It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are emo's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just another label kids give themselves to feel legitimate.

Why cant people just 'be'?

Giving oneself a label only encourages phony-ness as one is compelled to live the image, it becomes an act, just another masquerade.
Young people like to emulate their musical gods and to fit into a stereotypical image, like it gives a sense of belonging amongst like minded wannabees.

Just be yourself, you dont need the act.

Young people are also prone to fantasy thinking in their own world of ignorance, well, as you grow up that is beaten out of you. Like a stallion you become broken, then you look back and wish you were that miserable teenager again who had no real responsibilities.

I have writers block now, I have no idea what I am talking about, I feel so sad about that, I want to (select one)
-cry,
-cut myself,
-take depressingly serious pics of myself and post them on the net,
-become bulimic,
-drink lots of milk and express my lactose intolerance,
-scare babies,
-eat suicidal hot wings till my nose runs, then keep eating them,
-try heroin,
-complain about something,
-not bathe,
-post this post of exceptional low quality.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I love emo girls. At first they try and look sophisticated and hip but if you tell them a real dirty joke, buy them a drink, first thing you know...well you know....

Underneath that black exterior is a passionate hippy that just needs a little lovin and jokin. It only takes about a week or so till they're wearin Tyedye and dancing like a voodoo queen to Widespread Panic.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Sad thing is, some of the original bands that started the 'trend' weren't half bad.

I can remember listening to Sunny Day Real Estate and early Matchbook Romance when it was still classified under punk and loving it.

Then the mainstream took hold of it, and horrible posers (albeit with a good business mind) like Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance etc. began to pop up and turned a good percentage of the generation after mine into the eyeliner, razor-blade collecting weirdos they are today.

It's like one of them bad trends that you'd wish just go away, until before you know it half the people that used to hate it with you are washed away in the trend as well.

Seconding whaaa though... 'emo' girls are hawt.

<< 1   >>

join