Leaving the USA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
2. Insite- Out west and out east are two very different places. Calgary is frankly the ONLY city for hundreds of miles around, and so has to look south for influences. Cultural identity is an issue there. However, in Ontario and Quebec, people tend to be quite different. Especially quebec... so visit Ontario. If you want small-town life, visit Sudbury. Gorgeous and remote. If you want bright lights, visit Toronto or Montreal.

DE

Well, I think it's a western thing (if you discount communist columbia). It's happening in Edmonton too. And especially in Toronto. You can watch Conan O'Brien on location in T dot, and a few rappers with their American style. They are struggling to identify things that make Canada, Canada. And what about how little the government pays for your medical expenses these days? I smell rabbid capitalism sweeping the plains, not necessarily a bad thing, just un-Canadian.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

Well, I think it's a western thing (if you discount communist columbia). It's happening in Edmonton too. And especially in Toronto. You can watch Conan O'Brien on location in T dot, and a few rappers with their American style. They are struggling to identify things that make Canada, Canada. And what about how little the government pays for your medical expenses these days? I smell rabbid capitalism sweeping the plains, not necessarily a bad thing, just un-Canadian.

That's economic, not social identity. Even with the laws being passed, American companies have a lot of clout here, especially on the TV. Canadian companies simply have insufficient money or ratings to compete. They put out quality like the devil, but people aren't looking for intelligent TV anymore. That forces everything into the arena of Prime and other specialty networks except...oh, whaddya know, all the American stations. As for healthcare, that's a sociological thing. Our population growth by birth is next to nil, and an aging populous is gonna be puttting a hurting on the health system, forcing the children of the baby boomers to pay for all the healtcare fo their parents and grandparents. Basically, healthcare is beign privatized so my generation doesn't get butchered by taxes.

DE

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well that makes a lot of sense DE. But it is sort of Canadian heritage. It is what you are known for. I don't really believe the whole American company takeover thing though. sure NAFTA has put you at a risk, but in Calgary the skyline is made up of the TD Bankers Trust towers, PetroCanada, TransCanada Pipelines, Bank of Montreal and on and on. Economically things might be slowly changing, but what I'm talking about is societal apathy.

Do Canadians care if they lose their culture? Ask the kids who travel to Daytona Beach and watch Much Music. You can see the trend, there's no denying it. But, you can't be so quick to pin it on the economy itself, more so the specifics. Canadians adopting American media as a source for how to live life, look cool, whatever. Reading your last post I find we're in agreement on a number of things.

Is it human nature? Or are we being manipulated one continent at a time. I see no reason to move to Canada as the draft dodgers did back in the day. Canada, though in denial, is rapidly buying into American culture.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Such a bummer to hear all these bad things about Canada considering it was the number 1 choice of where I was planning to move in a year or two and eventually work toward full citizenship.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Frankly, our choices aren't that varied. American stations swarm over the airwaves, and American shows deluge our programming. Face it- it comes back down to bling. American programs get ratings, so they replace Canadian shows. Canadian shows lose ratings, and there's a dozen American shows juat waiting to replace it with the next Canadian show coming in at number thirteen. It's all money, and because Americans have more availabel for production, Canadian content gets pushed out. The youngins only watch the American content, get Americanized, we get screwed.

DE

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Such a bummer to hear all these bad things about Canada considering it was the number 1 choice of where I was planning to move in a year or two and eventually work toward full citizenship.

Canada is still plenty good. Come visit before you make a judgement call.

DE

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've always wanted to move out of the US, but I lack (any) economic resources to do so. I've always had an eye for Canada, but lately I've been realizing just how cold it is there, esp. during the winters. I do not know how global warming will affect things but I do know Canada has had some very severe snow storms recently.

Alaska sounds nice, but I worry about power generation and heat. I suspect some place like Seatle migtht be best.

But for now I just excercise and try to save up. I should invest in a good bike and a good set of tools, as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What's with you people? Canada isn't Siberia. The worst I've seen is -50 degrees celcius, but that's up north. In toronto, the worst I've EVER seen it go is about -25 degrees C. We have heat, electricity, etc. So unless you plan on living in a tent or something, don't worry about the cold. Buy a coat and cope like the rest of us!

DE

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven

Canada is still 100 times more free than America. I'd live there if given the choice between Canada and USA. I'd probably move to the Yukon or Ellesmere Island just to get far enough away.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
I'd probably move to the Yukon or Ellesmere Island just to get far enough away.

I hope you're not too attached to your figners and toes... that's where it's Absolute Zero on a nice day.

DE

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Stop being so paranoid... its not the NWO thats taking over its the Conservatives (half of whom call themselves liberals)... its the establishing of the one party system (two parties fighting fot the same thing) this lack of freedom cannot be blamed on the NWO if other countries are not being affected by it... and if it was indeed the NWO then fleeing the USA wont help oz its the new WORLD order not the new UNITED STATES OF AMERICA order and yes, as much as you want to deny it, the world is still more than just the USA...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The problem with moving to Canada to escape or tough out an overt NWO take over is that w/o heat its to damn cold. I mean you can make a fire, but that's only going to go so far.

I do suppose that an underground cave with fire might work pretty good, though. Heheh, i laugh at the thought of a cave man canadian giving it to the NWO

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I hope you're not too attached to your figners and toes... that's where it's Absolute Zero on a nice day.

DE

LOL! Na, Yukon is awesome. Ellesmere Island - Permafrost, swamps, mosquitos and mud during the summer. Permanent darkness and absolute zero during winter. But no thought police!! haha!

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr

Alaska sounds nice, but I worry about power generation and heat. I suspect some place like Seatle migtht be best.

To sway that opinion, do take in consideration Alaska oil reserves, and a soon to be built natual gas pipeline. Coal reserves also. And the trees, sap is down in winter-so fresh cut logs will burn. And then, our population, which is just under 700,000 people.
Personally, I'll take the cold any day over the heat in the South. You become acclimated, but it takes a while. I do miss the heat of the Southern states sometimes, though. Still winter here- we have had 6 inches of snow since past Saturday. Spring is almost here...been a long winter- I will be glad.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Stop being so paranoid... its not the NWO thats taking over its the Conservatives (half of whom call themselves liberals)... its the establishing of the one party system (two parties fighting fot the same thing) this lack of freedom cannot be blamed on the NWO if other countries are not being affected by it... and if it was indeed the NWO then fleeing the USA wont help oz its the new WORLD order not the new UNITED STATES OF AMERICA order and yes, as much as you want to deny it, the world is still more than just the USA...

What are you talking about man? DE and I have been having a discussion about this for the past hour or two. The global spread of a united culture can be likened to this "NWO" that you speak of. Who's culture? American. Why leave America when the spread of American junk is everywhere?

You should know. Australians are American butt buddies.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yeah. Unfortunately, there's nary a aprt of the globe untouched by America's culture. At least in Canada, you can hide out in the boonies and enjoy the environment while not having to worry about viri, nukage, flying lead and the countless other things that comes with American citizenship.

DE

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yeah, I will probably hit Canada - since my wife is from there. I better learn french.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good point, i've pondered this many times......

I've thought about going to what we would call an impoverished society.....

I think I would be most happy there....

I see not rat race, no enslaved tax paying people, but a republic set up for people to take care of themselves through god's law... You could find this in southern countries, some caribbean countries, french polynesia perhaps?? Norwiegen islands... I dunno.......
I'd have to research it a little more, but I know what your saying......

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i think for alot if not most..it is a question of $$ when it comes to leave america and the thought that 'it' will not really happen......'it' will happen

live 'off the grid', stay in tune with whats happening, stay armed and stocked and depending on how much risk u want to take get active in helping to bring light to the sheeples.

are u ready for what might happen?? say a 'attack' of some type by allegded 'terrorists'...in america... curfews, gas, food, ect prices go way up, unlimited OT for the police and probably alot of Nat'l Gaurds running around on the streets, govt probably will start some type of nat'l ID and conduct 'terrorist sweeps'...this is where all of you who thought that the patriot act was a good thing will realy come into play along with the good ol' EO's. many many many many sheeples who thought they were law abiding citizens would get caught up in these 'sweeps'...spending a couple days having your life scrutinized by the 'authorities', not being able to go to work or contact your family or a 'lawyer'.....
people will start to move away from the cities to get away from the strict controlls placed in the cities....hmmmm..i thinbk somebody else has mentioned something like this....yes..i'm gunna say it...i invoke the John Titor scenerio

doesn't seem to far fetched now

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Mankind over 6,000 years has never yet been clever enough; because he is "blinded" by his own arrogance and selfishness; to see the Wisdom of The Covenant and God's Laws and that they are the ONLY way to peace and harmony.

Arrogance and ignorance are the two sides of Satan's coin.

Humility and Wisdom are the two sides of God's coin.

In the day that man, in his Satanically inspired (and copied) arrogance, thought himself to be wise (like Satan did), he became a fool; fooled and deceived by his own ignorance of his own arrogance: ignorance that he tries to conceal with his arrogance, even from himself (just like Satan does).

The Laws and Principles of Government, given by the Ruler of The Universe, via Moses, are what have maintained peace in the Universe for Eternity. If you want to be pardoned and released from this lunatic-asylum prison-planet, and from your human organic-computer prison-cell (body) and go home, back out into the Universe, back to where you came from and live forever, with your real family and friends, then you have to learn those Laws and Principles here and PROVE that you can keep and live by them, here under all and extreme conditions and temptations, before you can be trusted and released. The Messiah said in Revelation chapter 2 verses 26, 28, "To him that overcomes and keeps MY works unto The End, ........ will I give the Morning Star."

The strong will oppress the weak. The rich will oppress the poor. The clever will oppress the not so clever and there will be continual struggle for survival, leading to crime, violence, war and eventually total annihilation - Armageddon. How can there possibly NOT be?

To explain even more clearly still, in terms that everyone should be able to understand, if they want to understand, one human family can amass an absolute fortune, under selfish, fraudulent, illegal laws; in the space of two hundred Earth years; and, in so doing, make millions of other people POOR and miserable.

The Plan

From TrueLies: I know alot of people don't want to take the time out, but i've been on a journey for years now to find out the truth, and this is what it's lead me to.
I never used to be so religious neither am I now, but this seems to me the only thing that makes perfect sense.
I just want to share it with you so maybe you can find the answer that I did.

This is our VERY LAST chance. There are only two choices and there is still time for you to decide, but not much time. One choice leads to the Strait Gate, which leads home, and the other leads to The Fire, so for your own sake, please choose wisely.

Given your Free-will to decide what you believe and do about it, only one question remains: WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON (Matthew 12:30; Luke 11:32)?

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by TrueLies]

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join