It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mortgage meltdown results in pets going to pound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Mortgage meltdown results in pets going to pound

www.cnn.com

Furry signs of a down-trending economy peer dolefully from every kennel at the Broward County Humane Society shelter in Florida and hundreds of others across the country.

Bentley was given up by his owners because they could no longer afford him, a Florida shelter says.

1 of 3 Bentley, a 3-year-old Lhasa apso, was given up by his owners because they just couldn't afford to keep him any more.

Tinkerbell, a sweet, docile house cat, was surrendered by her owners after they found out that they had lost their home.

With foreclosures disrupting life, from the family house down to the dog house, and as Americans toil through a tough economic landscape, some of their pets face an even bleaker future in the pound.

"People lose their homes and have to move to apartments that don't accept pets, so they give them up," says Cheryl McAuliffe, a spokeswoman for the Georgia State Humane Society
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here's an example of how the news is involved in a conspiracy to demoralize society. Our country faces an extreme crysis where millions of people are losing their jobs and homes, meanwhile person A at cnn is writing a story about how sad it is that they will not get to keep their pets. I'd have to say this reporter doesn't give a *ats-censored*.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
At first my thoughts are how can these people give up a family pet like that? I mean they are going to be somewhere, why can't the pet be there too? But I am reminded that if this happened to me, I would not be able to keep mine either, only one hotel here allows pets and it is over 100 per night, I could'nt afford it, and I don't know anyone who could or would take on my pets. As sad as it would be I would be forced to give them up. But I would have to accept the FACT that if I put them in a pound, most likely they will be euthanized within a couple of weeks. Ouch. I don't know, I might just sleep with them in the car first!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't really see what your problem is that this is being reported. It seems nowadays people have a problem with just about everything and anything.

But to comment on the article, it is pretty damn sad. I hate to see animals being mistreated or at the pound. I couldn't even go to the pound to get my current animal because I always burst in tears when I see a bunch of hopeless animals in cages...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mls11.11

How freakin sad. I cannot stand to see an animal in the pound, it breaks me heart. I don't have a problem with this being reported as news, it is news. Personally I would live in the woods or car with my dogs before I would let them be killed by a pound, my pets are my family and my family is not going to be thrown away because of money. But then again, I wouldn't have taken a loan for a home I couldn't afford either.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mls11.11

I fail to see how this being reported would 'demoralize society'. If anything it should evoke feelings that would be far from demoralized. Please exlpain how you think this.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
what is done with animals is a problem, i'm not arguing with that. I just think that when people are in a situation where they are losing everything they worked for it is common courtesy not to barge in and start writing novels about their pets.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mls11.11
what is done with animals is a problem, i'm not arguing with that. I just think that when people are in a situation where they are losing everything they worked for it is common courtesy not to barge in and start writing novels about their pets.

Yeah...you are way off the ledge. Nobody is barging in and writing novels about pets and demeaning the plight of people in doing so.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm emphasizing the act of bringing up an unrelated issue in a disaster. In this case the disaster is the depression, relative topics would be about people losing their business.

"Nobody is barging in and writing novels"

I don't know who nobody is but they should change the title to pets and the great depression, but then the victims might think the article was comparing them to pets, which is why i do not take the article serious and refer to it as a novel, spoof, etc.

top topics

join