It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how would you make money and take advantage during economic crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i been doing a lot of thinking about this..
if i was rich i would spend in africa
what do you think? how would you take advantage

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I would start offering people a way to make money!! Taking advantage of desperation.

Whether they actually made money or not is no concern to me, I already got paid for their free sign-up.

The internet is great for this method.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Go to the banks and real estate people and offer to clean up and clean out all the abandoned foreclosed houses...whats absolutely no good just haul off to the dump... if it has any worth at all take it to a flea market or post it on eBay...simple the banks pay you to clean up and you take the crap you find and make a few more dollars...

My brother in law did that back in the 80's during the last recession

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

How would you make money and take advantage during economic crash?

You could try a protection racket amongst the homeless. That way they are forced to steal; it keeps them busy, ensures they get a regular income, and increases your wealth, which in turn could be invested in more serious business ventures such as human trafficking (which might generate significant turnover giving room for expansion into the arms trade once you see the recession out).

You could also try politics, but that's only for those with no conscience whatsoever.

Nothing like an economic collapse for bringing the best out of people...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I would start offering people a way to make money!! Taking advantage of desperation.

Whether they actually made money or not is no concern to me, I already got paid for their free sign-up.

The internet is great for this method.

Man that just really is a bad attitude if you ask me.
Kind of an exploiter type attitude.
I mean the fact you say whether they actually made money or not is no concern to you kind of says you don't mind telling lies on the internet.
And you think that's funny?
Taking advantage of short selling in financial markets fair enough.
Everyone does it.
But to flat out lie to people on the internet to make yourself rich at someone elses expense?
The world surely needs more people like you right?

[edit on 22-11-2008 by CaptainCaveMan]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I was listening to this guy on art bell one night, he was going on about the business cycles, the short cycles (recessions), and the longer ones (depressions). He said that the depressons run in about 80 yr cycles....that about the amount of time that the newer technologies get developed, introduced, exported around the world, reach saturation (everyone has it), and well, the newer technologies are bubbling under the surface waiting to take off. the countries that latch onto these technologies and are sucessfull at developing them will be the leaders of the next economy.
so, I guess I'd try going with the green energies or virtual reality...something like that.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wow, just Wow. The reason the world is an a bucket of s%$t right now is because of this type of exploitative attitude. No disrespect meant to the OP, but this is so typical of how Big Business took advantage of the masses and put everyone in the pit we are currently trying to dig out of. Desperation can do so much damage to people when they are trying to feed their familes and put a roof over their heads, and the situation is so exploitable. What we need is some of the big fat cats to lend a hand and support the people who they have made their billions off of the backs of.

Just my 2 cents worth

[edit on 22-11-2008 by dredz]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What part of "CRASH" do you not understand?

There will be NO MONEY.

If you plan to take advantage of the world in the near future and you do not already own your own island and Military, forget it.

If you plan to survive it is going to take selfless service and an attitude of beyond the family, and within the community. No easy ways out other than into a nice cozy FEMA detention center or a body bag.

Strat thinking not how I can take advantage, but how can I help myself and my fellow humans?

Sheeze, grow up quick please.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Oops Mybad, I did not see your post as the dry humor it was intended to be. I stopped after the homeless line, your right though, to keep a sense of humor no matter what we may face in the future.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
DREDZ: Yeah, but when big biz did it to them they b**ched and moaned. However, it's obvious they are cut from the same cloth...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

It reminds me of those classified adds where you send 2 dollars for a work at home job information pack, what you get back is instructions to to post an add telling people to send you their two dollars for instructions to do the same.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

So you get body bag to, I thought you only got plastic box with friends. All right what if you make money and help people at same time, I would want to get some thing out of deal, at least another planet or moon something.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yes you could also start a security guard company like Blackwater, once this happens they will go into pivate sector, for cattle control. Just make sure on winning side.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I know the best way to make money in any economic down cycle is to write books and do DVDs about the economic apocalypse. People are guaranteed to buy them
They don't need to be real, you see. Just promote doom and gloom. And then you can fish them out of the closest and sell them again during the next down turn.

Doom & Gloom is always in style during recessions.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I spent some time researching this.

In Argentina after the crash, people made money offering private security to neighborhoods and homes. A look at the wealthy in Mexico shows that most of them employ guards that are heavily armed. Those with any type of wealth will want to be safe. I think ex-military, off-duty cops and EMT's will do very well.

I would assume installing alarm systems, security doors and windows would be another decent business. High on the list would be installing solar energy systems as would any type of repair business (appliances, shoes, cars, etc.), seamstress, gunsmith, cooking (as in a chef and from scratch), gardener and bringing any type of goods into the black market for sale or barter.

I think being able to teach someone a valuable skill or trade would be a big money maker.

I am convinced that those who are running a successful small business now will likely be running some type of successful endeavor after the crash. It isn't really the good idea as much as it is a strong work ethic.

Besides, I think after all this, most people won't be so fixated on money. I believe our worship of wealth will end and we will (hopefully) begin to appreciate thriftiness, self-reliance and living small. I think we're going to see a tremendous shift in consciousness and what drives us as a culture.

People that were laughing at me about establishing a vegetable garden and growing dwarf fruit trees are now calling me for advice. I am hoping that this trend continues and we see more community effort at survival -- as in community gardens, security, markets, etc.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
an economic crash is not the same as the financial crash going on around us now.

but, as a sort of proof that gold & prescious metals will be the way to go...
i use the current 'Million Dollar Portfilio' game on CNBC...

i have a game portfilio which has only 'Gold & PM' stocks in it.
the tickers are as follows:
AUY, GG, GOLD, IAG. SLW

in the course of the last week, my stocks gained $182,000.
putting my entry at the 6,500th position out of some +100,000 entries.

for this week i made out pretty well,
but who can tell what next week will bring ?
i'm into gold stocks for the long haul...if no gains are to be realized,
then there should be at least wealth preservation at the minimum

And i suggest this strategy i am using, will work in the real world too...
bone up on major gold producer stocks to ride out the crisis

[edit on 23-11-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And what if there is no one to buy your gold? What if this recession turns into a global economic meldown?

Wealth means nothing if you are starving to death. In the heirarchy of human needs, people will not trade their last can of beans for all the gold in the world. The demand for certain luxury items will plummet because people will be focused on meeting their basic survival needs.

If things get bad enough, the only shiny stuff people will want will come with a full metal jacket.

In Argentina, people who invested heavily in gold found that it held the same value as junk gold jewelry. Of course, if you could take it out of the country and to another location where the economy was strong, you could live quite nicely. You could probably buy a tract of land with gold, and then it would have value.

But what if there is no place to go? What if the entire world is in bad shape? Stockpiling precious metals, ammo or even food is not a long term solution. A self-sustaining lifestyle is.

If it a long, protracted global depression, gold may not have much value after the first year.

By the way, did you realize that ounce for ounce, seeds are actually more valuable than gold? And the intrinsic value is priceless.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I can only pray that you wrote this as a joke. You have got to be kidding. What the hell kind of person would even consider taking advantage of others like that.

and human trafficking...OMG that has got to be the lowest, inhuman thought I ever heard of.

Like I said, I sure hope that was a joke, although shame on you because you probably just gave some sicko a great idea.

Originally posted by pause4thought

How would you make money and take advantage during economic crash?

You could try a protection racket amongst the homeless. That way they are forced to steal; it keeps them busy, ensures they get a regular income, and increases your wealth, which in turn could be invested in more serious business ventures such as human trafficking (which might generate significant turnover giving room for expansion into the arms trade once you see the recession out).

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Holy cow my friend! It's was satire.

When folly reaches such heights sometimes the only way to bring it home is to take it to its logical conclusion.

(The clue was in my signature...)

new topics

top topics

join