It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way to research and present a conspiracy? (Advice plz)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm posting this on the right board, apologies if not.

Basically I'm just looking for tips, advice, ideas or thoughts on ways to research and present findings. Having delved only a little into the world of conspiracies, conspiracy theories and the like, I've noted how difficult it is for the various factions to get their information across and get their differing viewpoints heard or taken seriously.

The particular case I'm interested in, compared to others, is relatively simple, cut and dried as far as I'm concerned; yet myself and others keep coming up against a brick wall when it comes to being heard or believed and ultimately getting anything done about it. (It's a double murder case and conviction of someone many believe is innocent.)

So after being a member here for a few weeks and noting a certain amount of collective intelligence in these matters, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask if any of you wouldn't mind sharing a few pointers on all or any aspects of researching, compiling and presenting such matters.

Feel free to ask questions if my post isn't clear enough. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

First of all, if you want people with no vested interest in the matter to believe you, you are going to need irrefutable evidence. I'm not going to deceive you - it's going to be very difficult to get. It's not going to be an "evenings and weekends" affair - it's going to take some serious 24/7 all-out researching.

If you're interested in something criminal/legal, you're going to need a lawyer. They will be able to advise you how to get the information you need (if it's possible), as this is different in almost every locality.

So, the bottom line is - you need to get a packet of information that ties all the elements together in direct fashion - no room for assumptions, baseless assertions, opinion-phrased-as-fact, nothing. It has to be good enough to go in front of a judge, otherwise any holes will eventually unravel the credibility of the entire project.

Also, humility is also needed. You need to have the guts to give up looking if you can't find any evidence - don't let the quest for truth consume you, otherwise you won't be you anymore. You'll be an obsessed, twisted empty husk of your former self. It sounds defeatist, but it's quite the opposite - you have to know how to pick your battles. Save yourself for the next investigation. Wearing yourself down to the point you believe things without evidence will only serve to hurt your case, and render you incapable of convincing anyone of anything.

Good luck - it's not going to be easy. I'm sure others on here will be able to give you some good advice.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
hi dave

thanks for reading and taking the time to reply. i think i'll just give up now!

kidding ... i really appreciate your answer which highlights a need for me to offer a bit more background as to where i'm at with this and my involvement.

first off - i'm just an observer in this case. i lived in the area it all went down at the time (1999) it went down and that's my only claim to any special interest. like most i followed the case through the media. by the time the main suspect was arrested, no-one following the case was surprised and due to what we'd heard through the media most thought he was guilty. when he was convicted i was surprised because to me there wasn't enough evidence for a conviction beyond reasonable doubt. i found that rather disconcerting but didn't care too much because i believed his was guilty.

over the years so much more has come to light with a lot of irrefutable facts and i now believe an innocent man was imprisoned for life due to one of our top brass coppers needing to convict someone and using his position to manipulate the situation and the media to fit up his suspect. (Scott Watson)

Watson already has a team of family and lawyers working on his case but from what I can gather they're being stonewalled by the usual red-tape and bureaucracy you get in most countries; despite being armed with more facts and evidence of Watson's innocence and police corruption.

I think our only hope now is to make more people aware of the situation and appeal to our fellow countryman's sense of justice ... to make people care enough to incite a public outcry. This is where I come in and would like to help. I've done enough research to know what I know, as have others, but how to get the word out there and make people listen?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
not sure this is relevant but i'll add it anywayz, lol.

it's just frustrating to know in your own heart an innocent man is in jail for a crime he didn't commit. for the most part i try not to think about it because i know there isn't a lot i can do about it ... and i'm pretty sure that any effort i make to try and do anything about it will be fruitless.

on the other hand i feel guilty for not trying. it feels wrong to just let it be.

top topics

join