It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twilight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Just got done seeing Twilight! It was pretty close too the book. It added two scenes just to show the bad guys being bad before you are supposed to see them. But the acting was good, the story stuck close to the book. But like most books to movies it left some thing out. But if you liked the book then you'll like the movie. The place was packed! Two people were walking around for about twenty minutes until they finally found two seats like five rows away. Not fun hearing the guy complain about it but oh well.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

$70 million domestic gross this weekend, it looks like the other books will be made into movies. Vampires sell! I can't wait for the new "Dark Shadows" film with Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Okay, I don't really know what possessed the writer of this screenplay to make it so horrible (was it the source material?), because the dialog is just so bad that I laughed at serious moments. There's a lot of intentional humor, mostly in the beginning when Bella and Edward feel like awkward teens in love. I guess the movie moved along okay, because I wasn't bored at all. I was either laughing at how stupid the dialog was, laughing at some of the mildly funny jokes, or getting pulled in by the electric chemistry between Stewart and Pattinson.

Disney 100 Years

Cartoon77

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
what an awesome movie.

this one is going to take out the 2008/09 awards.

and who cares about the dialogue? i hate hearing teenagers speaking with a sophistication way beyond their years.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I went and saw Bond while my wife and her g/f's saw it, hehe....

I can't wait for the new "Dark Shadows" film with Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins.

I'm a huge Dark Shadows fan...but I fail to see how you could even attempt to capture the feel of the subject in even a 3 hour movie... (and while I know Depp has the acting chops to pull off Barnabus...he doesn't really have the look for it)...

They tried to bring it back as a series in the 90's (I think), with Ben Cross (who was perfect for it), but just wasn't the right time or marketing for it...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The TV series remake was a bad idea, but the movie will have Tim Burton directing it. He did a great job with the movie "Sleepy Hollow", giving it the feel that the story needed. I think they can pull it off, like the vampire flick "Interview with the Vampire" was with Tom Cruise.

They did Dark Shadows as a 90 minute theatrical release in the 1970s with Jonathan Frid, and that movie wasn't very good.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The problem is, the storylines of Dark Shadows took seasons of a one hour show, to flesh out... To make a movie, you'd have to really pick one story arc (most likely the Victoria Winters/Barnabus arc) and then compact the hell out of it. For me, the magic of the series was the build up, and cliffhangers (ala shows like Lost and Heroes now), and time it took for the realizations. But, if anyone can make it work, that team can...and I'd still go see it, no doubt.

For anyone who hasn't seen the original, they should check it out...it was even before my time (my mom used to rush home from school to see it), but I was lucky to catch it when SciFi ran it in the mornings, and I used to work nights...(many years ago)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I do agree that the movie will have to be a different set-up than the old soap opera. I think the characters are interesting enough to warrant a movie. As long as the Gothic look of the series is there, and the actors are serious with the material, I am looking forward to the movie.

I do remember a story arc in which Barnabas was chained in his coffin for a few weeks. I guess Mr Frid wanted to take some vacation time, and that was the way they could come up with his absence.

It looks like we will see the Twilight sequel before the Dark Shadows movie. There is a lot of money to be made in vampire movies.

top topics

join