It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what woke me up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was fourteen, and the subject was JFK. I'd seen the movie, and for a young teenager, the movie made me sick to my stomach.

up until that point, I'd spat back the same views as the adults around me-
ask what you can do for your country, and basically just do. no questions, don't think, period! If the president says so, then that's how it is.
My household was pretty much anti-liberal, anti-hippie, and anti- think- for-yourself.
After watching the movie, I read up on as much of the assassination as I could get my hands on. By seventeen, I had dezens of notebooks filled with notes, and with all of it, changed the way i looked at everything, my school, my surroundings, forever after that.

for me, once i realized the govt. was in business to make fools out of the public- I never looked at anyone or read any story the same- my vision had been compromised, almost to that of habitual pessimist, objectively.

it was like learning the truth of santa, only more cruel. i felt robbed as a child. now, with two children of my own, i'm saddened at them no doubt learning the same things; our congress are bought and bribed, the president is a puppet, and if you dare question them above a whisper you'll likely spend life behind bars and labeled as a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

i felt robbed as a child. now, with two children of my own, i'm saddened at them no doubt learning the same things

This may be a quite an assumption, but I would beg to differ...

From the sounds of it, you seem to be a very rational individual - especially since you took the time to "learn" for yourself and open your eyes...

Just guide them the best you can and ensure they are exposed to the truth - whatever YOU deem that to be...and I'm pretty sure you're gonna do a fine job of it...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The Government isn't entirely a fraud.

As I've learned there are people in the Government who want it to work and there are people in the Government that don't want it to work. This mindset you're in has been the result of us having had a failed President for the last 8 years.

Maybe you'll see that not all Presidents are bad throughout later periods in your life and you'll be able to see the truth that there are both good and evil people in the Government.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The problem isn't a good President or a bad President.

JFK was assassinated because he wanted change. He was a good President that had an idea to change Washington, much like our President-elect has said he wanted to do...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Eulogy

Are you saying that Obama will be assassinated?

I certainly hope he won't be assassinated once he learns about all the things our Government has been up to.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Maybe you'll see that not all Presidents are bad throughout later periods in your life and you'll be able to see the truth that there are both good and evil people in the Government.

The evil officials are the ones who have the most influence. When honest officials speak out, they are discredited/ridiculed (Cynthia McKinney) and killed (Paul Wellstone). Few Presidents resist the power elite. When one is disobedient enough to do such a thing, they are killed (John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson).

[edit on 22-11-2008 by LordCarpainter]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by Eulogy

Are you saying that Obama will be assassinated?

I certainly hope he won't be assassinated once he learns about all the things our Government has been up to.

Don't believe for a second that Obama is a real force for Change. He is controlled opposition. The proof is in who he's appointing. He has close ties to England, the Rockefellers, Freemasonry, Zbigniew Brzezinski, John Kerry, and the Council on Foreign Relations.

It is possible that he is being groomed for assassination. Benazir Bhutto was controlled opposition, but she was set up by her controllers (Power Elite) and taken out by a professional CIA/ISI hit team in order to destabilize Pakistan. The power elite knew that she was quite popular, and that her assassination would further advance their destabilize-as-a-pretext-to-deploy-troops agenda in Pakistan. This was the same motive for their failed Marriott Hotel Bombing attack. The planned target was a meeting of Pakistani civilian/military officials. Wiping out a large section of Pakistan's government would throw it into chaos, allowing them to deploy more troops to 'help the situation'.. but the place of the meeting was changed at the last minute, forcing the CIA/ISI perps to switch to plan B and attack the Marriott Hotel building. Because this wasn't their first intention, the attack was sloppy and they ended up crashing a truck full of military-grade explosives into the security barrier and failing to pick up the massive death toll that they had hoped for.

Now that you understand how the destabilization agenda is being run in Pakistan, it shouldn't be hard to understand why they might be grooming Obama for assassination. He has purposely been given to the people as a knight in shining armor, with the word 'Change' imprinted on his shining sword.. Now, what if he was to die? The 'left'/'anti-war'/opposition would not just be discouraged (See staged Election2004), but they would be completely demoralized and depressed. There would also be a significant "Black Vs. White" effect if he was assassinated. Divide&Conquer has always been part of the game, and Racism/Sexism have been key tools in bringing it about.

What if Barack Obama is being raised up as a hero on purpose, so that when he is killed by a planned, scheduled 'tragic assassination', the opposition will be demoralized? What if Obama is a PsyOp?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LordCarpainter

I don't think Obama was the bilderburg candidate they wanted. I think that Hillary was their candidate. I personally don't view Obama as a bilderburg candidate because I don't think he has the connections.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I don't think Obama was the bilderburg candidate they wanted. I think that Hillary was their candidate. I personally don't view Obama as a bilderburg candidate because I don't think he has the connections.

Here is a nice little post by a banned member but do not let that prevent you from reading his thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I agree whole-heartedly that not everyone in congress/ power is evil, though the ones who have the best interests at heart are ridiculed (ron paul) and the choices we're left with really aren't our choices at all. A loaded election; the elite back both players, so either way they win.

what makes me sad, and oh so angry is how long those corrupted powers have had their way. 45 years ago today JFK was killed, an example for the rest (?) and murmurs of conspiracy began forty years ago.
every year it seems more and more slowly awaken to the truth.

what hurts is knowing something has to be done by the people- not the govt. or congress- but not knowing what. we've been muscled by laws and leaders to the point of being prisoners allowed to roam around on a short leash.

ignorance is bliss for most people I know. A comfortable lie for my best friend, for her, is better than a angry truth. As much as I love her, always will, I'm no coward, same as the rest of you, the enlightened ones.
i prefer an inconvenient truth. let the liars be afraid and build bunkers to save their a**es. For all their affluence and connections, they're yellow at heart.

I believe there's many men with honor and integrity, in L.A., Boston, New York, Portland, Chicago, Seattle, just about everywhere, except D.C.
I think they're outlawed there.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton is Bilderberg. John McCain is CFR. Barack Obama's wife is CFR, he has close connections to Freemasonry, and he has many suspicious advisers (Zbigniew Brzezinski). He is also connected to John Kerry, the Jesuit-trained Freemason who played the part of 'opposition' in 2004's stage play.

I agree whole-heartedly that not everyone in congress/ power is evil, though the ones who have the best interests at heart are ridiculed (ron paul) and the choices we're left with really aren't our choices at all. A loaded election; the elite back both players, so either way they win.

Even Ron Paul is dishonest. He refuses to expose 9-11. In fact, he promotes the idea that Arabs attacked the United States on September 11. He is 'former' military, is a Freemason with a Masonic family (His father, wife, and two daughters are all Masons), and speaks at Georgetown University (The Jesuit fortress of Washington DC). In 1993 he wrote a book called "The Case For Gold" with Lewis Lehrman, a Zionist NeoCon and alleged Knight of Malta who served on PNAC's board of directors.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The truth about ron paul is disheartening.
not going by you word alone, I just cruised another thread and checked out the link on him ( can't remember where it was under, and I am clueless on how to link- no idea whatsoever) but heard him at some rally today, basically dishing up alterior motives as to why the attacks happened and why the attackers- arabic- did such a thing.

yes, i agree, he's definately not what he makes himself out to be- do any of them. politicians are bulls**t artists by trade, and sorry to admit, the one horse i was hoping on wasn't even a horse after all.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ron Paul is smart though. I like his views. I didn't know anything really about gold until I read his book.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eulogy
JFK was assassinated because he wanted change. He was a good President that had an idea to change Washington, much like our President-elect has said he wanted to do...

Yeah, but JFK's "change" was for the good. That's why he got knocked.

Wait until you see Obama's "change". People will wake up then...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Obama isn't bad. He's a liberal. I voted for him because I wanted a liberal change in the ideology of our country. I have had enough of the evangelical right.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You are seeing the problem as right vs left. When the issue is really about centralization and decentralization. Centralization means the elite hold all the power/control, and decentralization means the people have all the power and control.

Bush was all about centralizing the power and Obama is also all about centralizing power. All you are really voting on is which propaganda is used to gain more centralization.

If a politician is not in favor of centralization, they are meet with bias and ridicule in the media and elsewhere. How dare someone say government is not the best way to handle a problem!

I'm sorry to say that Obama is a continuation of the status quo. The change slogan is nothing new, it's also what Clinton ran on, and Bush also ran on being change in 2000(I'm not an insider he told people lol).

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I didn't listen to what he said about change. I just voted based on party lines and I would have voted Democrat anyways since I'm anti-war and usually Democratic candidates are more anti-War than Republican candidates are.

Obama really won't centralize power any more than Bush did. If one thinks that Obama is for centralizing power more than Bush I think they need to really reminiscence back on the last 8 years. I don't think you can generalize this ideology of big government or small government anymore. I see your point, but, I don't know how you can make judgments on Obama just yet.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

very intelligent post, people better wake up, protect Obama and stop falling for the corruption.

new topics

top topics

join