It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inhofe: Cancel the 'blank check'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe said Saturday that Congress was not told the truth about the bailout of the nation's financial system and should take back what is left of the $700 billion "blank check'' it gave the Bush administration.

"It is just outrageous that the American people don't know that Congress doesn't know how much money he (Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson) has given away to anyone,'' the Oklahoma Republican told the Tulsa World.

"It could be to his friends. It could be to anybody else. We don't know. There is no way of knowing.''

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source:tulsaworld.com

And how many of us saw this coming? Congress doesn't know exactly how much of the record $700,000,000,000.00 bailout has been given and to whom. Yes there are records to a lot of it. But Paulson could be giving his friends, colleagues, George W Bush, Dick Cheny, and others millions and or billions of dollars without congress even knowing about it.

For those who thought that this bailout was a great idea let me thank you
I doubt it's going to be too long before we find out that bailout money being misappropriated to people that have no right or no entitlement to those funds.

I was sure that the bailout was just a last ditch effort by this administration to bankrupt our country before leaving office. It's starting to look as at least one senator is waking up to that possibility as well.

Sorry Legislative branch, the Executive branch is taking you for a ride. I wonder when y'all are going to realise that a lot of this money is going to end up in Crawford TX, KBR, Halliburton, and other Bush and Co interests.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Fighting fire with fire only creates more... you guessed it. Fire.
Exact same thing is fighting debt with more debt, its amazing how ignorant the general public has to be to actually thought this for one minute would work. If anyone has any general understanding of the world, this would of instantly set a red flag, just as it did for me the first time I heard about this trash trying to get passed.

There is really nothing can be done at this point besides taking care of yourself and loved ones first, and venting about this second.
Its just a shame that people have gone this far, I've always been the kind of person to stop when someone has a flat beside the road, and most of the time end up doing 90% of the work and almost get irritated when they try to pay me.
Meet 99.9% of these people beside the road, and they will laugh and order the driver to neutral drop the limo to throw rocks and mud on you.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
That Bush would do this isn't the astounding part, of course this is exactly what I for one expect of him

So here is the mind boggling part... CONGRESS IS SHOCKED! and it's JUST NOW dawning on their teeny weeny collective mind that maybe ,perhaps,there is a slight chance that Bush MIGHT be pulling the wool over their eyes AGAIN !

Bush was wrong if you fool them once they can get fooled again..and again

So I just can't wait to see what happens when the idea sinks all the way in..ummm,let me make a prediction....NOTHING

I know it's stupid but I write regular emails to elected officials just to tell them that they are the dumb ones not me,at least I said it , for the record

new topics

join