It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird phenomenen over London today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Jeez, chill prevenge, at least it isn't geeky.

Anyways, I'd never heard of a sun dog, but have seen halos etc. around the moon on those clear, cold nights. I guess they are moon dogs, perhaps that's what John Lennon was referring to all those years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fanthorpe
Jeez, chill prevenge, at least it isn't geeky.

//sigh// over your head...

-

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

And yours I guess!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by howmuchisthedoggy

London, Colorado? I do not believe there is such a place. Do you mean Durango? And that is a place, and not to be a soon extinct Dodge/Chrysler product.

errrr? What?

Anyhow, to clarify it is the original London, United Kingdom. Sheesh @@:

Glad to see ATS has progressed from concise analysis and discussion to this. Should have said it was a UFO maybe? That I was abducted by little grey aliens wearing Obama 08 supporter shirts who told me who shot JFK AND blew up the towers on 9/11? That may have garnered more attention and discussion. Maybe a few stars and flags for tabloid content.

Boo hiss membership of ATS. Be ashamed. Be very ashamed.....

Lol, imagine that - when you said London you actually meant.... London..
I thought that "m25" and "Dartmouth" would have clarified your location for some but obviously I was wrong. I believe the problem that's been brewing in ATS as of late is the fact that people are starting to think they're "experts" in the field now after reading up on certain topics a tad and are basically trigger happy to reply to a thread as soon as possible so they can be the first with the "answer".. meh.. what can you do ?

I was in London but didnt see this
next time I guess..

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
heres a link to wiki sun dog page describing a " sun dog ".

there is even pictures for those of us that need to " learn to read ".

did it look anything like those OP.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by pureevil81]

That has some really cool pics on it but this popped out at me and I gotta call BS on this idea below:

Nuremberg, Germany in 1561
On April 14 1561, the skies over Nuremberg, Germany were filled with a multitude of celestial objects that were observed by many people in the city. The objects were depicted five years later in the 1566 woodcut by Hans Glaser of the "1561 Nuremberg event", that is displayed to the left.[8] Several of the images resemble the types of phenomenon that occur as parhelia or halos.[9]

They're putting it down to sun dogs ? - even though the full story speaks of objects MOVING and FIGHTING each other. There was even a few crashes and a supposed victor which emerged. Lets not forget that they also saw that massive arrow shaped ship. We're supposed to believe this was a sundog ? ...meh.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ok last post from me

I would agree with the common consensus here that this was a sun dog, mainly due to the fact of the below:

Sundogs typically, but not exclusively, appear when the sun is low, e.g. at sunrise and sunset, and the atmosphere is filled with ice crystal forming cirrus clouds, but diamond dust and ice fog can also produce them.

Firstly it's Winter now in England so the sun is naturally low and on the 22nd/23rd we were expecting snow (which we got) so there was definately ice up there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join