It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Cardinal: A New World Order is Gaining Ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
From News Source:

ROME, November 20, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Speaking at the opening of the 23rd plenary assembly for the Pontifical Council for the Laity, the president of the Council, Cardinal Stanislaw Rylko, warned, "The idea of creating a 'new man' completely detached from the Judeo-Christian tradition, a new 'world order,' a new 'global ethic,' is gaining ground."

According to the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, the cardinal denounced the "dictatorship of relativism," rampant in Western societies, in which there is a growing "anti-Christian attitude" that makes "attacks on Christians, and particular on Catholics, pass off as politically correct."

News Source...

[edit on 21-11-2008 by TommyG]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyG

"Dictatorship of relativism" huh? I find president Bush's quote quite interesting from this article I found, where Bush visited Pope Benedict....

Bush told Benedict, "In a world where some no longer believe that we can distinguish between simple right and wrong, we need your message to reject this 'dictatorship of relativism.'"

townhall.com...

EDIT: Right and wrong are subjective terms obviously, so I guess that is where relativism comes into play but where is the dictatorship? The U.S.?

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I guess I would think the Vatican is more of a dictatorship than the US at this point.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyG

I hate to seem to be defending a criminal organization like the RCC, but the Vatican has never claimed anything close to democracy.
Democracy is not a state of existance that everyone strives for.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The vatican is the same as the united states, they elect the pope like they elect the president. All the people here on ATS and hardly any of them have a clue as to what is really going on. Read the bible, Rome will fall, they wrote the book, it makes people think god is making all of this come true. Wake up, the roman catholic church is ran by the same people as washington DC and the inner city of london. read your money. The end of the age is almost here, new god new order of the ages.

Read the book "old world secrets the omega project codes"

[edit on 21-11-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Office 4256
reply to post by TommyG

I hate to seem to be defending a criminal organization like the RCC, but the Vatican has never claimed anything close to democracy.
Democracy is not a state of existance that everyone strives for.

Yeah. Even Plato, a pretty smart philosopher, did not seem to like Democracy too much. I believe he said that Democracies usually lead to Oligarchies.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

new topics

top topics

join