It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving the USA

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I wished I had the finnacial wherewithall to just pull up stakes and MOVE to AlaskaI dont know what I CAN do?.....its not like I have alot of choices.....

Well
A. Alaska is still America.
B. You could go out and get another job to pay for Alaska instead of coming here and posting in rAndOm caps and these things ".............."

Its not like your are eating out of a garbage can.

Side note. Im leaving America but for the State Department.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
This is my home and I have no intentions of leaving. I love my home and will fight for it.

enough said. i will die for this country! where else can walk around and not have to worry about being pulled into some van and wisked away to be toutured and esecuted? where else can you tell the government to piss off and not have to worry about it.my only beef is the drinking laws. im in the military but i cant drink yet. although i have had a few sips and am not terribly impressed.

sorry seekerof

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar

Why is everyone heading to Canada?

i will never go to canada. way to many french people there. heck a french provience in north america is too much. canadians dont even like french canadians.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Guess you are off to Canada then. Take some warm clothes...

It's not too cold up here... depending on where you go. There are some places in Ontario that are considerably warmer than the American northwest. There's also Vancouver, if you don't mind the rain and are more Liberal-leaning.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
canadians dont even like french canadians.

Which Canadians? I like French Canadians... I like some French Canadian women very much. Have you never seen Mitsou?

On a more serious note, some of my best friends are French Canadian. They have the best food and make the best jokes of just about anyone in Canada. Anyone who could invent Tortiere is allright in my books.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Calgary is frankly the ONLY city for hundreds of miles around, and so has to look south for influences.

Ummmmm.... I don't know whether to feel insulted or astonished.

We here in Edmonton are a scant 300 Km north of Calgary along Highway 2, and we are, you know, the Capitol of the Province O.o

Also, there's Red Deer, which is halfway between Edmonton and Calgary and boasts an internationally renowned School for the Performing Arts...

And then there's Banff, an Internationalist city if ever there was one... and Jasper, far more nature-loving than Banff, but still a very modern and sophisticated town. Not to mention the hundreds of other great cities and towns in Alberta I'm probably insulting by not listing here.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yup, that makes sense. Run. Run where? Do you think this is a U.S. problem? Nope, we are just one of many countries that will be ruled by the NWO. So you are going to run - where?

When you go, though, take some of your equally cowardly friends as, if and when the time comes that the worst actually happens, you'll only be in the way, or worse, will turn in order to save yourselves!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Does anyone have any idea how far away a possible NWO takeover is? I want to know should I expect it to happen in my lifetime or will it happen after that?

A timeline of some sorts....

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My opinion? Sure, I believe that it could happen in your lifetime. As a matter of fact, all is necessary is for society to cherish security over freedom, and the right set of circumstances to occur, and it's there.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Japan has passed a bill that protects citizens of countries that issue internments and various stuff like that, look it up.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

That comment was just ignorant.

It's probably warmer where I live than most parts of the US.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite
I lived in Calgary for a year and although I was still too dumb to realise the implications, I saw Canadian people (out west at least) rapidly assimilating to US cultural values. Why do most people live on the border? No offense was meant by this, but I feel Canadians will soon be fighting for their identity.

While I do see that the premieres of both BC and Alberta have done some serious American butt kissing, I've also seen them go up against your mighty power and win. The most recent example being the NAFTA war with the US on Canadian softwood lumber. In fact, it was originally our federal government who was afraid to go up against you.

I think the tides are beginning to change with the butt kissing cuz they've pissed us off a bit now.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
There's also Vancouver, if you don't mind the rain and are more Liberal-leaning.

Haven't you heard? We're getting off the Liberal bandwagon now

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessedUpAnnie

That comment was just ignorant.

It's probably warmer where I live than most parts of the US.

and then this offended person speaks of vancouver as if they were from there....oh please, it is not warmer there than maybe i dont know, some of our colder states lols.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Im leaving the US, perhaps for good, this wednsday, the 26th. Going over to Yorkshire. At least its like seattle: cold, damp, wet, and rainy: a good thing.

But, Like I said, Im not leaving the USD for political reasons. Ill miss alot of things about America.

However, I wont miss my fellow American at all. In fact, I look forward to being very far away from them.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
rights being ripped away

I'm way late into this convo, but...what rights have you lost?
Sounds overly paranoid to me. And I don't mean this as a flame, most deffinetly not. But what rights do you refer to as being lost?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
wont miss my fellow American at all. In fact, I look forward to being very far away from them.

Wow, well, America will miss you.

I'm sure your friends in America will too

America needs as many evil elves as we can get!! Evey Elf lost, is an elf we will miss terribly.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Im leaving the US, perhaps for good, this wednsday, the 26th. Going over to Yorkshire.

Good for you, Skadi. I love York, but then I love anything medieval and York is definitely on the list.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'm just going to throw this out and run away...LOL

Anyone who wants to leave America can do so, its your right. But there are other options if you are doing it for political reasons, you can protest in a million ways. You can be a conciencous(sp) objector, you can do whatever you want. Its your right to speak up in opposition if you see injustice going on. America is one of the best places on earth, I don't understand why anyone in thier right mind would want to leave unless they are not from here originally and want to go home. I dont think you are going to find much better. Just my thoughts on people leaving the US for political reasons. A lot of people have never been outside the US, if you are one of those people and want to leave cause of the current situation, you are in for a surprise some day when you get into trouble in another country. Peace out.

And Evil Elf, have a safe trip!I hope England is sunny for once when you get there

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Unfortunately the only difference is that the US government (or ruling elites) are in a far better position to push their one world state upon the rest of us inhabitants of this chunk of rock. Having a military larger than the rest of the world combined along with a majority of the world's wealth makes this type of task a little easier.

Living in Vancouver, I would say that you should come here. We have great peeler bars and you can fire up a gagger on the street no problem!

Bottom line, real Canadians and real Americans are no different. We have only been programmed using different code!. In the end I will fight for my southern neighbour just as I would my friend next door to ward off those controlling nazi bastards!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join