It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent UFO Laser Beams Camera Effect Proved!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Footage I took on mobile phone of distant street lighting at night. As you can clearly see, they also seem to fire red laser beams too!! Recent UFO footage is no more than this very common digital camera effect.

uk.youtube.com...

J

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If I'm thinking of the video you are thinking of, that video you posted doesn't do anything to "prove" the laser a hoax.

If anything, the hoax is someone using a laser-pointer on a model.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have several others which show white flashes too which I will post. The videos posted on The Sun Newspaper website (link below) clearly are just showing this camera effect as in my video of street lamps. As to the light source actually filmed I don't know, but more than likely chinese lanterns (slow moving, in formation and fades away).

www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 22-11-2008 by highlander2008]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by highlander2008

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if a certain brand of hardware is more susceptible to this artifact.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My phone is a pretty popular Nokia make, I guess many use the same hardware. No idea what the technical reason is behind it, but it seems a very common effect. I managed to get it in the first video I shot of the street lights as shown.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh, so you are just trying to debunk the Bristol UFO?

I think that has already been done.
I was trying to remember the thread with the laser that seemed to "search" the ground (probably debunked also)... But anyhow, this one shot a beam at the ground a few times, like how your video does, but then it sends a laser down and does a scan of the area.
Probably a BS video, as the camera man didn't run like hell when the laser passed just above his head.

By the way, I see a lot of videos dismissed under the possibility that they are nothing but Chinese lanterns. Yet most of the videos I see are objects that move in unison with one another. Just a thought.
I mean, I'm not going to convince anyone of anything and nobody is going to convince me that people are a part of a grand conspiracy across the globe to fool the masses with Chinese Lanterns equiped with remote controlled laser pointers.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Which video are you talking about? If it's the one taken on a cellphone as witnessed by reputable witnesses (police, etc), with the laser shooting down, it looks absolutely nothing like what you are posting.

Can you please tell us which one you are talking about?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I think THAT is the one I'm thinking of...

The flying triangle that shoots down a laser and does a grid search of the ground below.
If ANYTHING, it is a laser pointer on a model.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Which video are you talking about? If it's the one taken on a cellphone as witnessed by reputable witnesses (police, etc), with the laser shooting down, it looks absolutely nothing like what you are posting.

Can you please tell us which one you are talking about?

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

These two, Bristol and Manchester and there was also a couple of similar from Germany and I think Lithuania (don't have links to hand).
Not trying to debunk anything, just pointing out that mobile phone cameras commonly show red and white flashes from light sources taken against a dark background, and that my demonstration of this looks exactly like the videos mentioned. Based on this evidence, it is fairly reasonable to suppose it is the same effect appearing in the above videos also.

Do you have the link to the footage you mentioned?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just because someone is able to duplicate an effect doesn't mean the original is fake.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

By the way, I see a lot of videos dismissed under the possibility that they are nothing but Chinese lanterns. Yet most of the videos I see are objects that move in unison with one another. Just a thought.
I mean, I'm not going to convince anyone of anything and nobody is going to convince me that people are a part of a grand conspiracy across the globe to fool the masses with Chinese Lanterns equiped with remote controlled laser pointers.

I can't see your point here as Chinese Lanterns do exactly that...."move in unison" as a group of them floating just get driven by the same wind......there are many vidoes of real lanterns online which show them moving perfectly in unison, which is why they are being mistaken for lights attached to a larger unseen object.

There are many excellent unexplained videos appearing online of UFOs and many which aren't. Unless you attempt to weed these out then you get nowhere fast.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Just because someone is able to duplicate an effect doesn't mean the original is fake.

It isn't faked, I did not say that at all. I am just pointing out that it is highly likely it is a case of camera effect. None of the witnesses in the above videos actually saw the beams while watching, which immediately rang alarm bells.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by highlander2008

Thanks for the video, highlander2008!

It is always good to rule out the "normal" things before we spend more time trying to prove something that does not exist.

Could you post the model of your cell phone? Maybe we can get more members reproducing that effect with their cell phones (I do not have one, so I can not try it).

PS: Welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlander2008
It isn't faked, I did not say that at all. I am just pointing out that it is highly likely it is a case of camera effect. None of the witnesses in the above videos actually saw the beams while watching, which immediately rang alarm bells.

Two different effects IMO.

The UFO's were faked using software. The effect posted here happens "in camera" and is due to "CCD overload". It looks completely different to the fakes, and this is obvious to those of us who work with cameras.

Edit to add - it would help if I actually watched the footage the OP posted

The OP has faked this footage. It's nothing like real "CCD overload". An obvious fake...

Objects shooting "red beams"... please!

[edit on 23-11-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlander2008

Originally posted by interestedalways

Thanks for the clarification.

Sometimes I guess I see what I already think the person is seeing.

Could be camera effect. It is good to look into alternate possibilities, for sure!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Could you please explain which video do you say is fake? I got a bit confused.

Do you say that this video was faked? If yes, what do you think was made?

Or are you saying that the video from Bristol is a fake?

Or are you saying that both videos are fakes?

Sorry, when I get confused I really get confused.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Sorry ArMaP,

Being a bit sloppy today

All of the footage posted on this thread is fake.

Just taking the OP's fake footage (the others have already been discussed elswhere)...

Here's a cropped screen shot from the OP's footage:

Notice how parallel it is with the frame edges - suspicious IMO. Either that, or it's firing "at" the camera man - yeah right... lamp post with a grudge

Then there's the perspective problem. If the beam is firing towards you, keeping in mind lasers are supposed to be more or lees parallel beams of light, why does it not look like it's narrowing, the further away it gets? Sloppy work IMO

Here's a blow up of the object and "beam":

Notice the "anomaly" where the "beam" emerges from the object. It suddenly thinns. Sloppy work IMO.

Then there's the "laser" itself. As anyone who has used a laser knows, you can't see the beam unless there are substantial particulates in the air - ie smoke, dust, mist, fog.

Look at the other lights. When the air is not clear, you'd see halos and general haziness around the lights. You don't, so it's obvious the air is clear, and there are virtually no particulates in the air - ie, you wouldn't be able to see the beam under these conditions... if there was one.

To say this is a camera anomaly is laughable, and I know the other photographers on here will agree. It screams fake, just like all the other "object firing lasers" footage that has started cropping up does. "Laser beams firing" like this is one of the easiest things to fake, almost anyone could do it using photoshop etc, but to make a good job of it and make it look authentic, is actually quite hard, especially when the faker knows little or nothing about how lasers actually appear to look under various conditions.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Doesn't "CCD Overloads" make the beam effect all over the screen?

And not only go from the object in the middle of the screen and to just one direction, like down, as it is on this one?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
Doesn't "CCD Overloads" make the beam effect all over the screen?

And not only go from the object in the middle of the screen and to just one direction, like down, as it is on this one?

Not really... overloads can manifest in various ways, but the type I'm talking about here ("blooming" - which is the correct term for it) tends to be localized to areas close to the bright object, giving the impression of spikes:

That's what I thought the OP was talking about, but it's nothing like whats in the footage the OP posted. I'm 99.999% sure this footage is hoaxed.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
There is obviously some confusion here. The video you are examining above is my video and it is of nothing more than street lights in the village where I live!!As you can see red flashes sporadically appear from the points of light and are definitely caused by the camera. It IS camera anomaly, I did nothing with photoshop at all.....that file was actually down loaded to You Tube directly from my mobile phone!

I have about five other videos all showing the same, sometimes white streaks, sometimes red appear. No idea why I am not a camera expert, but they do.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by highlander2008]

[edit on 24-11-2008 by highlander2008]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join