crashed ufo with an alien laying dead next to it. Grab the blaster out of his hand and collect all the ammo before you get radiation sickness.

+ its the most powerful weapon in the game - 1 shot 1 kill at close range

- there is limited ammo (maybe 110 at the most) so use it wisely.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Sweet thanks for that tip!! Not even I have found the alien blaster!!!
But I remeber back in fallout 2 you would come across a square zone where you would find a downed shuttle from star trek!

And you had to fight many aliens in that game.. Ive yet to come across any aliens yet in my many games.. But thats what so great about this game, is that its soo freakin big that I can not cover all of it in the 3 weeks Ive had it!!!

Plus remember to save ur game well before beating the game.. THis game doesnt allow aftermath game play.. You see.. Well I dont want to spoil it for you guys who havent beaten it yet.. But just save it outside the water purifier!!!

Well this a short one today, not much else to add right now..
We have this guide pretty well laided out, and anyone fresh comming in has alot of reading to do.. So in another week or so I will add upon this guide!!!

hehe Reminds me of the wasteland s. guide..
Zy5

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I also have a list of where to find all the bobble heads.

Things I found useful

-Pay attention to the notes you get in the world. While small side quests won't show on the quests page in the data area of your pipboy, they are useful in finding unique weapons. I suggest playing the game with a pen and pad of paper at your side. That way you can write down small side quests that don't show in the pip boy and remember where to go and what you need to do to get there. One in particular is in the basement of springvale high school. There is an area there that needs to be cleared of rubble then apperently there is some sort of treasure/caps/weapons stash there.......I still haven't figured out how to clear the rubble but again its one of the little side quests that I would have completely forgot about if I hadn't written it down.

-plasma weapons you get from the combine are kick a$$.

-some places are hard to find but remember to get to most you will have to travel to them via the underground/subways

-One of the best weapons in the game for distance is the Lincon Repeater which you find in a glass case in the museum of history....DONT SELL IT.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

im not sure what the rubble looks like, but you do know that you can click down R3 (the right thumb analog stick) and pick up and move items.

again im not sure what the rubble looks like. so the R3 trick may not work.

I have the lincolns repeater. its at the house.

also i have the special lazer rifle that i got for completing the android quest. shoots out the green plasma blast.. im takin robots OUT!! uhhhhh

[edit on 12/8/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Cool, thanks!!! I know that apparently you have to blast some rock out of the way somewhere down there. Just have to figure out where.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
So what are the benefits to staying on the good side?

Seems no matter how many good deeds I try and do my guy jut wants to be an evil S.O.B.......it is now calling me a big shot even though I donate to the church's and I let that cyborg go free. I steal some rinky dink ammo and stimpacks and oh now Im evil.

What is the significant difference in the journey? I am tempted to just go straigh Apocalypse Now and just start killing everyone in Megaton and elsewhere and just succuming to the dark side once and for all.

Is this a wise move or no?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The only differences between good, evil and neutral are

-the end cut scene
-how people react to you

when good, guys from the Talon Mercs have a contract to kill you

when bad, Regulators have a contract to kill you

when neutral both will hunt you down

I found its way harder to play and maintain a neutral character.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Man this game is eating away my life....lol. I was up until 4am last night trying to scout out new spots on the map.

I just broke level 9 and managed to stay neutral. The crazy 1950's simulation in the far away labratory was a bit disturbing but really fun.

The fire ants sucked.

The cannibal family out west was wierd too. I knew something was up when the lady asked me if I wanted a "meat cookie"...hahaha.

My question please....how do I find this Elder chap that I need to see in order to get into the place down south where I learn to use power armor?

They wouldnt let me in, plus I got jumped by a gang of Talon mercs and had to beat feet.

You guys were right though...this is by far the best game I have ever played. I have become surgical with the sniper rifle.

Also when I leveled up last time I chose the blood and gore option, so now when I hit them with the combat shotgun close up it makes a real mess. I just got my first gatling gun but Im still learning to use it.

Excellent game and great advice about the hoarding, Im making stupid cash by selling junk.

af:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Try playing it out as Evil, remember all it does is change how the game ends and how some people react to you. You can always play from the beginning to play as a good character. If you are looking to be good now, remember to give purified water to the beggars outside of a few of the towns.

I know about 2 of them

1 is outside of Megaton
2 is outside of Rivet city

as for the benefits of good and bad

I found while good, people were more willing to do things/give things of course depending where you are. Some towns like paradise falls (slaver camp) will only deal with you if you are bad or neutral.

I don't think there is too much changing the game whether you are good or evil......its the journey that counts.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Oh and everyone feel free to add me to your friends list on Xbox live. My Xbox name is the same as my name here. Just remember to send me a message reminding me where I know you from.

Its fun to play against friends online as well as being able to give live/real time help to people when playing/stuck when I can.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yeah I always give the beggars purified water and i always donate to the church in each town. Plus I have done a lot of good deeds like find the boys dead father and kill the fire ants. I also tracked that butthole kid down who killed his parents and went with the vampires.

QBSneak...any idea where to find Elder Lyons so that I can get into the university to learn to use power armor?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You have to finish the Quest where you lead your father and his team to the Jefferson memorial. Once things are done there, you all end up at the Citidel (home of the Elder Lyons) Im not sure how far into the game you are yet so you may still have a ways to go.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Remember to help the kid return and stay in good with the vampires so you can learn to use blood packs for 25 hp instead of 1.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Right you have to get almost half way threw the game to use the power armor that you can only used when trained at the citidel!
Heres the order..

The saloon- You can either pay the scum 200 caps for the info.
Or you can lose a little karma, break into the back room, get the password and get on his computer and look under visitors! Bam tells you to go see 3 dog!

GNR- Meet 3 dog, after fighting tons of mutants and super mutants.
3 dog sends you out to fix the radio uplink.. Do that and he is going to send you to rivet city.

Rivet City- Meet up with the good doctor, Lui, and do her thing, find your dad at the water purifier at the Jefferson memorail.
Do all that stuff.. And help your dad repair the power systems and such.
The enclave will swoop on in, make some trouble, kill your dad..
Then you head to the citidel where you find safey!
And thats when you can use power armor..

(Be sure you can get your hands on all power armor and atleast stock it up back at your house in a locker for spare parts or to sell when fully repaired.. Earns you some good caps.
The Telsa armor is pretty cool looking too!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Right on man...thanks!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join