It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cro-Magnon connection to the Gods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Greetings all,

If you'd care to skip to approximately 30 minutes into the following video:

www.youtube.com...://video.google.com/videosearch?q=history+of+the+worl&dur=3&emb=0

You'll hear a theory, fairly wild, IMO, but compelling nonetheless, that the superior cro-magnon man could be the model for the gods of ancient myth.

Does anyone have any thoughts or other links to suggest this might be the case or not?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Can you embed it properly? use the function supported by ATS?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
i tried the video's only 29:01 long ....... it must be a special theory if it appears after the video has finished

the matrix 4 bits funny

[edit on 22/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Curses!

The general message was that Cro-Magnon man was very tall, for the time, and had a larger brain than modern humans. Modern man, Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal man all coexisted for long periods of time, and that a world order of sorts may have arisen, with Cro-Magnon at the top, due to his superior brainpower.

This has lead to them being remembered as gods or giants in comparison to the relatively short (due to diet) humans and Neanderthals, as a sort of racial memory.

I think it probably has at least some merit. I suspect the dwarves of Norse mythology may well be a racial memory of Neanderthal man, as they were not portrayed as being exceptionally short, but stocky, and definitely of a different race to modern humans.

What do you all think?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
its possible

always found this kind of thinking the more rational

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
The general message was that Cro-Magnon man was very tall, for the time, and had a larger brain than modern humans. Modern man, Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal man all coexisted for long periods of time, and that a world order of sorts may have arisen, with Cro-Magnon at the top, due to his superior brainpower.

Since the neanderthal also technically had bigger brain capacity than sapiens, I guess that means survival of the dumbest?

I suspect the dwarves of Norse mythology may well be a racial memory of Neanderthal man, as they were not portrayed as being exceptionally short, but stocky, and definitely of a different race to modern humans.

I seriously doubt that: too much mythology involved... If anything the earliest dwarves where closer to middle-earths orcs than they where neanderthals. Plus I dont see why this specifically would stand out as a link to neanderthals... Where the cro-magnon trolls perhaps?

[edit on 23-11-2008 by merka]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

Since the neanderthal also technically had bigger brain capacity than sapiens, I guess that means survival of the dumbest?

If only brain size correlated with intelligence.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
jumping spiders exibit as high level of intellegence and planning ability at least on par with some small mammals and they dont even have an actual brain structure

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

well cromagnon were slightly more advanced than we think. after that archaeology proves an almost world flood pretty much wiped out civilization (whether genesis flood or not). that started the neolithic age (i think). This is the time Genesis and other sources say would have been when the fallen angels/aliens/gods whatever came down to earth. No matter what they did, they were consdered gods. So i would say that its not the actuall neo cromagnon that were gods but the fallen angels or whatever you want to call them. And these creatures were living during the time of cromagnon so they could be mistaken.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by iesus_freak
well cromagnon were slightly more advanced than we think. after that archaeology proves an almost world flood pretty much wiped out civilization (whether genesis flood or not).
well id love to see evidence of that

and it would be geology not archaeology

i have heard of ageological study that concluded a large flooding in the baltic that is suspected as the casue to spread basic farming skills out to the widr world as the early farming communties in that region got forced out by the water

but its no where near world flood or wiping out mankind just like global warming sea levels will rise but not cover the earth

that started the neolithic age (i think).
it was during the early neolithic not started it

This is the time Genesis and other sources say would have been when the fallen angels/aliens/gods whatever came down to earth.
its also suspected this could have been some of the reason for the flood stories that religeon co-opted so no need for gods aliens or unicrons unless you have some evidence

No matter what they did, they were consdered gods. So i would say that its not the actuall neo cromagnon that were gods but the fallen angels or whatever you want to call them. And these creatures were living during the time of cromagnon so they could be mistaken.

but you have yet to show they existed

im not saying your 100% wrong (personally i beleive you are but meah
) but theres a whole raft of plausable to work through before you even get into the supernatural

where as your just making the jump straight away

**edit** found a link en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 23/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Curses!

That's simply absurd.

There is no seperate species of human called "Cro-Magnon Man."

Cro Magnons were homo sapiens.

Harte

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
That's simply absurd.

Harte
how did i miss such a blinding flaw

ill blame it on trying to get the video working

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

That's simply absurd.

Harte
how did i miss such a blinding flaw

ill blame it on trying to get the video working

Noobfun,

I was wondering why it hadn't come up.

Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed!

Harte

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Noobfun,

I was wondering why it hadn't come up.

Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed!

Harte

thats the point you were

i was so busy arguing it on its merits i over looked such a blinding flaw that gave it no merit to begin with
for you my friend

i already sneaked ya a star when you first posted a reply

[edit on 24/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm not disputing that they were, but they had morphological differences with modern human beings, so it is still a valid cause for discussion.

[edit] Apparently they were most similar, physically, to the Finns.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by The Last Man on Earth]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
not its not a valid discussion if your using cro-magnon

why becasue they are us

we didnt live alongside them, we were them

anthropology.si.edu...

[edit on 25/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

That's not entirely accurate. While they were homo sapian sapians, they weren't exactly the same, they were known as Archaic Humans.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Actually, Cro Magnon are us, modern man, Homo Sapien Sapien.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Tayesin]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by noobfun

That's not entirely accurate. While they were homo sapian sapians, they weren't exactly the same, they were known as Archaic Humans.

Thank you.

I believe the Wiki article puts it best:

Cro-Magnon (pronounced /kroʊˈmæɡnən/, French [kʀomaɲɔ̃]) is one of the main types of Homo sapiens of the European Upper Paleolithic

Bolding is mine. They were not use, per se, but they were humans sapiens sapiens.

Morphologically they were not identical in the same way Eskimos are not identical to Ethiopians.

This is rather beside the point though, as I wish to discuss whether they could have been the blueprint for the Gods and their endevours, not the categorisation of the race.

They were tall, strong and intelligent, and displayed a high (relative to the time) level of technology.

I believe they could have been an inspiration for the gods, a racial memory, as it were, and this is what I would appreciate your opinions on.

Thanks, all.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Noobfun put me strait in a u2u about this exact point. So cheers for putting up the info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join