It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason The South Pole Telescope Was Built!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And it has nothing to do with Nibiru or Planet X.

pole.uchicago.edu...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Huh?

I don't think anyone but a total nut would want to try to make a theory that relates to the SPT to this 2012 BS hoax.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't understand why you have started this thread.
What excactly is it that you want to tell us or discuss?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sebarud

Maybe he was making a point about how this 2012 stuff is all a hoax and he was creating this thread to prove how someone could easily make a hoax about something and attribute something's existence for other reasons.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sebarud

Well, there IS a conspiracy theory that says the SPT was secretlly designed and used for tracking the Brown Dwarf star, Nemesis, our Sun's binary companion. I thought this would put that to rest.

They're probably using an IRAS satellite to look for Nemesis.

www.redpro.com...

[edit on 11/22/2008 by MsSmartypants]

[edit on 11/22/2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Since they know brown dwarf stars exist, and they have pictures of them etc. Then I'm confused on why they wouldn't be able to see a binary star. For it to be a companion star, it would have to have a pull on gravity, and thus be the closest star/brown dwarf to us.

If you want to prove nibiru wrong, all you need to do is point out how fast it would have to be traveling to even be here in 2012. It takes Jupiter 12 years to go around the sun, so 6 years about just to travel from the earth to jupiter. It would either have to be already inside the solar system now(and it's effects) to be here by 2012, or traveling near the speed of light.

And of course, 2012 = mayans, Nibiru = summarians, cultures on 2 sides of the earth, and neither seems to mention the other. The 2012 date is just something they've attached onto it, and it is nothing but pure disinformation.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

So, it would have to already be in the solar system now, hmmm?

Well, take a look at these photographs.

tableofspindex.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why do people assume that a telescope as important as the one on the South Pole was to investigate this 2012 BS in the first place? All this BS just makes me sick. I just wish all this stuff would go away.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

yes it is unequiviably, sorry if my spelling is in correct, and it is! coming our way as it has always done, with no warning, that is what the sumarian texts say, with no warning, that is the part that we humans need to remember, with no warning, what ever it is whether it is niburu, planet X or whatever, it wizzes by with no warning, there are remnants all over this planet of past civilisations much more advanced than us. so people esp you debunker types please take a hike. this is a discussion board, not a de-bunker board. this site as i see it is about different people putting things forth and discussing them, not the terminal thing like the ozzy weatherman guy... it is all about a cheerful discussionj. cheers all.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Interesting thread, keep digging I would love to learn more. Seems very timely dont you think?

Can't wait for our Science minded people to discuss this...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Personally,that part about Nemesis was just thrown in there to rile people up a little...what I thought was interesting in an of it's self was the information on the South Pole Telescope and how it was being used to search for dark energy and dark matter. There are some who believe that those two are made up mathematical possibilities used to make a certain hypothesis "work"...but do not in fact exsist.

new topics

top topics

join