It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

short ron paul conversation i had with an ex senator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
im going to leave the name of the ex senator out, im not sure if people in the goverment read this site but here is a conversation i had with him, be it a short one.

i have known this ex senator for about 8 years, hes a nice guy, honest, hard working and a very charismatic. i recently stumbled into him at a store and after some little chit chat i asked him what he thought about ron paul. im a huge ron paul supporter and i was curious as to what a man in goverment thought. he immediately told me, "ron paul is a nutcase and a racist one at that". i was shocked to put it mildely. i responded with "really"? then he told me, "yes, ive read some of his earlier works and he is a racist". now i know about rons earlier works that he didnt write that were racist and i think he might not of know that. or maybe im missing something, i dont think so as i have done my research on dr.paul. i didnt argue with the ex senator because well, im only 23 and he is well, alot older and smarter than me so i just nodded my head. there was no way i was going to argue with him, not to mention hes about 6 inches taller then me lol.

its sad to think that some politcians think this way about ron paul. ah well, ron will always be in my heart, a common kid just going to college.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by truthwillneverberevealed

These are what your talking about right?

CNN ARTICAL

Maybe the ex senator believes he did write them.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by lucidclouds]

[edit on 21-11-2008 by lucidclouds]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It is admirable that you respect the Senator's privacy, but it's difficult to develop an informed opinion on the matter with so little information.

If the Senator in question is a Republican from Texas who might have had occasion to communicate with Dr. Paul more frequently and more openly than say, a Democratic Senator from Hawaii, that would carry a lot more weight obviously.

I can however say that those articles printed under Dr. Paul's name bother me even if he never believed one thing written in them, and never penned it himself.

The thing is, it's very common for somebody to write something for a president, and then for the president to put his name on it. That's called signing legislation into law. So it is VERY VERY IMPORTANT that a presidential hopeful be the kind of person who reads things before he puts his name on them.

I also think Paul might have chosen the wrong profession. I suspect he would be much more widely loved as a judge than as a congressman, given his zeal for the constitution (as he understands it). The fact that Dr. Paul devotes so much energy to a fights that cannot be won, while bypassing more productive modes of pursuing the same goals, does sort of lend itself to the impression that he's nutty; uncompromising people often come off that way even when they aren't.

I've got mixed emotions towards him I guess you could say. Ron Paul reminds me of the 49ers last season- I wanna to see em get whooped so bad that it gets em kicked right out of the league, but only because I like underdogs and can't stand to see them suffer... even when its their own fault.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

well he was a west coast senator, im not sure he has met ron paul. hes met alot of people so he may have. i understand where you are coming from about politcians signing a document acting likes its theirs, i personaly dont think ron paul is a racist but that is just one mans opinion.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I like the last little quote on the article,

"Libertarians are incapable of being a racist, because racism is a collectivist idea."

I highly doubt the Ron Paul wrote those letters. He had to be buried deep by the MSM due to his popularity. And I mean come on, its CNN (Communist News Network) for crying out loud.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Aren't political parties also a collectivist idea?

The fact that there is a party wherein people collectively work to defeat collectivism pretty much blows the teflon theory of libertarian racism right out of the water.

PS: Did you notice the stunningly appropos grammatical error which actually renders the statement logically sound?

LibertarianS are incapable of being A racist

The quote literally translates, "multiple libertarians are incapable of coming together as a single racist entity" (a statement which logically follows from the next clause's implication that libertarians are incapable of collectivism).

[edit on 21-11-2008 by The Vagabond]

[edit on 21-11-2008 by The Vagabond]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
I like the last little quote on the article,

"Libertarians are incapable of being a racist, because racism is a collectivist idea."

I highly doubt the Ron Paul wrote those letters. He had to be buried deep by the MSM due to his popularity. And I mean come on, its CNN (Communist News Network) for crying out loud.

LOL. I like the Communist News Network bit.

I hate the way they treat anything that resembles left.

top topics

join