It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Obama Got Elected

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by LittlePinky82

Here's a thought- IF the majority of people who voted for Obama were uneducated, is that because they're dumb? These dumb high school drop outs who couldn't understand how to capitalize and complete equations, clearly, they shouldn't be able to vote because they don't know anything?

Oh, wait. MAYBE...
These people grew up in an underprivileged society and were not given the same chance as you and I. People who just can't climb the social ladder for whatever reason. People who can't go to school because they need to feed their families and pay rent. Maybe they didn't vote for him because they were uneducated and didn't know better...
Maybe they realized that in their own personal situations, Obama would be the one to help them get that food on the table and their rent paid.

I think that's the case and I think that is a very very very valid reason to vote for a candidate.

I tend to go to the later as well. Maybe that's why they voted for Obama. As I've mentioned either in this thread or another the debates had VERY high ratings. Even his infomercial thingie had high ratings. So people were very engaged and interested in what he had to say either way. People knew Obama's background and that he came from a poor background and would understand and can make policies to help improve people's lives. And literacy tests are a thing of the past. It's ridiculous and class warfare to want to bring them back.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

...How can people not know when 9/11 was?
I don't... understand... I knew how to figure out months and days from numbers when I was, oh, 3?

I know what you mean. I was like WTF?!?! You might be able to find it on Youtube which is where I saw it. It's something you have to see to believe.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Originally posted by LittlePinky82
OMG this poll is so stupid. They only surveyed 512 Obama supporters nation wide. When I took American government a term ago my professor mentioned how you have to have at least 1,000 people in a nation poll like this for it to be even close to accurate. The fact this survey only has 512 people shows nothing except with these 512 people.

The poll is NOT stupid.

Obama's 8 million vote majority margin is where this poll comes into play.

Among the millions of Obama voters, I can readily agree that if not for the morons who certainly comprise that 8 million figure....McCain would be taking the oath on January 20th, and not Barack Obama.

And if you don't think the TYPICAL Obama voter is uneducated and not politically savvy, then somebody may have to include more into that 8 million voter group.

LOL! You're kidding right? So 512 people now equals 8 million? You're also recreating math! And McCain supporters are so intelligent right? LOL! At least Obama supporters know that Iraq did not attack us on 9/11.
Sore loser.

link   
ALL people who vote should be asked a question about the policies of the candidate they are voting for, a general one of course, that all voters should know. If they get the answer wrong... sorry they're too ignorant and/or stupid to be allowed to vote. NO VOTE ALLOWED GO AWAY!! It is the only way you lot are ever going to get out of the mess that recent governments have got you into.

link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Yea what about all the racists , redneck uneducated can't get passed 10th grade hillbilly republican McCain supporters. I'm sure they are geniuses.

Well, exactly. That's kind of what I've been trying to say but I didn't want to come right out and say it because it's a tad insulting.

For example, my boyfriend lives in Garrett Country Maryland, where 99% of people are Republican Hillbillies. They survive on Wal-Mart, go huntin' and fishin', haven't graduated high school (or if they have they went to a community college or agricultural/vocational school). They haven't watched any news other than Fox in in their lives, and they hate "Nig**rs" (they still use that word, it's horrible.) I'm not making it up, I've seen it with my own eyes, and they have less of a head on their shoulders than the poor blacks in inner cities that apparently "Screwed Over" the McCain campaign.

Just saying. People are hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Here's a thought- IF the majority of people who voted for Obama were uneducated, is that because they're dumb? These dumb high school drop outs who couldn't understand how to capitalize and complete equations, clearly, they shouldn't be able to vote because they don't know anything?

Oh, wait. MAYBE...
These people grew up in an underprivileged society and were not given the same chance as you and I. People who just can't climb the social ladder for whatever reason. People who can't go to school because they need to feed their families and pay rent. Maybe they didn't vote for him because they were uneducated and didn't know better...
Maybe they realized that in their own personal situations, Obama would be the one to help them get that food on the table and their rent paid.

I think that's the case and I think that is a very very very valid reason to vote for a candidate.

I tend to go to the later as well. Maybe that's why they voted for Obama. As I've mentioned either in this thread or another the debates had VERY high ratings. Even his infomercial thingie had high ratings. So people were very engaged and interested in what he had to say either way. People knew Obama's background and that he came from a poor background and would understand and can make policies to help improve people's lives. And literacy tests are a thing of the past. It's ridiculous and class warfare to want to bring them back.

I think the literacy tests would knock out a ton of Republicans too, though. It is class warfare, because uneducated people are capable of knowing what is best for their country.

I feel like we have sufficiently overpowered the meanie, anti-Obama conservatives that were on here before.
I shall now venture to another thread, I'll check back later to make sure.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Wow you're a communist too? Nice to see I'm not a lone here.
Yes some things Fidel does aren't so great like not having the opportunity for average people to have computers and phones. That's kinda silly. Even though I can understand it I wouldn't go that route. I think Raul is going to do a better job. One of the first things he did as new president (he was Fidel's VP) was to over turn that law.

And yes one of my pet peeves is whenever people find out you're communist they always ask why do you like Stalin and things like that. Stalin also tortured fellow comrades who challenged him and said when he was wrong in doing something. They were the first he imprisoned and tortured. Even in Cuba communist's challenge each other all the time in elections and whatnot. Some of Castro's harshest critics are people in Cuba who are supportive of him. And yes I voted for Obama because he was the least insane and he would do a better job. There's so many issues to vote on this election whether with the Constitution, jobs and economy, education, foreign issues. One issue voters are annoying to me no matter what side of the isle you're on.

Haha, um. Yes, I'm a Communist. Not a Castroist or Stalinist. Because my idea of Communism has never actually worked or been put into action because it's impossible. It's really just a philosophy. I'm aware that it can never work in real life, and being a Communist is more like a religion than anything else. Obama could do the most for the majority of the population, and that's what matters. That's as close as we can get. The right way to Communism is to approach it from a different direction than having a dictator and whatnot. It's never going to happen though, I don't get my hopes up. I take it a day at a time and if there's something that can be done to make the country more even in terms of opportunity, then awesome.

Right. That's my line of thinking as well with elections. If Gus Hall was running in 2008 and had a chance like McCain and Obama I probably would've supported him. I'm the same way with communism. Lots of people say how it won't work etc. and while they may be right my response is I don't just give up and take my ball and go home. You always are working for what you want. But it's nice to know you're not a lone.
I'm fine a lone and all but it's just nice knowing you're not a lone.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Personally, I would argue the majority of Obama people are politically inept or at least find no problem in perpetuating this BS system. Forget what the MSM tells you and go off your own personal insight. The guy who made this movie is a fervent Republican so discredit his movie sure-
But all the Obama people Ive talked with ARE politically ignorant and are totally OK with it. DO your own survey and I'll bet most don't know what Pelosi does. And I was super sick of hearing "the last 8 years"- boo hoo.
I've found that when you talk to Dems, sure they have big hearts and mean well but if you even try and address certain things they shut off. Their feeble minds seem wholly unable to compute ideas outside the republican hating paradigm. Bush sucks! I hate Bush! It's all Bush's fault!

And bollocks to all the McCain people as well- your party's another sham playing on the manufactured sentiments of a misguided bloc of Americans. Bush did a great job moving the social conservative agenda forward-HA! And how many fiscal conservatives are in DC these days! Laughable!
Rs and Ds- quit being so readily programmed.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
Here is the Zogby Post Election Poll that proves it: Zogby Poll
... Only 2% of Obama voters rated high in terms of correct answers to the poll!

So, only 2% knew the answers to the 12 Zogby questions???

Here are some of those questions...

Which candidate could not say how many houses they own?
Which candidate said they could see Russia from their house?
Which candidate wore clothes that their political party reportedly spent $150,000 on?
Which candidate currently has a pregnant teenage daughter?
Which candidate claimed to have campaigned in 57 states?
Which candidate started their political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground?

So... are these the important issues in an election that prove the knowledge of the electorate? How many houses someone owns? Who's pregnant? How much their clothes cost? Gaffes and rumors? Is that how you determine an educated voter?

Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Yea what about all the racists , redneck uneducated can't get passed 10th grade hillbilly republican McCain supporters. I'm sure they are geniuses.

Well, exactly. That's kind of what I've been trying to say but I didn't want to come right out and say it because it's a tad insulting.

For example, my boyfriend lives in Garrett Country Maryland, where 99% of people are Republican Hillbillies. They survive on Wal-Mart, go huntin' and fishin', haven't graduated high school (or if they have they went to a community college or agricultural/vocational school). They haven't watched any news other than Fox in in their lives, and they hate "Nig**rs" (they still use that word, it's horrible.) I'm not making it up, I've seen it with my own eyes, and they have less of a head on their shoulders than the poor blacks in inner cities that apparently "Screwed Over" the McCain campaign.

Just saying. People are hypocrites.

Right with the hypocrites thing. Community College isn't all that bad though. It's better than nothing. I go to a community school now and I'm taking the same classes that are at the university here. Since I'm going for my b.s. I will be taking some classes at the university. So community school isn't a lazy thing or anything like that. Just smaller class rooms and cheaper.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

what would it happen if McCain would it won the election? would have posted the same tread? please give me a break.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Oh, wait. MAYBE...

I think the literacy tests would knock out a ton of Republicans too, though. It is class warfare, because uneducated people are capable of knowing what is best for their country.

I feel like we have sufficiently overpowered the meanie, anti-Obama conservatives that were on here before.
I shall now venture to another thread, I'll check back later to make sure.

Haha right. Plus with the literacy tests in the past they would rig them. If it's someone you knew who was doing the test they would make it so easy for you to pass. If you were a racist and didn't like a person because of their color whether black, Asian or hispanic they would make it harder. Totally ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

COME ON!! They went to ONE OF THE MOST ILL EDUCATED parts of on the country.

Anyway.......so what you're REALLY SAYING is that they did the same, but with back-water dwelling white rednecks and attributed Obamas policies to McCain...and weren't duped??? eh????

What's that??? They DIDN'T go and do that???

Two words for you...

Institutionalised racism.

Get off ATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
Personally, I would argue the majority of Obama people are politically inept or at least find no problem in perpetuating this BS system. Forget what the MSM tells you and go off your own personal insight. The guy who made this movie is a fervent Republican so discredit his movie sure-
But all the Obama people Ive talked with ARE politically ignorant and are totally OK with it. DO your own survey and I'll bet most don't know what Pelosi does. And I was super sick of hearing "the last 8 years"- boo hoo.
I've found that when you talk to Dems, sure they have big hearts and mean well but if you even try and address certain things they shut off. Their feeble minds seem wholly unable to compute ideas outside the republican hating paradigm. Bush sucks! I hate Bush! It's all Bush's fault!

And bollocks to all the McCain people as well- your party's another sham playing on the manufactured sentiments of a misguided bloc of Americans. Bush did a great job moving the social conservative agenda forward-HA! And how many fiscal conservatives are in DC these days! Laughable!

So you knew who Barney Frank was? Do you know who Tim Ryan is? Zach Wamp? And republicans don't shut off at certain things?
Personally I think if you want any sort of conservative you'd have to look at the libertarians. Again with a broad brush. It's annoying as hell. Do you like it when people do a broad brush of you?

[edit on 23-11-2008 by LittlePinky82]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Zogby is a Re'thug'lican' tool....it only verifies your narrow and ignorant box you exist in. Take a look at the refuse of 8+ years the ReTHUGlicans have done by their tearing down of this country...it's remarkable your on this site! I voted for Obama.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't think that Obama supporters are uneducated per se, they are just easily swayed by the media.

I'd say the same if mccain was elected. The media elects the president, not the people.

I wanted Bob Barr to win the election, but he never will, because the media is controlled by the government and will never let a man who wants there to be less government be elected.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah

I didn't say anything about the last 8 years and I do know what Pelosi does.
So who would you support?
/Lots of Republicans hate Bush by now too, and still voted McCain. You generalize a lot.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
1) Community College is cheaper. I spend 40k a year that I don't have on college. That's fun.

2) Bingmat- Do NOT EVER tell somebody to get off ATS. Do it again and you'll be reported.

3) The media does elect the president for the most part, because where else are most people going to get their information about candidates? Especially those without internet, etc.

4) The information regarding character of the candidates in this election was horrible, and even though I don't really like Palin at all because I feel that I should be able to have an abortion if I want one, since I don't personally fear going to hell for killing a bunch of cells that could mess up my life because I'm not Christian, and I don't support her putting her religious beliefs on others, doesn't mean I think she's incompetent. I just think she's less competent than others and that she probably was a poor choice as a running mate. This whole gender/race thing was insane and it makes me want to hit something.

Moonsoulja, I think you need to get a grip. Just a tad. Let it go, it's over. The election is over guys, we can go live our lives now.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

1) Community College is cheaper. I spend 40k a year that I don't have on college. That's fun.

2) Bingmat- Do NOT EVER tell somebody to get off ATS. Do it again and you'll be reported.

3) The media does elect the president for the most part, because where else are most people going to get their information about candidates? Especially those without internet, etc.

4) The information regarding character of the candidates in this election was horrible, and even though I don't really like Palin at all because I feel that I should be able to have an abortion if I want one, since I don't personally fear going to hell for killing a bunch of cells that could mess up my life because I'm not Christian, and I don't support her putting her religious beliefs on others, doesn't mean I think she's incompetent. I just think she's less competent than others and that she probably was a poor choice as a running mate. This whole gender/race thing was insane and it makes me want to hit something.

Moonsoulja, I think you need to get a grip. Just a tad. Let it go, it's over. The election is over guys, we can go live our lives now.

1) Right. That's why I'm doing a lot of my classes at community college. They're the same classes and at the same level so why not?

2) That was kinda mean.

3) Yep. Look even at the primaries and who they selected to get the most time on both sides of the isle.

4) Palin had a lot of issues dealing with ethics and corruption. Plus she left a little tiny town of Wasilla in a huge debt!! Who does that?!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by herojoe
I don't think that Obama supporters are uneducated per se, they are just easily swayed by the media.

I'd say the same if mccain was elected. The media elects the president, not the people.

I wanted Bob Barr to win the election, but he never will, because the media is controlled by the government and will never let a man who wants there to be less government be elected.

So you're basing education on these stupid character/family question's like who had a pregnant teenage daughter? Hardly a test of education if you ask me.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join