It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Camera help!!!!Please!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hi BTS family..I have a Canon powershot SD630. I was going to post some pictures here on BTS but the pictures I have saved in folders are too big..Is there a setting on the camera that will make the pictures smaller, Im not too big on cameras and not familiar with pictures and their quality but I wont be able to post pictures because the upload center tells me the images are too big...Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Can't you resize the pictures in something like MS Office Picture Manager or a similar program??

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Don't change your camera unless you need more room. You can resize your pix from photobucket, or from your photo studio.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I could try to use that program.. During my transition to civilian life I lost the instructions to the camera and I was hoping that maybe somebody has a similiar camera, Im thinking there has to be a function to make the images smaller in size..I hope..

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What I think Im trying to do is have the pixel size smaller..my pictures are currently at 2816x2112

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
As another has noted, you can re size them in photobucket. I prefer the medium setting. Also, I set my camera from 7 MP to 6 MP to make more room on my SD card.

The large settings are only necessary if you want to blow them up huge.

Also, have you Googled for the your cameras manual? It may be floating around the internet, likely at the website of the maker of your camera.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Any of the popular photo editing programs:i.e. photoshop elements./jasc paintshop etc wil lallowyou to resize and save as ,jpg to reduce filesize

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I can see why you want to reduce the pixel size but i don't advise doing it on your camera. Why?
Because one day you will take a picture that you will be really proud of and you will want to print it out to display or show people.
You will kick yourself if you ever get that once in a lifetime shot but can't use it anywhere but the web.

The sizes that you need for the web, say 60-70 kb will not be large enough for a hard copy. you need approx 2-3 mb for a 10x8 inch print.

Try out this site as it has a few easy programs that you can use.

www.snapfiles.com...

[edit on 24-11-2008 by jon1]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thank you for the post. I found it very informative as did eveybody elses posts...I will take all the good information and do some tweaking.

top topics

join