It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the government's going begging . . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but this is on one hand pathetic and on the other , somewhat scary . . .

The United States has asked four oil-rich Gulf states for close to 300 billion dollars to help it curb the global financial meltdown, Kuwait's daily Al-Seyassah reported Thursday.

Link to source

The article also reports that part of this money will go to 'help the ailing auto industry' . . .

I guess investing in T-bills and the like isn't good enough (go figure) so now we're tin cupping it with the Middle East.

Man . . . aren't we still blowing up part of that area?

edit: oops . . . forgot the link

[edit on 21-11-2008 by GoalPoster]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
We're good for it... We will pay them back.

lol.

actually... I shouldn't be laughing.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
We're good for it... We will pay them back.

lol.

actually... I shouldn't be laughing.

The post of the day!!!!!!!

I think I peed a bit in my pants on that one.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The problem is the gulf states are too much in oil and oil prices are dropping like a rock.

If anything, watch turmoil in the middle east increase and watch the U.S. pay another 900 billion trying to "fix" it. Sheesh we already got pirates running around.

Maybe the U.S. government is just asking for an advance fee to prepare for the s--t hitting the fan.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This actually makes sense. The oil nations have the most to lose if our economy keeps tanking - nobody will be able to buy fuel! Except it should be a bailout and not a loan. Yeah, right, like that'll ever happen.

There was a different thread saying 'Why doesn't big oil bail out the auto industry?'

Oil bailout for auto makers thread

[edit as usual for typo's]

[edit on 21-11-2008 by OuttaHere]

new topics

top topics

join