It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas news does 10 minute news story on an alien abducted local

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Her name is Jane Nelms and she claims to be abducted repeatedly by aliens. Her story may not be unique but what i find most interesting is that a news station would spend so much time covering her story seriously. I am not familiar with any of my local news stations ever even mentioning something so far from main stream.

news video

Just another person gone off the deep end or does she seem to be the real deal?
Do you think we can expect other news stations to cover news stories like this?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm no longer going to trust my gut instinct on these matters (thanks Greer
). She had something to show as evidence (the claw marks) which were barely commented on.

There's really no way to know at this point. But it's another brick in the wall.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrRviewer

we've already got a long thread on this one,friend

Alien abduction news coverage

[edit on 11/22/2008 by the seeker_713g]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

very sorry for the double then. i just watched it from a group of stories sent to me. I checked here and didn't see it. figured it was odd that it wasn't and thought i'd share. cool story and i hope they interview her more. They seem to be respectful and not bashing her at all which is nice for a change.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by mrRviewer]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I believe the media is well aware that UFO stories bring a larger audience then "average-everyday-muck" stories. As intelligent people here at ATS, we still need to be aware of this concept.

Do I find it strange that this local new station ran their abducted story for ten minutes? I do because that is not an average length for a media type snippet of something unexplainable (Ghosts, UFOs, etc). But I will tell you this: Those people watching the program at the time or who just tuned it, I bet they did not change the channel.

Isn't that a business practice for television stations? Keep the watcher/listener plugged in? I believe so.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mrRviewer

'tis cool my friend; just didn't want you to miss all the other info, for it is good that the media is actually treating ms nelms with fairness and not ridicule.

seeker

new topics

top topics

join