It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neuroimaging Of Brain Shows Who Spoke To A Person And What Was Said

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hi all , a friend of mine brought this cool article to my attention.. i thought it was interesting enough to share it with the ATS community

Here's an excerpt :

Scientists from Maastricht University have developed a method to look into the brain of a person and read out who has spoken to him or her and what was said. With the help of neuroimaging and data mining techniques the researchers mapped the brain activity associated with the recognition of speech sounds and voices. In their Science article "'Who' is Saying 'What'? Brain-Based Decoding of Human Voice and Speech," the four authors demonstrate that speech sounds and voices can be identified by means of a unique 'neural fingerprint' in the listener's brain. In the future this new knowledge could be used to improve computer systems for automatic speech and speaker recognition.

www.redicecreations.com...
Please visit the link for the full article

Looks like a nice tool for interrogators

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Alundra]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

Great, my wife is gonna get a hold of one of those and prove beyond doubt that I never listen to her.

I'm sure the CIA has ordered a couple for interrogations.
No more water-boarding I guess, there, silver lining identified.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i would rather see the didn't invented it. Can we have a little privacy?

There will always be people who will try to abuse it ...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
yeah the question is do we really need/want this sort of technology?

ahem

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hmm..... kinda scary, but I think the benefits will outweigh the risks. I hope so anyway. I sure can see how it could be misused.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Great article... I wonder if our brains send out thought signals so that other higher lifeforms can understand everything we think and say?

This just reminds me of some info regarding people wearing tin foil hats, aliens... perhaps a higher intelligence than us already has this capability?

great find

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The research was partly funded by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO): Two of the four authors, Elia Formisano and Milene Bonte carried out their research with an NWO grant (Vidi and Veni). The data mining methods were developed during the PhD research of Federico De Martino (doctoral thesis defended at Maastricht University on 24 October 2008).

With a NWO grant?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow. this is increcible!!!!! think of the implications! Gets rid of the need for the oh-so-inconclusive lie detector now doesn't it? It's only a matter of time before they'll be able to exact entire truths from you without knowing. I picture those guys driving around listening like in V, except they know our thoughts now.........(if you think how science expands, it would only be a matter of time before the ability arises)

new topics

top topics

join