It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does your lifeline say? Is it accurate?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have always been curious about palm reading - specifically in the lifeline and if there is any real correlation between it's length and the length of someone's life.

The lifeline offers much more information than just length of life and I think it would be fascinating to do a non-scientific study on the accuracy of our lifelines.

The Life Line represents your vitality and the length of your life. This is the most important line on your hand and will always be present. The Life Line is the easiest to recognize and helps to determine where your other lines are. Generally if the line swoops down to about an inch above the base of the palm, then it shows a life expectancy of about 70 years for women, and 60-65 for men.

This line begins on the edge of the palm, between the index finger and the thumb. It extends across the middle of the palm and wraps around the base of the thumb.

Special markings on this line indicate specific events which occurred in your life. The line can be divided into three parts to help judge when certain events occurred or might occur: (1) represents youth, (2) represents adult, (3) represents old age.

www.ofesite.com...

Please visit the link, look at your palm and the photos provided in the link and let me know if the lines in your palm seem to be an accurate description of your life so far.

Jemison

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Jemison]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm going to take a guess and say mine is accurate. My life line breaks off and floats away from it's base. It's short and not long. I think it reflects my poor health and what I expect to be a shortened life pretty well.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm going to take a guess and say mine is accurate. My life line breaks off and floats away from it's base. It's short and not long. I think it reflects my poor health and what I expect to be a shortened life pretty well.

That makes me sad and I hope that you are wrong as I greatly enjoy reading your posts and find you to be one of the most valuable members of ATS!

My father had a short life line and he lived to be 72. I believe that his lifeline stopped in the area that represented his 40's. He was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 34 and everyone says that he was a different person after his diagnosis. In his youth he was easy-going and very social but once he was diagnosed he became very angry and focused solely on his career. I think his drive was to ensure that if anything happened to him my Mom and my brother and I would be provided for. He was successful in accomplishing that goal but many people say that the diagnosis of his diabetes was the death of his personality.

The reason I explained all of that is because your short life line could be more about the death of a certain trait as opposed to the end of your life. And the trait that dies doesn't always have to be a positive one - it could be a bad trait or a bad habit that dies.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Jemison .. you are sweet!

Mine looks strange. Different from the pictures. I'd need a professional to sit and look at it. It breaks and floats . It's strange - like it's forked and that I have two life lines but one fork is very short and thin whereas the other is deep. But both are short. Kinda like a 'Y' but one of the forks is shorter and lighter. (but both are short.).

Guess I'm strange. (no surprise there!)

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I tried to edit my original post to include what I see in my lifeline but it didn't appear so I'll try again.

My lifeline does seem to show an extended period of health issues and then it appears to clear up. I have a long history of migraine headaches and was diagnosed in February '08 with an AVM in my brain. Doctors dont know if that is what caused the migraines but you are born with AVM's, they don't just appear, so it's possible the AVM and migraines are linked.

I had gamma knife surgery on the AVM in my brain in May. It can take up to 3 years for the radiation to do it's thing on the AVM, if it's going to work at all. If I were to 'guess' the outcome of the surgery based on my lifeline, I would say that the gamma knife surgery will be successful and eliminate the AVM and my health will improve.

I have my first CT scan to monitor the AVM in December and then will have them every three months. Should be interesting to see if my lifeline is accurate in this regard.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Uhh,.. Upon further examination it would appear that I do not have a life line on either hand.

I’m not trying to be cute here just concerned. Haha..

The only line I have on both hands extends to the far sid of my index finger so I know that’s not it.
Help me.. Do I exist??

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Uhh,.. Upon further examination it would appear that I do not have a life line on either hand.

Are you serious? Did you look at all of the photos in that thread to see the different ways that lifelines can appear? I think I'll have to do a google search to see if you exist or are just a figment of my imagination.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What happens if you are born with no hands?

This leads me to believe palm reading is bogus.....just my opinion

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah I'm serious as a heart attack. HAHA

I mean I know I’m making light of it but I have to admit I’m really curious.

There is ABSOLUTLY no line whatsoever in any of those positions shown.

I even searched the internet but to no avail.

Like I said the only line I have that starts there at the points shown travels at a high angle to my index fingers on both hands. The lines end around the first line of the fingers.
I guess that means I have no life.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

What happens if you are born with no hands?

Simple - you use phrenology to predict your future as explained here:
en.wikipedia.org...

While searching for no lifelines I found another really good site that shows how to read your palm but I still haven't found what no life line means.

hubpages.com...

Jemison

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

They may have a school for nub reading.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This sucks!

Im supposed to be like everyone else and here I am once again not fitting in!
It's a life line fore PETES SAKE I should atleast have that much!

I feel like the odd man out when I veiw these web pages about life lines.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The Health Line deals with the material well being as much as the physical.
This is especially so when the Life Line may be missing or faint. If a person has very faint fate, fame and success lines, then the Health Line also plays a strong part in the development of material wealth.

From the same site but different area: www.ofesite.com...

I'll see what else I can find about a lack of a lifeline. I'm just as curious as you are about it!

And yes, I bet a nub reading school exists somewhere in the world! LOL

Jemison

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Simple - you use phrenology to predict your future as explained here:
en.wikipedia.org...

Ah ok

It says that it is not used anymore, maybe a little outdated, but an interesting read nonetheless

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well this is just great.. I’m either a freakish immortal or I was never born. More than likely however I just didn’t receive the seal of approval upon my birth and slipped past the inspection team.

I must say, A faint life line would be something, however I’m leaning toward nothing at all.
Just a big vacant area where life should be.

Maybe I can create an artificial life line to be apart of the group? HAHA

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It says that it is not used anymore, maybe a little outdated, but an interesting read nonetheless

Sorry, I didn't mean to be taken seriously on that. I included the link in case people didn't know what phrenology was, not as a true alternative method to palm reading. I honestly don't know what people would rely on if they were approached to do a palm reading by someone who didn't have any hands.

Well this is just great.. I’m either a freakish immortal or I was never born. More than likely however I just didn’t receive the seal of approval upon my birth and slipped past the inspection team.

Now, now. Don't get yourself all worked up. We'll figure out what is happening with you. I have a feeling that not having a lifeline is a good sign rather than a bad one.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Mine sounds right on, "A break represents a sudden change in life style, an accident or an illness" looks exactly like the picture and what is described is right on.

delius

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Vague beginnings to life lines indicate an illness in infancy, a hard birth, or even an element of mystery around life's start, like a closed adoption.

www.associatedcontent.com...

That kind of creeps me out. My twin daughters were born two months early and were in and out of the hospital for the first six months of their lives. I just looked at their palms and they both have very vague lines at the beginning. Mine is also very vague and though I was healthy as an infant I was adopted (in a closed adoption) at birth!

Still looking into lack of lifelines.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
maybe a lack of a life line means you tend to fly under the radar.
I do like to maintain a low profile and honestly I'm what you would call a loner by nature.

I can be social when I have to but for the most part I enjoy solitude.

I dont know just my off the wall opinion

[edit on 22-11-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Well I havent had any health problems. Never had any broken bones, Cavities or serious illness ever, I'm 35 now so maybe it will catch up.

Thats genetic not mystical. Though I would just love to entertain flights of fancy where my health is concerned still lack of a life line should mean I am either very very ill or dead.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join