It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving the USA

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Leaving the USA

It's easy. Done it many times myself. Over 200 nation states to choose from, some even have an open election for government (called "democracy"), unlike the US. There is no need to look back.

Good luck Skadi!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
it wouldn't be because my rights have been diminished. I'd probably leave over quality of life issues. (which freedom is, too.)

The only reason I would emigrate is if I won a moderately large lottery prize. Here, $250K would basically just pay off my debts for the bunker and my haunted castle. In the 3rd world, you can live like a king with that money. spend 15k a year and live in a penthouse, eat out, go see every movie (something too expensive in US!)

I've traveled a lot in central/south America, and in the Middle East. In most of those places, you'll find expat Europeans, Canadians, Americans doing the same thing. No ridiculous income tax. No property tax. (bribes, though)

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
One getaway idea would be to stow away on a cruise ship to the Fiji Islands!

Or get a 1 way ticket to Austrailia!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I wont be going anywhere. Old rangers die hard, and there are plenty of mountain ranges with woods. I like the trees. And I will drag my family along with me. It will be ugly, and I don't delude myself with thoughts of winning. Just avoiding the mark of the beast, and waiting for the last trumpet. That is where my hope is.

Amen. Come quicly, Lord Jesus.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Are there any countries which openly accept foreigners to live in their country??

Im truly curious. thx

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Text Blue I strongly belive in fighting for freedom but i have tought about leaveing for my kids. Cuz i dont belive we will come out from behind our computers till the ...... hits the fan . And then it could be to late can you see it civil war again. I know my freinds and i can see it i will fight if it come down to it . I want to stand up and scream now but i will not be heard any ways. And my vote mean crap now days don't matter who you vote for we are screwed either way .

df1

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I'm told that Guns will be of little use against the superior, almost magical technology...

The Afghans defeated the soviets and are holding their own against the US despite being vastly over matched by technological weaponry. Often times fighting with the most primitive weapons, bringing down choppers with grappling hooks and rocks. It comes down to refusing to surrender.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
ladies and gentleman, i give you paranoia run rampant.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
An outsider looking in.....

There's been a coupla favourable comments about Australia as a place to live. Sure, it's a great country & I don't fancy living anywhere else. But remember, John the Weasel Howard's in Bush's back pocket, & he could even be voted back in November, same as Dubya,

Also they took all our guns away, yep, you heared right. No drop in crime or killings natch - crims can ALWAYS get guns. I near wept with envy at TexasConxpiracyNut's list of weapons!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
trying to fight back now is like quitting smoking on your death bed. it's too late and it's not gonna do any good. personally if anything happens and they try to put off the election i would seriously consider leaving the country. just wondering what would be the final straw for everyone else. perhaps if they demanded everyone turn in their weapons.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Braatz

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Guess you are off to Canada then. Take some warm clothes...

Whoa buddy, Canada is way ahead of you guys on the police state front. Almost all our guns are registered, and we are just waiting for the right time to incorporate intot he security perimeter. Go to New Zealand or Australia or even Siberia.

yea canada is a police state.......any armed government official wears body armor..........you dont see that everywhere

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've been browsing this thread and I've got to say, I'm astonished by the misconceptions people have about Canada.

Even my family, who lives in Arizona, about think we live in igloos and gnaw on blubber all day.

Canada is the nicest country I've ever had the pleasure of visiting, and I've been all over the world. ALL of Europe, some of the North African region, Mexico, etc.

Everyone here is far more united than the US ever is, or will be. Yes there's your standard racism and such, but nowhere NEAR what it is in the states.

In all my time here I've never heard a peep about political corruption to the degree of what happens in the US.

I have never been happier. AND I live in Quebec, home of the French Canadians. The only reason people don't like them is because they equate the French Canadian with the seperatist. If you took the time to get to know some of them you'd find that they think the seperatists are the biggest retards there could ever be.

Yes, Canada is saturated with American culture.... But so what? It's not American culture that's bad, it's the way America is being RUN that's bad. I could care less if there's WalMarts and McDonalds here.

Canadians also have no fear of losing their identity. There are sooo many things that makes Canada great. Hockey, The Red Green Show, Tim Horton's, Jim Carrey, Bryan Adams.....

Canada is the greatest country I've ever lived in, and the misconceptions about us only show how little they actually teach Americans. In highschool (when I lived in the States) we NEVER learned ANYTHING about Canada. EVER.....

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sure come to Canada, but you can run but can't hide.

You think things are perfect up here, think again. This is spreading like a disease. We Canadians are blind. I love my country too, but I see the writing on the wall.
Its time for Canadians start waking up. Never forget how much untapped natural recourse we have here.

Hey TheHeggy, thanks for the compliments, I'm just fearful what happening your country is beginning to happen here. In the past we use to look up to the US, much our constitution is base on the US. Damn it�s sick what has happened to your country. I still believe there is hope for America..

CookieMonster000, Canada is not a police state.... yet. Police officers wearing kevlar, its just prectical and smart.

[edit on C:Wedocu08e8 by Opus]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
NWO stands for "New World Order" right?

Well, if you leave the US...you're still technically in the "world" right? So the only logical choice to move to is the moon

Or do people really think that the US would be the only country to fall to the NWO? If anything, it'll probably be one of the last. Big country, lots of people, lots of guns.
Three choices:
1. You move to a country where there already was a fight. War torn. Little resources.
2. You stay and fight.
3. You move somewhere and wait til the fight comes to you.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You can run and hide but you cannot truly get away unless you totally leave civilization behind. You are not a man unless you stand up for what you believe even if it means dying for. That goes double for those of you with kids. People that run only get shot in the back. We have the numbers not them. When enough people stand up what do they have?

If you decide to leave it all behind I know the perfect spot. South of Juneau, Alaska there are thousands of caves that are far enough underground that the air temperature stays a constant 56 degrees year round. There are springs all over the place so you can have good drinking water even if the above ground water becomes contaminated with nuclear fallout. There are plenty of trees for building and fire. There is an abundance of animals for food and clothing plus salmon runs that can be utilized for food stock in the winter. Population density is almost nill.

At this point in time since the real shooting has yet to start you need to become politically active. Let your representatives know that you know and care how they vote. The only reason things have gotten the way they are is because most of us are passive about politics. We vote once every 4 years and then bitch the rest of the time and do nothing. Your representatives are an e-mail away.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Diamond
[ I want to stand up and scream now but i will not be heard any ways. And my vote mean crap now days don't matter who you vote for we are screwed either way .

I agree with you. I hate to sound "doom and gloom", but I believe that both sides of the political party are corrupt and don't care for the well-being of the American people. We are nothing to them; we mean nothing to them. They are playing a "philisophical" type of game of life and we are low on the totem pole. We are below dirt to them if we can't produce anything they need or that will benefit them. May sound harsh, but it is reality. It's all about power and greed. Our Vote = our vote doesn't mean dittlie cr*p. People are so illusioned into thinking that they can make a difference. They want us to be in this illusion that "we matter" so they can maintain control over the American people. I know it sounds depressing but it is true. You can't place your hope in human beings. There is some real common sense in the Bible. The bible tries to teach people not to live too comfortable of lives; not to become wrapped up in the world, etc.; you will become a part of the illusion and totally be blind-sided by the truth when it finally comes out. The truth will come out, it always does. People miss all the common sense of the bible because of religion and control. I apologize for using the "r" word to this posting, or mention the "Bible" - to those of you who will bash Christianity, the Bible, religion, etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Incite is right. Damn it wake the F**K up!!! The old frog in a pot of boiling water routine. If we are aware of this we can protect our selves. TVs are now in schools, tuition fee going up and incresing mind numbing pabulum US influenced media just to name a few. Once again NATURAL RESOURSES.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sounds to me like most of you have already started to dig your own grave before you have even started to fight. Most americans have become pathetic and lazy. They do not want to take the time and or effort to make changes. Most would rather just run away instead of fighting for what they belive in. Run away the rest of us do not need you. Every living thing on this planet has to fight for what it needs and wants to survive. It has always been that way. The ones that do not fight for what they want do not get want they want.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
It has always been that way. The ones that do not fight for what they want do not get want they want.

Oh, I won't run away, and neither will my family. I believe in staying and fighting for our freedom. We will probably die, but I would rather fight than run away. I just don't believe we can do it through votes, etc. anymore. Our leaders, both parties are too corrupt. I believe in what every single soldier went to battle lines for. They didn't do it for our government, they did it for freedom and the right to fight for freedom. I honestly don't think it will do any good to run away to a different country either because if there is going to be (which there will be) a new world order - hence the word "world", it won't matter where you are. We are still nothing and will always be nothing to those in power of this world. The best we can do is fight with honor and dignity and for what we believe in and we will die in honor and dignity and for what we believe in. That makes us great people, unlike the idiots that think they can run the world - they will just destroy it in their greed.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My American friends, Vote for Ralph Nader. I saw him I CPAC speaking to some Canadian Univeritiy, the man rocks . Dont forget he wrote the book Unsafe At Any Speeds . How many lives do you think he saved with that book. He gives a #. I still believe there is hope for the good old US of A.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join