It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Obama supporters can now get their victory plate!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
But the thing you should be asking yourself is, what has obama done to deserve all this hero worship? Don't you find it the least bit alarming how people are acting like their under some kind of spell from a man that hasn't done one thing. As others have said, yes, he as much as I hate it is our president for the next four years, but if this is just a sample of how he's going to be treated we're going to be in serious trouble, if people are looking at him like he's a God now, what's it going to be like after four years?

reply to post by LittlePinky82

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I predict in 4 years he will either be exalted as "The One" or "The Antichrist." Unfortunately, most people will fail to see that he is just the average politician that talks the talk but fails to walk the walk.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Obama's plan to save the world:

Sell as much crap with his face on it. I dont recall ever seeing any other presidents face on anything, other then a history page or in archive of some sort.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Obama's plan to save the world:

Sell as much crap with his face on it. I dont recall ever seeing any other presidents face on anything, other then a history page or in archive of some sort.

Hey look, Bush got a coin and he can't even talk coherently.

They are called commemorative coins.

As you can see you can get anything on a freaking coin for a price

[edit on 23-11-2008 by davion]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts, but has anyone said, "Obamarobelia!"

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
Seriously, Obama is not even my main problem.

Please don't take this too personally, but...

What is your main problem? I mean, so what if people want to spend their hard-earned cash on a stupid plate or coin to hang on their wall with Obamateeth smiling out at them? How does that harm or bother you? How is it a problem for you?

I don't mean to pick on you (really), but this thread gave me the opportunity to unload on ALL the people who are so "bothered" and "problemized" by Obama's "followers".

Who gives a wild rat's butt? And why? Don't you have more important things to be bothered about? Is the rest of your life so perfect that your aunt's infatuation and JOY with our next president is the only thing that there is worth suffering over?

And I don't just mean the Obama followers. I mean ALL people who love Paris, Britney, NASCAR, Barbra, rap, Brad Pitt, football, Arnold and Obama! So what? Let them have some freaking romance, pleasure and joy in their lives without pissing all over it.

I am not saying ALL Obama supporters are ignorant or sheep, but most of them are.

Oh. Never mind.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You guys are seriously puckered up from eating so many sour grapes...but then again, that is what knuckl dragging losers do, isn't it?

Keep crying in your $5.0 a six-pack beer.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I was forced to watch this entire commercial for the first and, God-willing, only time yesterday while at a family member's house and I could not believe how long this infomercial/commercial was. I swear it's a 2 or 3 minute deal. Whew, I do not miss tv news in the least.

Obama is a brand; one his followers have been sold and have heartily bought. The buyers remorse will be interesting to witness in a few years. I expect to see lots of plates for sale on E-bay.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You know, these kinds of threads are really getting old.

I can't believe I'm going to even bother dignifying this drivel with a response, but just so you know I voted for Obama.

I do not think he's the messiah, he's just a man who has to eat, sleep, crap and die just like the rest of us. Do not paint me with your twisted, biased brush.

The reason I voted for him was not because I think he's going to be a panacea for all the world's problems, but I am sick to death of the Bush administration, and as far as I could see, McCain was just going to be Bush part deux. I might have voted for a third party, but I felt I would be just throwing my vote away.

I don't know that he'll fix what's wrong with this country. Hell, things could even be worse for all I know. Still, I'd rather take my chances than for sure have more of the same.

Great big
for the op.

[edit on 11/23/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My question... How many rednecks are going to buy that plate to shoot some skeet? Why do Americans collect plates anyway? At least collect something interesting.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes
I do not think he's the messiah, he's just a man who has to eat, sleep, crap and die just like the rest of us.

Please do not say he is not the messiah! That's blasphemy! Just have a nice little drink in an Obama Dixie cup and stare into the plates on the wall... You are getting peeeaceful... you are feeling hooopeful... You want chaaange...!

Repeat after me... O-ba-ma! O-ba-ma! o-ba-ma!

Now, listen to the song in my signature and everything will be aaalllll riiiight.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Cool song.

You have a very talented nephew, there

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Regarding all of the recently manufactured memorabilia.... I can see why this stuff is being manufactured, $$$$ of course. The fanatics will buy it all in droves and will pay in 4 easy monthly installments. I am still waiting for the Obama tree topper. It will soon replace the angel and the star.

It all just seems a little premature though. Obama's own camp has been trying to calm people down and has been trying to ease expectations in the midst of all of the hype. His inauguration is expected to bring anywhere from 1 to 5 million people to DC. H*** S*** I don't want to anywhere near DC. Now, we have plates and coins and god knows what else. Like it has been said before, aside from winning the election, he has not accomplished anything yet. I feel that there may be quite a few broken plates in the trash over the next several years. Or some new gifts to add to the White Elephant party.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ok, this guy is getting immortalized for having done nothing but speak coherently.

Yeah, but to be fair to the guy, that is a pretty big step up from the last guy.

Why is this so surprising though? Politics is just the same as any other kind of big money-spinning branch of show business? If his God hadn't have made him so fugly and klutzy, I'm pretty sure Bush's face would have appeared on tacky ornaments.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

external image

Wow, the RonPaulonauts and the McCcainucks are out of control as well!
Run for the hills, they are minting their own coin!

Plates, coins, who cares?

[edit on 23-11-2008 by clay2 baraka]

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the simple act of

collecting campaign buttons and autographs?

Greed dammit.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Just what's going to happen to those of us that are not drinking the obama kool-aid? Wait for it, next they'll want him up on Mt Rushmore.

Not as crazy as you might think.

Let the Kool Aid flow!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I am not making it up and again I say that it would be impossible for me to know the majority of Obama supporters. However, from those that I have spoken to, the reason they voted for him was "change."

reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Sorry, but that's not really the case (besides, you can blame or thank Bush, your choice
). I'm not an American but I like Obama because he's smart, cool-headed, knows what he's talking about, ran a brilliant campaign (the kind only smart people not found on redneck country are capable of.)
Then there's the superficial stuff like charisma, good looks, and classy but sharp humor.

So unlike McCain who ditched his well-venerated integrity by choosing an Alaskan bimbo to try to appeal to Hillary supporters in his desperate desire to be president. Country first? My ass.

Excuse me while I go barf.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Umm, I think I would know a little more about the people that I actually spoke to then you would...

You are correct, we can blame hatred for Bush for people willing to take a gamble on an unknown candidate.

Benevolent Heretic-

You asked why this bothers me. The answer is because it is being rammed down my throat whether I like it or not! I don't care what other people spend their money on but the sheer amount of "Obamaphinila" is sickening. I can't go ANYWHERE where he is not on the cover of 4 magazines, on 10% or more of all T-shirts, on 25% of cars in the form of bumper stickers.

I think that its funny there are Ron Paul and McCain coins, but I won't buy them.

Obama supporters do though and I just cannot fathom why. Let the man accomplish something first BEFORE you idolize him for crying out loud!

I also feel that I need to issue a disclaimer. Obama supporters on ATS are far more coherent and know the intricacies of the Obama plan in a MUCH higher ratio then the general public that I have spoken too. If you are coherent and can think for yourself and you voted for Obama, I respect that. My beef is with those that cannot answer political questions about him and answer, "I want change." when asked why they voted for him.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by LittlePinky82

I am not making it up and again I say that it would be impossible for me to know the majority of Obama supporters. However, from those that I have spoken to, the reason they voted for him was "change."

I am not a Reagan fanatic.

I think Ron Paul is great, but he is not my messiah, the chosen one, or a gift from god. Nor have I ever bought anything with his name on it.

All of this is besides the point of this thread and I would appreciate if you would not try to derail it any further.

This is about the "Idea" of Obama and his image. The fact that he is being portrayed as an American hero without doing anything of substance.

But yet it's okay for you to say that # about Obama supporters when you've admitted you don't know even half of them. Good grief. Like Ronald Reagan had any substance? Get real.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Originally posted by LittlePinky82
And if it was of someone you liked and admired you'd be buying the # too.
Hypocritical people are so annoying. Welcome to capitalism hon. # like this is sold every day. Only thing I have from the election is a bumper sticker and a tiny pin I got for free.

No, nice try but I don't have worshipful reactions to ANY politicians, including the ones I like. Just because your having fantasies about Obama doesn't mean anyone else does.
Welcome to reality, hon.

LOL if you know reality you would've asked me first if I "worshiped" anyone. Maybe you should come to reality before you accuse others. You don't know me so get over your holier than thou #. A communist would hardly worship Obama. Doy.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by LittlePinky82]

<< 1    3 >>

join