It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timothy Geithner to be named treasury secretary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is a breaking news story but given the implications on the economy I thought it best to go with a post here. I haven't been able to find a online article confirming but CNBC is confirming right now that he will be selected treasury secretary.

Some interesting notes from his wikipedia article: it claims that (1) he is a member of CFR, (2) a member of the group of thirty, along with being a federal reserve bureaucrat.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yep, I'm hearing the same news.

More of the same ol' crap. Here is a pretty decent rundown on who he is.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
More info

Barring last minute changes, the nominee for Treasury Secretary will be NY Fed President Tim Geithner -- a career Treasury official under both Bob Rubin and Larry Summers -- who actually had worked at the Treasury in three administrations under five Secretaries -- going back to 1988.

Geithner has been a key player in the current economic crisis -- helping Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and his team manage the wall street bailout.

Gods help us all.

Now, pardon me for getting all conspiratorial on a conspiracy site here, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the current NY Fed President being named as Treasury Sec. That's a consolidation of power looking thing that makes me rather nervous.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Biography

CFR member alert! Yep .. the trilats, bildebergers and CFR get yet another foothold. As I said elsewhere .... lovely 'change'.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would agree that this certainly is an alarming trend. This is someone who is even more well "connected" to all sorts of lobbying/policy groups than Paulson was. And that is a VERY high bar to pass.

Certainly not "change" - quite the opposite direction.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The cfr really do run your country, and the population probably has no clue who they are, lol.

Amazing how they pulled of this trick. But like the quote from the past, when was it rockefeller said, that they could not have done all they did without the media being quiet, lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon

Now, pardon me for getting all conspiratorial on a conspiracy site here, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the current NY Fed President being named as Treasury Sec. That's a consolidation of power looking thing that makes me rather nervous.

consolidation of power is "fo' sho'" another CFR globalists in position of public office

so much for change we can believe in. I didn't support Either candidate b/c they are PUPPETS and this is the same ole same ole

the fox guarding the henhouse, the president of the NY FED getting the treasury job ya lets see who he looks out for............the bankers the fed was created to protect, or the desperate american sheeple geeee

this could be worse than paulson........

The 500 point pump at the end of the day was a short squeeze combined with an oversold condition from yesterday.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I bet it tickles the Obama supporters that Obama picks a banking insider to deal with the economy.

I wonder when all the "give him a chance" replies start cropping up?

I wonder when the American people start seeing the set up that the political and elite class has been playing for the last few decades.

1. Get rid of much of the Great Depression era regulatory safeguards in finance and investment during the Clinton years.

2. Run up the easy credit and churn the economy during the Bush years.

What is Obama gonna bring? Does his cabinet choices spell true change like he campaigned for or is it just another big lie in order to continue along with the giant set-up to enslave the American population?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow this is change that we all can love huh? Just get ready for four more years of our typical American two party crime family. Most of us here on ATS knew there would be no change. This guy has had his hands in all of this crap thats going down. I mean look he is a FED head that should say enough. I think people need to understand that the America we all though we were does not exist anymore and probably is not going to come back anytime soon. We will be what France was after its high points. Viva La Liberte

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I must say I'm seriously dissapointed in the President-Elect for his choices in Sec State and Treasury. I was cautiously optimistic that he would pick Volker as Sec Tres, the man has a proven record of making tough decisions. Gietner is more a part of the problem than anyone we might HOPE would be able to help fix this. I noticed in his bio that Gietner speaks several languages. I guess this will help him beg foreign governments to keep the US credit line open.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just what we need, another globalist in a high posistion of power. I loved the staged rally on wall st after it was announced. This guy has bad news written all over him. Given his connections and all, he makes Paulson look like the champion of the people. I just hope Obama supporters like their change, cause that's all they're going to have.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

One of his first jobs was at Kissinger Associates, where he worked directly for Henry Kissinger, researching a book.

Uhm.. Yeah..
I guess he was selected and mentored by Henry Kissinger himself back then.

Change? What change??

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was flipping through channels and caught CNN talking aobut him. Gergen came on and pretty much admitted his man crush on Geithner. Wonder if they'll meet up at the next Bohemian Grove to "discuss" issues. These Globablists are going for the kill now.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This cannot really be a surprise to anyone. He is another member of the cabal that has engineered economic disaster for this country and he will now be a part of the "solution." The problem is, the "solution" will end will complete economic depression and a new currency (Amero, or world currency) taking us to the brink of world government. Someone from the FED in the cabinet...the end is near!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

top topics

join