It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any Christians actually do other research on the early roots of Chritianity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I was just wondering whether or not you do and if so what have you found. I found that a majority has been ripped off from other religions, there is a history of cannibalism and sacrifice in it's early roots, and that people went through a lot to cover up the truth about actual history just to make sure that people believe that it all happend through the Christian eyes.
I have even read in many books that Jesus was never a real man as such in the bible but only taken from the historical Pharoh Akenoten(I know I spelt that wrong).
I'm not trying to offend, I was just wondering if you take the bible world for word and that is what really happend?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The bible and christianity, and such social groups and doctrines are not religions about GOD. Orginized Religion is a socialization group of conformity. However true "Religion" is personal, and each man has their own religion, and it is that personal religion that is your personalized relationship with Our Father.

If you want to listen to a man go on about what you should do to be found "worthy" in hopes that he'll get a handout to buy more coffee and dounuts, then go to church.

However if you want a personal relationship with your creator go into your closet and within yourself without making a peep of sound externally call out to God.

If you want nationalisim and mythologic spin pick up the bible or koran. If you want truths flip through the urantia papers.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
think about this

what if heaven and hell are invented by religions

[i am not suggesting ghosts dont happen - we dont have an explantation for those but something certainly happens and I am not suggesting that people dont have paranormal experiences - again we dont have enough information about these but they are real enough]

still that does not mean there is actually a heaven nad a hell - and well if i wanted to make money off preaching i would certainly invent those and charge you lot money now to get into heaven and to stay out of hell - none of you can prove i did not make these up - can you?

what a great way - charge people money for something I invented that no one can prove or disprove?

and soul too - i dont know if i believe a soul exists as such - i mean in Budhism the soul dissipates on the death of the individuals and a new soul forms from parts of many souls - so if there is no soul how can my soul go to hell or heaven? again - what a great thing to invent and charge people money to save a soul that never existed in the first place

not to confuse soul with whatever it is that makes us alive and have memories etc.

i believe heaven and hell and soul are all hoaxes and I can be good just because i prefer to be a good person and I dont need a stick or a carrot to make me choose to be a good person

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Im in total agreement here with you Incarnated.

A relation between the man and the maker, personal and pure without seeking the gratification of others for your relation.

Well said,
LV

Its the titles and groupings that separate us. If one seeks truly for Thee, of Thee, with Thee....only Thee knows.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
. However true "Religion" is personal, and each man has their own religion, and it is that personal religion that is your personalized relationship with Our Father.

However if you want a personal relationship with your creator go into your closet and within yourself without making a peep of sound externally call out to God.

Yes, true religion is personal and is a personal relationship with Our Father in our prayer closet.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
I was just wondering whether or not you do and if so what have you found. I found that a majority has been ripped off from other religions, there is a history of cannibalism and sacrifice in it's early roots, and that people went through a lot to cover up the truth about actual history just to make sure that people believe that it all happend through the Christian eyes.
I have even read in many books that Jesus was never a real man as such in the bible but only taken from the historical Pharoh Akenoten(I know I spelt that wrong).
I'm not trying to offend, I was just wondering if you take the bible world for word and that is what really happend?

Friend, I know you are not trying to offend. Well, neither am I, but I have to tell you you need to study some more. Christianity did not "rip off" other religions, nor is there a history of canibalism (although the Romans did accuse Christians of this, because they didn't understand the terminology of the Church), nor was there ANY attempt to cover up what the Faith was about.

The "Christ Myth" theory you have been reading is laughed at by historians and Biblical scholars. Akenhaten was not the model for Jesus, nor was Mithras, Horus, Osirus, or any of the other myriad of ancient religious figures that the real conspiracy mongers try to tar and feather Him with.

If you would like, I can recomend a few good, scholarly books that can correct the misinformation you have run across. As to my qualifications to recommend these books, please note my signature at the bottom of this post.

top topics

join