It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ITC and EVP - real or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Now I have been aware of ITC and EVP phenomena for a couple of years. I have been reading about this stuff, but I am not yet sure about this. Therefore I am asking: What does the ATS think about this?

Electronic voice phenomena (EVP) are sections of static noise on the radio or electronic recording that some listeners believe sound like voices speaking words; paranormal investigators sometimes interpret these noises as the voices of ghosts or spirits. Recording EVP has become a technique of those who attempt to contact the souls of dead loved ones or during ghost hunting activities. According to parapsychologist Konstantin Raudive, who popularized the idea, EVP are typically brief, usually the length of a word or short phrase.

Wikipedia: Electronic voice phenomena

Of course I could do ITC and EVP experiments myself, but then again I have a lot more stuff to do, and I gotta say that this stuff would frighten me if I was to hear the dead speaking directly to me.

Especially this Claus Schreiber's ITC video of a smiling woman seems to good to be true - I would expect ITC video to have a bit more random noise? But this one even starts to smile between frames! Hoax or not?

Here is some more information about Claus Schreiber:

Claus Schreiber began to receive spirit images on his TV set in 1985, including the faces of scientist Albert Einstein, Austrian actress Romy Schneider, and various departed family members, especially his two deceased wives and daughter Karin, with whom he was particularly close. His technique, set up by his colleague Martin Wenzel, involved aiming a videocamera at the television and feeding the output of the camera back into the TV, in order to achieve a feedback loop. The result was a churning mist on the screen out of which the spirit faces would slowly form over a period of many frames. Schreiber’s spectacular results were the subject of a TV documentary and book by popular radio-television commentator Rainer Holbe in nearby Luxembourg, in 1985.

World ITC: Claus Schreiber

So what is the generic idea about ITC and EVP here? Have any of you ever tried it? Do you think it is real? Should I try it one day?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I will be trying it pretty soon. I got a BR micro recorder recently (digital recorder geared for music recording), and other various mics, a cheap $400 video camera. We'll see!

join