It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Not So Sure I Want Everyone To Know About UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was just watching a new episode of Unexplained Mysteries UFOS:The Best Evidence on the Bio.channel on which Edgar Mitchell talks very frankly and earnestly about UFOs and seems to indicate that disclosure could happen. I suddenly realized I wasn't so sure I wanted everyone in the world in on this. I kind of pride myself on knowing just about everything there is to know about the history of American Ufology and how it is related to different occurances in our society,...but if everyone knows then knowing all this stuff won't be special anymore and we ATSer's won't be an elite group of in-the-know intellectuals anymore.
It will no longer be our exclusive information.
It will be (shudder)...common knowledge.
Do you think it's too late to stop this disclosure stuff?

[edit on 11/22/2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Why should only ATS members be 'the ones in the know' Surely a true believer would want everyone to 'know the truth' should that be the case.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This understanding could remove alot of poeples pain. Why would you hope to keep it secret? Please examine this statment youve made. Have you no love?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just to clear up something:

There was no Edgar Cooper, if you are talking about Apollo astronauts. There was one Edgar Mitchell and one Gordon Gooper in the Apollo missions, though.

And you pride yourself of knowing all there is to know about... Oh, I see, you are only kidding, right?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yeah. The same dilemma that Copernicus had.

Galileo.

Darwin.

Freud.

This stuff gets out, and we are not only "not the center of the universe," and descended from apes, and not responsible for our own actions, now we'll be diminished even further.

The more you learn, the more you don't know.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

Well, that's what I thought too when Disclosure seemed like something that probably would never happen on an official governmental level. Perhaps a few scientists and astronauts would come forward but that would be all we would get. But hearing Mr. Mitchell speak on this subject even more matter of factly than he did on Karrang Radio made me realize Disclosure from our government is within the realm of possibilities. And quite frankly I like the smug feeling I get from 'knowing something you don't know'. It's ego, I know but...oh well.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It has taken us over 60 years (possibly longer) to get this far and we still have a long way to go yet... and you want us to stop disclosure?

The truth needs to come out, whatever it may be. It could be the most important and exciting 'discovery' ever. Look forward to it... welcome it.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by JH80]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Well, all I have to say about that is oops and thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Love is somthing that everyone can know. knowing how many ridges are on a checker peice on the other hand is trivial. Its not the "what" you should be chasing but the "why". There are many ways to express a single emotion. Building a boat... a house... growing a garden.... killing a man. These are all actions that come from a single source.

link   
Love is somthing that everyone can know. knowing how many ridges are on a checker peice on the other hand is trivial. Its not the "what" you should be chasing but the "why". There are many ways to express a single emotion. Building a boat... a house... growing a garden.... killing a man. These are all actions that come from a single source.

link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Fair enough! I think the 'knowing something you dont' ego thing is just a feature of human nature. I'd like to think that if anyone had the opportunity to finaly reveal the truth one way or another, they would take it and revel in it. I know i would!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Of course I have love and I was truly surprised at the emotional reaction I had when I realized our "secret" won't always be our secret. It will be a passing of an era when we were the ones who pushed forward to get the knowledge out to the world in the face of ridicule and persecution. But it was that important to us. It's the passing of the era and the effort coming to an end that really saddens me. It's the nostalgia,I guess.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Oh now MsSmarty,
I was a true believer loooong before I found ATS. No way should disclosure be stopped. That is the only way our world will ever get on the right track. (Using alien technologies and energy sources).

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
ATS the only ones in the know? Are you kidding me? I nearly fall of my chair when reading this, LMFAO...

What does ATS know about Alien life? know as in proven fact, not as in think to know? Show me one little shred of prove. The nearest we got was some microbiological life in asteroids/meteroids, and even that isn't proven. Plenty of evidence, but no proves. And if it were proven here, it would be everywhere else, besides the name this site is far from top secret. The only ones in the know...funny.

And if it were so, it would be pretty egoistic and ignorant, don't you try to avoid this here?

[edit on 22.11.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
I suddenly realized I wasn't so sure I wanted everyone in the world in on this.

Wow....I thought the illuminati were the most selfish. Sounds like you are perfect recruiting material.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

What the hell did you just say...? Please explain - or I won't sleep tonight...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I wonder whether MsSmartypants is feeling something similar to the way the guys that are withholding the truth are feeling.

They can't have it, itssss my precious.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think it's fabulous that disclosure is coming. Also, part of me will be tickled to say the 'I told you so's'-- a bit of ego coming out.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Get off your high horse.

You, like me, do not know everything. You, like me, don't even know a trillionth of a percent of all there is to know, of any subject.

Your so called knowledge is purely theoretical conjecture, and not fact.

ATS as a whole is no different. We are not elite. Few of us are true intellectuals, myself included. We are all conspiracy theorists, on varying levels of believability, and credibility. Some of us, myself not included, are just downright paranoid and ridiculous.

That being said, everybody has the right to the alleged "disclosure". Otherwise, you, and people who agree with you, would become exactly like the groups you despise. That's called hypocrisy.

Did you even bother to think about that, or is it all about yourself?

[edit on 11/22/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JH80

Please accept that this thread may be a bit tongue in cheek. Disclosure is probably inevitable and will enrich our human experiance...and that's how I REALLY feel.

www.faxonwashington.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join