It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving the USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Why is everyone heading to Canada?

I lived there for nearly 10 years, come to Australia, its much better!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
herein lies the problem- people's families. That, and not dying. Some people would rather fight- yeah, all the more power to ya'll- but when push comes to shove, the government has the advantage every time. Some people don't want to die, or get hurt, or see their families hurt. People aren't fleeing because they're cowards- it's because throwing down your life in a futile battle helps no one.

DE

And running does what? The old saying is if you run you just die tired.....LOL

How can they have the advantage? WE ARE the cops. WE ARE the Army. WE ARE the government. They can do NOTHING without US.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Amuk, it doesn't take that many people to infect a person with a virus or launch a missile. They hold the cards. They control the airwaves, they control of the minds of the people. They hold all the cards. At least by running, one can remove your wife and children from the line of fire.

DE

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by insite
America is lost. This is my belief.

Not yet - but it will be if people don't stop acting like sheep.

Amen. I guess I just have a problem with running form the land my people have fought for since 1625.

Go fight for the scared asses. What a four quote?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Amuk, it doesn't take that many people to infect a person with a virus or launch a missile. They hold the cards. They control the airwaves, they control of the minds of the people. They hold all the cards. At least by running, one can remove your wife and children from the line of fire.

DE

For the time being maybe but what do you do when they come there? Run again? And again? And again?

If your fear is for your family get them out and to safety and then you can fight for what is yours

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yeah, so why not go with them? At least you could try to protect them, then. As you said, they're just going to keep coming and coming. So, once you've fought and died and lost, who's going to protect your loved ones when they come for them?

DE

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i could flee this country. My parents are from another country and my other relatives are from another country.

Well Fight Amuk fight for your country.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yeah, so why not go with them? At least you could try to protect them, then. As you said, they're just going to keep coming and coming. So, once you've fought and died and lost, who's going to protect your loved ones when they come for them?

DE

Thats why you fight and win.

If they are gonna keep coming then what is the use of running.

Die like a man facing your enimies instead of running, and you will have good stories to tell the other souls in Vallhalla

We can still stop this without bloodshed if people DONT run and stand up to these schoolyard bullies.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Thats why you fight and win.

If they are gonna keep coming then what is the use of running.

Die like a man facing your enimies instead of running, and you will have good stories to tell the other souls in Vallhalla

We can still stop this without bloodshed if people DONT run and stand up to these schoolyard bullies.

Sometimes, you can't win. And dying like a man doesn't help anyone. Sometimes, you jsut have to cut your losses and fall back for a bit. Look at public sentiment for bush. Until that changes, you will continue to be stripped of your freedoms, bit by bit.

DE

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whenisthend
i could flee this country. My parents are from another country and my other relatives are from another country.

Well Fight Amuk fight for your country.

Does this mean you agree?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have been to many countries. Met many people. And I must say, America is the freest of them all. Now, the people in America suck. They are dumb #ing morons incapable of introspection, reflection, and deep, soulfull ponderings. They are loud, obnoxious, in your face, i find ym conversations with my cats more.stimmulating.

But, as to freedom, it is only in this country I can pretty much do as I please. There is plenty of pot to smoke, plenty of wide open desolate spaces to retreat too. I can own guns. I can defend myself. I can slip and disappear without the govornment tracking me. I have never seen this possible in any other country Ive been to.

Yet I am leaving America in a few months, because, well, I have a love interest in the UK, one Ive had for many years, and after deliberation, we decided, I shall move there.for the time being. A Much more oppresive, crowded place. Security cams everywhere with thier unyielding elctric eyes.staring down paranoid little me. Hell, I swear, they might even tax me for having sex. But, well, thats what love does to a person.

In the meantime, I shall persuade him to move to alaska eventually. Thats where I wanna go. See, I hate people. I am misanthropy personified. I wish to go someplace far away from people and have only wildness surrounding me. I have great survival skills, from my childhood in poverty, and my time in the army. I can eat anything: bugs, clover, berries, roots, nuts, animals, I know how to live. I can even eat moss and lichen. I can build field expiedient baths and showers. I can relieve myself anywhere. The only challenge I find is convincing him. Brits, like the rest of Europe, are entirely too social. They have lived thier lives in crowded towns with people evrywhere. Isolation and the lack of things to do in town could drive them insane. Its a challenge, but I have little doubt that i can eventually convince him humanity is #, people suck, and the further you are from the rabble and trash, the happier your life can be.

So, for Americans wishing to leave the US: here are some thoughts.

1. No Matter where you go, youre hated. No one likes Americans. No matter what country you go to, be prepared for ill treatment and behavior for a while. Its near impossible for Americans to blend in, for most Americans have a certain look and way that makes them ever so easy to spot. Unless youre a master of fading and blending and have learned the language, be prepared to be an outcast for a while.
2. Most countries, youll find, everything shuts down early. Only here do we have a 24/7 society. So, if youre a night owl like me, get used to become a day bird quickly, lest you never are awake to be able to buy your food.
3. Things in certain industrialized countries are hideously expensive. be prepared to relook your entire budgets.
4. In third world and less industrialized countries, crime tends to be rampant, be careful. As an American, youre assumed to be stinking rich, and will be a very prime target.
5. remeber, YOU are now the foreigner. Take some time and learn local laws, history, customs, and most importantly, the language. Most people in other countries speak english anyway, but, some places, especially France, people love to be difficult. The could be fluent in English and refuse to speak it, just to spite you. So, when you move, work to fit in. Its not liek the states, where pretty much, people from other coutnries still behave similarly. This is a relatively diverse society. other places dont exaclty liek such diversity, thus, blatant foreigners might not be appreciated.

Heres a suggestion: for Americans thinking of leaving, try moving to a different state. We have 50 different countries wrapped up into one. Life is totally different on the west coast than it is the erast, and Oregon is a different world from washington. Some states, like California, are repressive. Others, liek washington, are near wild west. Guns are very legal here, to buy, own, and carry. And, I myself, when Im away from the idiot sections of redneck land, find people are pretty much unassuming. So, try a different state.

If you still wanna leave. do so, be careful, have fun, and remeber: ADAPT! YOU HAVE LEFT AMERICA, SO CEASE BEING AMERICAN.

Ktpr, if youre planning to move to Seattle, bring mold killing agents, alot of rain gear, and be prepared to engage in the only 5 pasttimes avable in seattle: starbucks, microbrew, heroin, pot, and mariners games.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Sometimes, you can't win. And dying like a man doesn't help anyone. Sometimes, you jsut have to cut your losses and fall back for a bit. Look at public sentiment for bush. Until that changes, you will continue to be stripped of your freedoms, bit by bit.

And until someone stands up and says enough it will keep happening.

Everyone is saying we have waited to long so lets wait some more. Screw that the longer you wait the stronger they get.

What keeps getting lost in this is NOBODY has to die at this point if everyone will trade in their panties for a jock and get these bozos out of office. Nobody has ever died from getting up turning off the freaking tube and going to the voting booth.

Even if we did not win a huge third party turnout would send these jokers a message that we are tired of their # and wont take it any more. If nothing else it would buy us sometime to deprogram some of the rest.

Some are born slaves and would never change we can not help them, but its time to stop letting them choose our leaders

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

And running does what? The old saying is if you run you just die tired.....LOL

How can they have the advantage? WE ARE the cops. WE ARE the Army. WE ARE the government. They can do NOTHING without US.

Amuk~~
I like your style. If the citizens take a stand, what can they do. It's not too late.
As far as I'm concerned America is still the country I want to live in.

And, I think you are right, the military would join in.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf (with some thoughts from the Colonel)

So, for Americans wishing to leave the US: here are some thoughts.

1. No Matter where you go, youre hated. No one likes Americans. No matter what country you go to, be prepared for ill treatment and behavior for a while. Its near impossible for Americans to blend in, for most Americans have a certain look and way that makes them ever so easy to spot. Unless youre a master of fading and blending and have learned the language, be prepared to be an outcast for a while.

This applies to everyone but the Colonel because he is black and is also a victim of this oppressive government.

(I am half joking and half serious on this point but I don't want a flame war. Hey, man, some believe all the racial propaganda that you send overseas so, I am a poor black man from the ghettoes oppressed by the Man when I get there.)

2. Most countries, youll find, everything shuts down early. Only here do we have a 24/7 society. So, if youre a night owl like me, get used to become a day bird quickly, lest you never are awake to be able to buy your food.

except in Asia where everything is 24/7 YAH!!!!!!! (Kinda)

3. Things in certain industrialized countries are hideously expensive. be prepared to relook your entire budgets.

(yeah)

4. In third world and less industrialized countries, crime tends to be rampant, be careful. As an American, youre assumed to be stinking rich, and will be a very prime target.

Except if your ther Colonel who puts the fear of God into the criminal because he is big and...(you know it) black.

5. remeber, YOU are now the foreigner. Take some time and learn local laws, history, customs, and most importantly, the language. Most people in other countries speak english anyway, but, some places, especially France, people love to be difficult. The could be fluent in English and refuse to speak it, just to spite you. So, when you move, work to fit in. Its not liek the states, where pretty much, people from other coutnries still behave similarly. This is a relatively diverse society. other places dont exaclty liek such diversity, thus, blatant foreigners might not be appreciated.

YYEAH, PEOPLE, GET SOME CULTURE!

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
And to those of you who think that the battle is lost, quit being pussies and whining.

So what if they have big guns and tech out thier asses? You seem to forget, the vietcong shot down our helicopters with bows and arrows. In iraq, sticks and stones do seriious damage to our equipment. They can be beaten. Hell, all we need is a good civil war. What do you say, east vs west?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

What do you say, east vs west?

Nahhh

We still got some unfinished business with the yankees

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ok, My sugegstions apply to everyone BUT colonel. Thats right. DO NOT # WITH COLONEL. He is a big rich black man and he will put the smack down on anyone who dares mistake him for an easy target! And if youre a republiklansman, look out. That big black man beating dents into your roll royce isnt some hoodlum from compton, its the Colonel, and hes commin for your repugnant ass, BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Great statement Skadi_the_Evil_Elf. Really. Maybe Alaska would be an alternative. I remember something as a child about being payed thousands just to move there. I wonder if that program is still around?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The program is still on! and u get a check once a year from the state for living there, part of the alaska oil field dividens to the residents. alaska is BEAUTIFUL! and in the souther part, its not really that cold, just extremely rainy. Stuff is more expensive there cuz it has to be boated in or flown in, but hell. If you wanna escape the idiots of mainland america and have miles and miles of nothing but unsullied nature and beauty, alaska is the place to be. its absolutely incredible there, a forgotten part of the us. One way or another, i shall end up there someday. Its been my dream: too cold and rough for the weakling masses of hu,manity i so despise!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh, and did I mention...........pot is legal in Alaska.

Up to an ounce for your own personal use, I believe. And what other use would I have for it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join