It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what his love is to me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A mop of dirty blonde hair is delicately set over a strong nose and a strong brow. The strong nose rests between heavily lashed hazel eyes, more green than they are brown. These eyes gaze upon my face and body as though I was the most beautiful creature he had ever encountered. In the midst of love, the lids lower languidly, as his hungry eyes feast upon my skin, made pale against his own. He watches my face, looking for my expression as he teases and loves me with his hands. Perfect shoulders perch above a well built abdomen, the skin flawless and unmarred by scars. But it is not his body I love, nor is it his hands. When he smiles at me, I see his heart being handed to me for safe-keeping. It is his smile that completes him, his smile that gives me such joy to see. Without it, his face is likeness to a stone angel, watching pensively over a cold gravestone. When I make him smile, his entire soul comes out to play.

When he is gone, a part of my heart and soul will go with him, to keep him warm and safe on cold Korean nights. I will miss seeing him stretched beneath me, his face bathed in the dim light of morning. I will miss his warm arms around me, and his eyes smiling into mine as he slowly wakes up and sees me grinning like a fool. And I am such a fool. A fool who fell too hard and fast when she knew he had to leave her eventually. But this fool is glad she fell. She's glad she had a chance to know what loving him felt like. She's glad he gave her a chance to know what BEING loved felt like.

Nightmares plague me of plane crashes galore, like some dark and menacing monster that lingers on my mind. By admitting to this fear, am I admitting to my weakness for him? My dear heart always knows that he'll be back, and if our love lasts, my heart will rejoice. I have been told I love to hard, and perhaps this is true. It takes a strong man to carry my love with him, but if he does it properly, my love will be his shield.

For one reason I will wait for him.
And that reason contains the three hardest but sweetest words in the language of man, and the language of emotion.
I love you.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Kærlighed]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I hope your love story ends with a "happily ever after". My husband inspires the same emotions, except it's not his smile, but his eyes that are his tell, I live to see laughter and happiness in his eyes and not just on his face.

join