It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Obama Got Elected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I accel at reading and writing just as goodly as any Republican, and I don't need hand outs. It's just a matter of not wanting things taken away from me anymore- like the 4th Amendment. I really miss that one. That's how I ended up on Obama's side.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I forgot about that. Awesome. Really got some thinkers on that one. Yeah um, I definitely support him on keeping the troops in Iraq.
Yeah I support Sarah Palin as his candidate.
George Washington would be proud.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
They have no idea of what his policies are, or even who his running mate was

So this is better than an actual running mate itself that doesn't know squat?

(Just one of the worst examples..., there are way more if you look, take those from the fair-and-balanced, unbiased source for a start)

Be careful with throwing stones if you're sitting in a glashouse!

[edit on 22.11.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SiONiX

Your post makes no sense at all.

You're only trying to derail the thread.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
The lack of understand in the Obama voting electorate is apalling! How could this people be so misled? See for yourself! Watch How Obama Got Elected and you will understand how uneducated these people are.

The responsibility for this tragedy rests with the American media. Their irresponsibility in reporting political news is incredible. Could they ever get the story right? Do the? Apparently not!

Here is the Zogby Post Election Poll that proves it: Zogby Poll

If you think you are politically astute then thank your luck stars! Apparently most of your neighbors aren't. Only 2% of Obama voters rated high in terms of correct answers to the poll!

Obama got elected because the last 8years of conservativism nearly drove the country to the ground. 365 electoral college votes, 6 million above Mccain.

Figures that University educated and college educated folk voted more for Obama. But hey... if you choose to believe mccain supporters really had their view of the world after voting in an idiot twice in a row, well then thats just your opinion.

Looking forward to the next 8 *cough* 4 years under Obama. I suggest you get use to it.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by SiONiX

You like those better:

I'm just showing that you can do this with both sides supporters, and even the sides themselves. (which is even more worse, if you ask me)

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by LittlePinky82

When you have people who have a high school diploma and can't read or write above a 4th grade level, and you only hear whats been said by one side( The Debates where one sided by most accounts) and you have no drive to accel in this world you vote to get things handed to you, not on the issues!
Zindo

[edit on 11/22/2008 by ZindoDoone]

Wow such ingorance from that statement. You cant possibly believe that all people who voted for Obama have not gone past highschool and Cant read or write above the 4th grade level.

If you do that only makes your self look worse and not Obama supporters because it is such a ridiculous claim. I voted for obama.

I work as an acitivities director at a rehab. I went to college. I have a bachelors in psychology. last time I took a test to determine my reading level, in highscool, I tested in college level. I voted for obama because I felt he is more of what we need for this country tham McCain is. Not because I want things handed to me. That is not how america works. Things were never handed to me. I earned everything I have in this life.

To say that all obama supporters are lazy uneducated people who cannot read or write is ignorant and just plain wrong and silly.

Trying to lump all obama supporters in to one category is so prejudiced. I hope you were being sarcastic. I really do.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SiONiX

I think this is more interesting at that...

In November of 2008, Zogby conducted a 'push poll' at the request of John Ziegler. The poll targeted Obama supporters and asked leading questions with a bias against the candidate they supported, as reported by the Wall Street Journal. According to Ziegler himself, the poll was intended to show that Obama supporters were inept. After an uproar in the press suggested that Zogby had displayed a degree of bias discrediting the company's presumed impartiality, Zogby refused to conduct another push poll also commissioned by Ziegler aimed at McCain supporters.

Im sorry I lost the article to politico but its in there. This is interesting and whats makes it more, Zogby has always ranked McCain and Obama closest, and during the Republican convention, ranked McCain with the widest gap from Obama. In addition the polls conducted were mainly at the request of John Ziegler, a radio talk show host who has worked in conjunction with Matt drudge. Even though it appears that Zielger was prepared to do mccain supporters, well he wound up not having to do it.

Again, lets give the man a chance to be president shall we?

[edit on 22-11-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I get so tired of the whining about losing elections and democrats crying about republicans and republicans crying about democrats. Its really embarressing. Get over it and move on with your lives. lol pathetic.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
122,394,724 people voted in the 2008 presidential election. 51% of those 122,394,724 people voted for Obama.

That means 62,421,309.2 People voted for Obama.

You have called 62,421,309.2 people uneducated soley because 12 people from a video didnt know the answers to some questions. Alot of which had nothing much to do with the presedential election i.e who is barney Frank?

The poll is hardly accurate either. As has been said 512 people does not make for an accurate poll.

Do you not see how calliing the 62,421,309.2 people who voted for obama, uneducated comes off as prejudiced and ignorant?

Perhaps a little research on the subject would have been wise before lumping a group of people into one category is wise.

I can tell you right now if you had done so you would have known not to call 62,421,309.2 people uneducated. It is quite laughable really.

Here is a little information about my family. I, an activity director for a rehabilitation center and have a degree in psychocolgy, voted for obama.

My father, a retired local television producer who has a masters in pyschology and a teaching degree, voted for obama.

My mother who is a registered nurse, has a bachelors in psychology, and her nursing certificate, she voted for obama.

My sister who graduated highschool but never went to college has been working at target for 8 years earning minimum wage. She Voted for McCain.

Anyone can bend and twist things to make a group of people look bad. It doesnt mean its true.

If you wish to be taken seriously then do some research about the facts before you make a thread claiming such ridiculous things, using only a biased video and poll as your back up.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
While I see what you are saying, the same argument can be applied to any candidate. The issue here isn't that Obama supporters are "ignorant" and "stupid", it's that the population itself is.

Its not a secret that the media appeals to buzzwords and drama, rather than actual issues.

I fail to see the need to bring Obama into this, when the same thing would have happened if McCain was elected.

[edit on 11/22/2008 by prototism]

[edit on 11/22/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by SiONiX

That is not so. SIONIX's post makes perfect sense. He/she is not trying to derail anything. SI, was only trying to show that a video could be made to make either side look uneducated. That makes perfect sense for this thread and is in no way off topic.

Nor is it an attempt to derail the thread. Once again his/her post fits in very appropriatley with this thread.

However accusing someone of not making any sense and attempting to derail the thread when there is no evidence to support that, would qualify as an off topic post and as derailing the thread.

Your post serves no purpose to this thread. It has nothing to do with the discussion taking place in this thread. your post even being here has the potential to derail this thread and lead peopel away from the subject at hand.

Isnt that ironic? A post accusing someone of not making sense and trying to derail the thread is the REAL post that makes no sense and is trying to derail the thread.

That said, in order to be on topic and not allow your post to bring this thread any further off topic, as I have said, claiming that all people who voted for any one person are undeducated is just plain silly. It doesnt take much common sense to know better than that.

62,421,309.2 people voted for Obama. All came from different backgrounds, environments, religions, genders, education levels, etc...

to lump all those people into one category is just plain ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks for the bio on your family, but how does that tell us that any of you know anything about Obama's policies? As far as we know, you would do as poorly as the people interviewed on those two videos.

Isnt that ironic? A post accusing someone of not making sense and trying to derail the thread is the REAL post that makes no sense and is trying to derail the thread.

No, it's just your illogical interpretation of the thread.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Obama got elected for one reason.

He gave people Hope.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the bio on your family, but how does that tell us that any of you know anything about Obama's policies? As far as we know, you would do as poorly as the people interviewed on those two videos.

Wow way to take that out of context. I never said it had anything to do with Obamas policies now did I? My question is what do these questions posed in that video have to do with anyones policies? Nothing thats what.

By the way, You forgot to mention the part where I specifically said anyone can twist info to make it look like a group of people are uneducated. That does not make it so though. You misread what I typed. either that or you are just picking and choosing so as to make it look like I dont know what im talking about. You fail though as I will answer the questions. scroll down to see.

I wasnt talking about the whole thread, I was talking about one post in particular. You may have seen it, It was the one I replied to. It was yours I was replying to. It was not aimed at the whole thread. just your post. Twas you who made the illogical interpretation my friend.
Thanks for the laugh. It is a fact that the post made by you earlier has nothing to do with this thread and you know it! if you think it does then please explain how the phrase " you arent making sense, you are just trying to derail the thread" has anything do with a few people not know these trivia questions?

That said. here are the answers to the trivia questions asked in the video. I say trivia becasue they have nothing to do with anyones actuall policy. Its just questiosn of opinion or who said what?

1. Which party currently controls congress?

The democratic party.

2. Who is Barney Frank?

He is a politician. he is in the US house. He represents Massachusetts 4th congressional district.

3. Nanci Pelosi?
Speaker of the house of the United States House of representatives

4. Harry Reid?

Senior US senator/democrat

5.What do I think of barney frank? ( a matter of opinion)

He is a jewish man with a voice that I find somewhat annoying. He is an avid fighter for civil rights. He is openly gay. If im not mistaken he had a gay sex scandla of his own once. All in all I think he is a decent guy.

6. what do I think of Nancy pelosi? (again with opinions)

nancy pelosi is the speaker of the house. I must admit I am a bit dissapointed in her. I thought that once the congress was democratic controlled, the bush admin would have some opposition finally. In my eyes she hasnt done much of anything.

7. What do I think of Harry reid? ( like an opinion of these three people matters when it comes to voting for president)

Harry reid, I dissagree with him on some issues but over all I think he is an ok guy. I think Gay people have the right to get married he doesnt. I am against the death penalty he is for it.

8. Which person wore clothes that their party spent $150,000 on?
Sarah Palin

9. Which has a pregnant teenage daughter?
sarah Palin

10. Who said they could see russia from their house ( a trick question because it doesnt give them the two clips to view) Tina fey or Sara Palin?
Tina fey.

11.Which candidate claimed to have campained in 57 states?

Obama

12. which candidate won their first election by getting their opponents kicked off the ballot?

Before he answered it for us, I was thinking it was obama as well, but in all fairness I wasnt 100% sure

13.Which candidate said that Obama would be tested in the first 6 months by an international crisis?

Joe biden!

14.Which candidate had to quit a past campain because they were found to have plagerized a speech?

Joe biden again.

15.Which candidate would likely bankrupt the coal industry?

Obama according to that clip. I didnt know the answer to this one.

16.Which said the government should redistribute the wealth? (even thought the actual quote said " I think that if we spread the wealth around its good for everybody)

Obama

17. What do you think of bill Ayers? ( opinion again)

I think bill ayers is a former activist who took things to far. Bombs are a no no. He is reformed though and is NOT A TERRORIST! if im not mistaken he is a proffesor now.

18 who do I get my news from?

Its a mix of cnn foxnews, NPR, BBC etc...

I have answered all the questions as best I could. I think I did pretty well.

Now my question for you is what do any of those questions have to do with intelligence or education? The majority have absolotley nothing to do with the 2008 presedential election. The others had some vague relationship to it.

The video was a pointless one. The questions had nothing to do with the policy of any candidates. It was a trivia game is all. Are you satisfied now that an obama supporter has answered these questions correctly? I bet you arent.

john McCain lost fair and square. He conceded because he knew he lost fair and square. He got over the fact that he was beaten by Obama fair and square. Now when am I going to stop seeing people trying to find things to pick on obama ans his supporters for? Are you afraid that you will be left behind because he has different political beliefs?

Do you not realize that he has asked for all the american citizens help to make sure the US gets out of this whole that was dug by the bush admin?

Do you not realize that he wants to fix our country and will use whatever plan neccasary even if it was created by a republican? DO you not realize he has been asking for political advice from John McCain and other republicans?

You have nothing to fear my friend. Obama is a very intelligent man. he is williing to accept help . Are you willing to help get our country back in shape? We were thrown into a pretty deep whole over the last 8 years. We will need all the help we can get to get out of that whole. So what do you say?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
While most of you are arguing the details, I think many of you have missed the more disturbing aspect of this whole thing...

Because I'm quite certain that similar results could have been achieved for McCain supporters, the real issue is why has our electorate become so complacent and ill informed concerning the mechanics and substance of our own form of governance?

It's simply astonishing... :shk:

No free society or democracy can ultimately survive the ignorance of its populous on such a massive scale.

Face it. This is very likely an indication that the future of our nation is toast. Or at the very least, it's an indication that we are in very dangerous territory... We had better figure out how to fix this fast, imo.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by loam]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

That made me laugh. You know that I was reffering to your post and your post alone. I wasnt talking about the whole thread. I found it funny that YOU made a statement saying that someone made no sense and was trying to derail the thread.

It was funny because your post had nothing to do with this thread what so ever and only served to derail the thread. You would know that if you hadnt cut out my full explanation and just picked and chose certain things.

I find it so funny that now you accuse me of making an illogical interpretation of the thread when I wasnt talking about the thread. I was talking about your post where you said

'You make no sense at all, you are just trying to derail the thread"

That is why I hit the quote button and replied to YOU and YOU alone. if I was talking about the whole thread I would have just hit post a reply. You have been here long enough to know that though.

It is so funny because you accuse me of making an illogical inerpretation and yet you dont even know what I am talking about. Twas you who made the illogical interpretation my friend. twas you

I have answered all your questions. yet some how I feel you wont be satisfied. How is it that an Obama supporter could be intelligent and well educated?

Wll if you would not base your opinion on some bias video and poll you might actually learn something usefull and have somethng on topic to add to this thread.

I have answered the trivia questions, I have shown I am an intelligent man, I have shown I am an educated man, do you believe along with the OP that all obama supporters are uneducated? Or have I and the other obama voters in this thread alone proved that statement false?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It is because of stupid threads like this, filled with the most outrageous bias and distorted facts, that I no longer log into ATS on a regular basis.

I actually am embarrassed to be a member of this club.

To the mods -- you can post this response -- or not. It is kind of a challenge. I have a feeling you won't post this, but at least take time to consider the once time famous motto of this website.

It was the spirit of that motto which originally kept me coming back for more.

I am very disappointed in what this site has evolved into. I will check back in a few months to see if things have improved. Now, I am going to quietly slip away.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The thread was about OBAMA SUPPORTERS/VOTERS.

He/she tried to deflect it into a discussion of A VP CANDIDATE.

That's deflection, friend. But I can understand why Obama supporters don't want to hear the real truth as to why he was elected.

It has nothing to do with education levels. An education does not guarantee common sense.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The thread was about OBAMA SUPPORTERS/VOTERS.

He/she tried to deflect it into a discussion of A VP CANDIDATE.

That's deflection, friend. But I can understand why Obama supporters don't want to hear the real truth as to why he was elected.

It has nothing to do with education levels. An education does not guarantee common sense.

Wrong, not deflection at all. the thread is called how obama got elected. the point of the thread was to show using the biased video that obama supporters are stupid..As has been said, but you apparently choose to ignore he/she was showing those other videos to show that it was a biased video and a video could be made to make McCain supporters look uneducated.

That is not deflection in anyway whatsoever. Showing that the video is biased and that you can make a vid to make any group of people look stupid fits very nicely. The OP provided one that makes obama supporters look dumb so he/she provided some that made mcCain supporters look dumb. It was appropriate for this thread, wheter you like it or not. Just because you disagree does not make it deflection.

There was no deflection what so ever on there part.

Perhaps though you would like to explain how the post where you said"your post makses no sense and you are trying to derail the thread" makes sense for this thread and what IT has to do with anything on this thread.

Im sure you cant because it has nothing to do with this thread. That is how I meant it when I pointed out the irony that is your accusing some one of derailing the thread.

As for the truth as to why he was elected? what truth are you reffering to? I hope you are not calling over 62 million people uneducated. That is a very prejudiced statement. quite frankly to lump a group of people into one category is just plain silly.

How can you possibly think that over 62 million people who came from different backgrounds, environments, cultures, races, religions genders are all uneducated?

There is no truth in that video. any one who jumps to the conclusion that because 12 people didnt know answers to trivia questions, that all obama supporters must be uneducated,comes across as just plain silly and ignorant.

the TRUTH is that obama supporters just like McCain supporters come from all different places, different cultures, different races, different religions, different genders, different families, different environments. The truth is that calling all obama supporters uneducated is WRONG and is ignorant as can be.

The truth is not in that video, nor in that poll. as has been said, 512 people does not make for an accurate poll.

you have shown great ignorance and arrogance by trying to indicate that all obama supporters are the same. Surely you understand that no two people are the same.

Surely you realize that this isnt the year 1903. As for common sense, mabye you could use some.If you think any group of people is uneducated or is somehow inferior because they voted for someone that you didnt vote for, well, that only makes you look uneducated and with out common sense my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join