It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Obama supporters can now get their victory plate!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Now you can own a piece of history! Celebrate the victorious election of our 44th President of the United States, America's first African American Commander, with the commemorative plate from the American Historic Society™. The Historic Victory Plate™ is a priceless work of art featuring the triumphant President-Elect surrounded by the American flag and spectacular fireworks celebration. This first collectors issue plate celebrates with the inscription "Change Has Come" scripted in 22K Gold text. The back displays the seal of the American Historic Society and documents the historic electoral and popular vote totals on election day.

As seen on TV! That's right people! You can get your Messiah on a plate now for just $19.99!
If you listen to the monologue, you will hear descriptions like, "The day the world changed" and"confident smile and kind eyes." This is so historic! We MUST commemorate the most inexperienced, liberal, and radical president elect ever! Woo Hoo!

"Where can I get this?" You ask? Victoryplate.com, where else!

Ok, this guy is getting immortalized for having done nothing but speak coherently. He has not written a single piece of meaningful legislation as a senator and has in fact voted, "present" the majority of votes he has been present at. Amazing how this clown was elected with the mantra of "change," "hope," and "yes we can."

Excuse me while I go barf.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by SuperSecretSquirrel]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You can also get an "official" Obama Coin layered in 24K Gold

www.officialobamacoin.com...< br />
Only $9.95 YES YOU CAN!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
YES!I MUST have one of these coins to freeze this life changing moment in a time capsule that I can revisit over and over and get the sense of Awe that I feel now!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The sad part is that Obama's loyal legions of followers will snap this stuff up and make shrines with it.

I even saw the media proclaim that the new age of Camelot had arrived, except now they were going to call it Obamalot.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
LOL! I too saw that commercial and was squirming in my seat, to say the least.
Yuck! And I too thought the same thing......basically, what has this man done????????
The part about the "confident smile and kind eyes" is what drove it over the edge for me.

I saw tonight on the news how he's going to be posting his "thoughts" regularly over the internet. How creepy!!! Totally weird.

And he's on the cover of EVERY magazine. It's mind-numbing...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
The sad part is that Obama's loyal legions of followers will snap this stuff up and make shrines with it.

I even saw the media proclaim that the new age of Camelot had arrived, except now they were going to call it Obamalot.

And if it was of someone you liked and admired you'd be buying the # too.
Hypocritical people are so annoying. Welcome to capitalism hon. # like this is sold every day. Only thing I have from the election is a bumper sticker and a tiny pin I got for free.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
basically, what has this man done????????

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well according to his detractors he's done nothing but he's going to be the harbinger of the apocalypse. Man, the childishness on the board is nauseating lately.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Seriously, Obama is not even my main problem. Bad polititions come and go, and Bush and Obama are no exception. What gets me is his followers. How can you treat this guy like he is a gift from god?!?! Seriously! My aunt has a myspace account and on there she has an "I love Obama" app and is also "friends" with Obama! Only because she is family and I like her do I not question her about his policies to see how much she actually knows about him.

He should trademark his name and image so he gets a piece of all the exploitation going on in his name.

He has now become his own brand name.

At my college, he is as popular on T-shirts as POLO, NIKE, SKIN, FAMOUS STARS AND STRIPES, and any other popular brand.

I am not saying ALL Obama supporters are ignorant or sheep, but most of them are.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"..and if you order before midnight tonight, you'll get your very own commemorative matching set of dixie cups.
That's right.
We'll even throw in a four year supply of your favorite flavor of KoolAid.

Order now!"

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Regardless of my political standing, I find this highly humorous, and maybe even sickening.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
Seriously, Obama is not even my main problem. Bad polititions come and go, and Bush and Obama are no exception. What gets me is his followers. How can you treat this guy like he is a gift from god?!?! Seriously! My aunt has a myspace account and on there she has an "I love Obama" app and is also "friends" with Obama! Only because she is family and I like her do I not question her about his policies to see how much she actually knows about him.

He should trademark his name and image so he gets a piece of all the exploitation going on in his name.

He has now become his own brand name.

At my college, he is as popular on T-shirts as POLO, NIKE, SKIN, FAMOUS STARS AND STRIPES, and any other popular brand.

I am not saying ALL Obama supporters are ignorant or sheep, but most of them are.

So you know most of these supporters? I think not. And I don't see you saying the same # about republicans and Ronald Reagan supporters. They treat him the same way. Good grief. Let people have their emotions and feelings. It's all a part of being human. Nobody is asking you to join them. Good grief. It seems like you're just as obsessed as the "followers" are but in the opposite way.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by prototism

It would be humorous if it was a joke but these people are serious. Therefore, it is sickening.

Even though I am a ardent Ron Paul supporter, I would object to him being portrayed as a gift from god or as the chosen one.

Obama has done nothing to denounce his fanatical followers and that is one of the things that scares me most. He LIKES it. He THRIVES on it. He BELIEVES it.

This guy will be my next president whether I like it or not. (I don't) It just makes me sick.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

So you know most of these supporters? I think not. And I don't see you saying the same # about republicans and Ronald Reagan supporters. They treat him the same way. Good grief. Let people have their emotions and feelings. It's all a part of being human. Nobody is asking you to join them. Good grief. It seems like you're just as obsessed as the "followers" are but in the opposite way.

It would be impossible for me to know slightly over half the country that voted for this man so that question is absurd. I can only talk about people that I have actually spoken to. Let me tell you, most of his supporters buy the "change, hope, yes we can" bit hook line and sinker. I have spent many hours debating and enlightening persons on my campus and even in my own family.

I have found if you know what you are talking about and do it in a matter of fact way without derogatory remarks, most will be open and listen. However, I am but one man speaking and cannot possibly reach enough unless I had my own national radio show or hosted a news channel.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

IN any case, your thread and sarcasm is very very funny. I was laughing quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Just what's going to happen to those of us that are not drinking the obama kool-aid? Wait for it, next they'll want him up on Mt Rushmore.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by prototism

It would be humorous if it was a joke but these people are serious. Therefore, it is sickening.

Even though I am a ardent Ron Paul supporter, I would object to him being portrayed as a gift from god or as the chosen one.

Obama has done nothing to denounce his fanatical followers and that is one of the things that scares me most. He LIKES it. He THRIVES on it. He BELIEVES it.

This guy will be my next president whether I like it or not. (I don't) It just makes me sick.

I bet Ronald Reagan didn't make you sick though.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It would be impossible for me to know slightly over half the country that voted for this man so that question is absurd. I can only talk about people that I have actually spoken to. Let me tell you, most of his supporters buy the "change, hope, yes we can" bit hook line and sinker. I have spent many hours debating and enlightening persons on my campus and even in my own family.

I have found if you know what you are talking about and do it in a matter of fact way without derogatory remarks, most will be open and listen. However, I am but one man speaking and cannot possibly reach enough unless I had my own national radio show or hosted a news channel.

And for all I know you could be making it up so it means nothing to me since this is the internet and people can say whatever # they want. Again you said most of his supporters yet you just admitted you haven't talked to most of his supporters just the people you say you know. So stick with that instead of making up wild accusations of a person you've never even met before much less talked to about politics. And again were you saying this # over republicans and their fantasy # with Ronald Reagan? Somehow I doubt it or how about people here on ATS and Ron Paul? At least be consistent.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Just what's going to happen to those of us that are not drinking the obama kool-aid? Wait for it, next they'll want him up on Mt Rushmore.

What do you think happens with those of us who don't drink the Ron Paul or Ronald Reagan kool-aid? Again with the hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LittlePinky82

I am not making it up and again I say that it would be impossible for me to know the majority of Obama supporters. However, from those that I have spoken to, the reason they voted for him was "change."

I am not a Reagan fanatic.

I think Ron Paul is great, but he is not my messiah, the chosen one, or a gift from god. Nor have I ever bought anything with his name on it.

All of this is besides the point of this thread and I would appreciate if you would not try to derail it any further.

This is about the "Idea" of Obama and his image. The fact that he is being portrayed as an American hero without doing anything of substance.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittlePinky82
And if it was of someone you liked and admired you'd be buying the # too.
Hypocritical people are so annoying. Welcome to capitalism hon. # like this is sold every day. Only thing I have from the election is a bumper sticker and a tiny pin I got for free.

No, nice try but I don't have worshipful reactions to ANY politicians, including the ones I like. Just because your having fantasies about Obama doesn't mean anyone else does.
Welcome to reality, hon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join